Marie Knight R.i.p

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Guest TONY ROUNCE

...I've no time or date of death info as yet, but I got word this morning from a pal in the USA that Marie Knight passed away yesterday.

Amazingly, at the age of 84 she was still doing live shows, right up until a short time before her passing.

God bless, Sister Marie...

Edited by TONY ROUNCE
Social source share

• Replies 21
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

:( What sad news indeed

another Iconic figure from the scene slips away, You Lie So Well & Thats No Way To Treat a Girl will always be heard as long as this scene still lives and breaths as they are both truly wonderful tracks, the break and then that

"Errrrrrrrrrrrmmmmmmmmm" "I said you lie so well" a musical masterpiece

:lol: god bless Marie and farewell and a big Thank You :( x Moggy

Social source share

...I've no time or date of death info as yet, but I got word this morning from a pal in the USA that Marie Knight passed away yesterday.

Amazingly, at the age of 84 she was still doing live shows, right up until a short time before her passing.

God bless, Sister Marie...

Still singing at 84 : Respect indeed ......

RIP

Malc Burton

Social source share

Guest Mark Holmes

RIP Marie you sang what in my humble opinion are some of the best words in a song ever

"The taste of madness of your lips placed on mine, has turned to sadness in such a little time" Priceless in the delivery.

Thanks

Social source share

I knew she had been singing for 60 odd years but didn't realize the depth of her output>

Amazing voice best summed up from this newspaper quote.

"Her delivery," a reviewer for the San Francisco Chronicle wrote, "is soulful enough to surely cause some non believers to want to get right with God."

RIP

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert