Happy Anniversary The 6Ts Rhythm And Soul Society

Guest Chris Waterman

Guest Chris Waterman

Well Saturday 5th September see's the 30th Anniversary All-nighter at The 100 Club for The 6Ts Rhythm and Soul Society which was formed in August 1979, now that is one hell of an achievement.

30 years and still going strong, well done Ady and the team past and present.

Well done

Chris W & Marcelle NCS

Social source share

• Replies 34
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

I was at the 6th Anniversary , living around the corner in foreign student digs , 16yrs old , me and my mates trying to pass ourselves off as students , whilst labouring our arse off in building sites , only lasted 6 months !!!! Then we all got sacked , lost the rooms and two of my mates ended up screwing the fruit machine in a boozer somewhere to get us the coach fare home to Edinburgh , which in those days was like a stagecoach from one end of the states to another !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Days !!!

Congrats to you all ,

thumbup.gif

Social source share

Cannot believe it is 30 years since WIDD urged us all to get up to the 100 CLUB! On the first one, a mate of ours was released that day from 'her majesty's safety net' and boy did he get hammered! On the way home SAINTY fell asleep at the wheel and his old Triumph Herald with holes in the floor skewed across three lanes of the M3 and nearly sent me, him, GREETY and BILLY THE TOOTH to our graves. Wow, all that fun we would have missed in the decades to come!

Well done ADY, another true landmark in the history of the scenethumbsup.gif

Social source share

22 years for me and the magics still there, so many great nights, Maxine and Ray Pollard among the best.

Remember descending the stairs at the start of one nighter and Mick was tearing the place up with 'why when the love is gone', EVERYONE was dancing and it was only 2amthumbup.gifthumbup.gif .

(Still miss Clarky thosad.gif )

Baby head wetting and 30 years in one night, top hole dear boy, top hole.

Jimthumbsup.gif

Edited by Jim Elliott
Social source share

22 years for me and the magics still there, so many great nights, Maxine and Ray Pollard among the best.

Remember descending the stairs at the start of one nighter and Mick was tearing the place up with 'why when the love is gone', EVERYONE was dancing and it was only 2amthumbup.gifthumbup.gif .

(Still miss Clarky thosad.gif )

Baby head wetting and 30 years in one night, top hole dear boy, top hole.

Jimthumbsup.gif

Cant agree with you more Mr Elliott. Has always been a priviledge and hats off to you Ady et al for your sterling work over these years, it is appreciated by so many. Long gone are the days of Invictaway coaches from Ditton corner and trying to get a half fare but there is still that excitement and so many great memories....long may they continue.

Something tells me little Sam has been keeping you up bud sad.gif . Have a safe journey down to the smoke.

Lee thumbup.gif

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Cannot believe it is 30 years since WIDD urged us all to get up to the 100 CLUB!

...Dunno why Pete would have told you to go to the 100 Club, when 30 years ago the rest of us were packing out a small basement below a pub in Covent Garden's Maiden Lane?wicked.gif

That notwithstanding, Congratulations and jubilations to soul's equivalent of The Oldest Established Permanent Floating Crap Game In New York. May we all be around in another 30 years to celebrate its 6Teth!!!thumbup.gif

Edited by TONY ROUNCE
Social source share

well done!

wish I could be there tonight, but I can't.... and anyway it'll just be full of people that never normally go and only go on the anniversary to say that they've been ph34r.gif

big love to you Ady xxx

Social source share

...Dunno why Pete would have told you to go to the 100 Club, when 30 years ago the rest of us were packing out a small basement below a pub in Covent Garden's Maiden Lane?wicked.gif

Henri's Bar, excellent night. Then onto The Railway West hampstead, Randy's allnighter at the Last Chance Saloon, and the 100 Club. Someone needs to put up the early history, as I am sure many on here won't know how it started or what the evening do's were like (totally different to the allnighters).

Anyway a great achievement.Steve

Social source share

Henri's Bar, excellent night. Then onto The Railway West hampstead, Randy's allnighter at the Last Chance Saloon, and the 100 Club. Someone needs to put up the early history, as I am sure many on here won't know how it started or what the evening do's were like (totally different to the allnighters).

Some of the best nights out of my life bar none!! The evening dos were in a world of their own, first evening do at 100 Club was brill - if i remember rightlywhistling.gif

Well done Ady - sorry cant be there to celebrate - enjoy!!

Al

Edited by eamesy
Social source share

That notwithstanding, Congratulations and jubilations to soul's equivalent of The Oldest Established Permanent Floating Crap Game In New York. May we all be around in another 30 years to celebrate its 6Teth!!!thumbup.gif

Yeah, brain damage you see TONY, I was detained by the Queen myself when it was at Hampstead and Covent Garden but something was telling me it was not 30 years as the opening line indicates, out of interest how many years has it been based at THE 100 CLUB now? Peace and love to you on this lovely south london morning thumbsup.gif

Edited by chorleysoul
Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

You missed out our very brief dalliance with the 101 Club in Clapham Junction, Steve (after WH, before the 100 Club). A night that shall remain notorious for all manner of reasons!!!

Edited by TONY ROUNCE
Social source share

CLICK HERE for the history info....

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Yeah, brain damage you see TONY, I was detained by the Queen myself when it was at Hampstead and Covent Garden but something was telling me it was not 30 years as the opening line indicates, out of interest how many years has it been based at THE 100 CLUB now? Peace and love to you on this lovely south london morning thumbsup.gif

You too, mate.thumbup.gif

It's only something like the 27th or 28th anniversary of the 'niters, but it's 30 years overall since I had the honour of inaugurating the first ever 6Ts event, at Henry's, with a spin of Johnnie Taylor's "Just the One I've Been Looking For".

I remember the day vividly, even to the point of it being overcast - Ady and I went to see "Quadrophenia" at the Plaza cinema in Piccadilly Circus in the afternoon, followed by a couple of pints in a Covent Garden pub, near the offices of the music paper "Sounds", with a motley selection of people that, at various times, included Garry Bushell and Brian Kotz (a.k.a. Brian Betteridge) from the mod group Back To Zero, and possibly Randy at some point. A quick bite to eat and a nip back to Langham Street for a wash and brush up then over to Maiden Lane for what, even though it was coming in the wake of some other popular London gatherings, was still by no means a foregone conclusion in terms of success.

Of course, it was a packer, and an an evening that few who were there will ever want to forget. I had many more fantastically memorable nights at West Hampstead and in the early pre-'niter days of the 100 Club, but that opening night will always be one of the great nights out in my life...

Edited by TONY ROUNCE
Social source share

Guest Matt Male

To my great shame i haven't been down to the 100 Club since the early 80s sad.gif but well done Ady and everyone for carrying on and doing so well without my participation. I promise i'll come down again some day... tongue.gif

Social source share

You missed out our very brief dalliance with the 101 Club in Clapham Junction, Steve (after WH, before the 100 Club). A night that shall remain notorious for all manner of reasons!!!

Tone,

Think that was the night with only one deck - due to some blokes whistling decks not connecting to the in-house system!!

Al

Social source share

well done!

wish I could be there tonight, but I can't.... and anyway it'll just be full of people that never normally go and only go on the anniversary to say that they've been :ph34r:

big love to you Ady xxx

That's not true! I always go to the Christmas one as well!

Congrats Ady, no mean feat in today's world. Of course I hold you responsible not only for the misspending of my youth, and for letting me in when I was underage (you old perv), but also for introducing me to some of the best friends a girl could ever have, and the best music I'll ever be privileged to hear.

See you later on.

T x

Social source share

28 AND A HALF ISH AT THE 100 AND DON'T FORGET THE dOMINION ON tOTT cT rD TOO.

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Tone,

Think that was the night with only one deck - due to some blokes whistling decks not connecting to the in-house system!!

Al

That's quite correct, mate. Piece of p*ss for an old pro like me to cope with, though!:thumbup:

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

DON'T FORGET THE dOMINION ON tOTT cT rD TOO.

Ah yes, I remember it well, Ady - it was the night I fell out with Eddie Engel, after having to be talked down from wanting to lamp him one for whining at me when I played Derrick Harriott's "The Loser" (yes, readers, we did used to play the odd ska and/or rocksteady tune back in the old pre-niter days. Well, Tony Ellis and I did. Oh, and Randy used to play Prince Buster's "Don't Throw Stones" when the mood was on him, now I come to think of it...)

Social source share

Ah yes, I remember it well, Ady - it was the night I fell out with Eddie Engel, after having to be talked down from wanting to lamp him one for whining at me when I played Derrick Harriott's "The Loser" (yes, readers, we did used to play the odd ska and/or rocksteady tune back in the old pre-niter days. Well, Tony Ellis and I did. Oh, and Randy used to play Prince Buster's "Don't Throw Stones" when the mood was on him, now I come to think of it...)

i don't think Randy had DTS it was one I played at the flat at the all night parties after the dances. Randy played Carolina and Derek & Patsy

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

i don't think Randy had DTS it was one I played at the flat at the all night parties after the dances. Randy played Carolina and Derek & Patsy

...You are quite right (on both points) - but I'm sure I heard it at WH at least once and I didn't have a copy then, so I know I didn't play it...

Social source share

Some great all night parties in your flat Ady, then the pub Sunday lunch time, great days with my old mate Paul Guntrip RIP, etc

Al

Social source share

28 AND A HALF ISH AT THE 100 AND DON'T FORGET THE dOMINION ON tOTT cT rD TOO.

Oh only 28 and a half years since SAINTY nearly killed us then! Seems like yesterday and a million years all rolled into one - if that makes any sense at all!

no.gif

Social source share

Well Saturday 5th September see's the 30th Anniversary All-nighter at The 100 Club for The 6Ts Rhythm and Soul Society which was formed in August 1979, now that is one hell of an achievement.

30 years and still going strong, well done Ady and the team past and present.

Well done

Chris W & Marcelle NCS

Happy Birthday 100 Club.

We can't be there tonight, but everbody enjoy.

Our night to remember there would be Maxine Brown, it was on a Thursday night I think.

All the Best Dave & Lou.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert