Sellers How To Avoid Paypal Fees

Sheldonsoul

whilst buying a record off someone they asked me to pay by paypal, go to make a payment click on personal click on gift then send and hey presto the seller had no paypal fees stopped, and in the bargain gave me free P+P, not sure if this works for buyers though and as far as i know is perfectly legal, anybody who buys from me now i allways ask if they dont mind doing thisthumbup.gif

Social source share

• Replies 18
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

whilst buying a record off someone they asked me to pay by paypal, go to make a payment click on personal click on gift then send and hey presto the seller had no paypal fees stopped, and in the bargain gave me free P+P, not sure if this works for buyers though and as far as i know is perfectly legal, anybody who buys from me now i allways ask if they dont mind doing thisthumbup.gif

yes its good not sure if it works between all countries though ?

and buyer needs to pay from a bank account not by a credit card. If its by credit card buyer gets option on who pays the fees they can choose themselves or the seller.

Social source share

i do this if not paying for something from ebay. lets hope the folks at poopal dont spot it coz im sure thell stop it.ph34r.gif

dave

friday 4th sept. hull soul club.with guests pinches twins

paypal must have added it though because it wasn't always an option was it ?

but I agree can't see it lasting forever as more and more people are onto it now.

Social source share

Guest t.o.t.s.s.c

I think there is a downside to this.

If the purchased item is faulty and you want a refund but the seller refuses, I don't think you can make a claim, as the payment was originally a gift.

very true you have no come back you cannot even open a dispute as it was a gift, or leave feedback as it was not a purchase so ok

for small amounts only.

Social source share

Pretty sure that when it comes to the final part of the transaction you have to specify who's paying the fees - recipient or sender - can't see paypal giving away their commission.

not if you pay from a bank account then no fees for either person.

the above is only right if you are paying by credit card. thumbsup.gif

Social source share

yes its correct as i have been using this method for over a year and i apear to have told every person on this site by the looks of it , but it wont always work because once you have sent a fair amount of money paypals automatic security system kicks in ,( because this is what they told me ) they have to wait for the money from your bank .so if you aint got the funds or your up to no good .ie. using some other persons paypal acount (think about it) to send cash . they paypal will lose out . i know this because i sent a bloke a grand one day no problem next day i tried to send the same bloke more cash for more tunes but it wouldent let me do it stating not enough funds . i knew i had .so couldent work it out . rang paypal and the guy explained it all to me . they will only let you send so much money no mater how trusted or how much you have ,

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert