Birder66

• Replies 21
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Matt Male

I'm guessing that this is way cheaper on UK than US - if so, what do I need to pay to get one?

It's only about a tenner on US Jerhart. So if it's value you're after get the US copy.

Social source share

about 4 variations on jerhart must have been a big hit in chicago. boba will know. only a tenner or thats what i just got for one on ebay. also came out on mica and impression in the states and president in uk and canada. these are much more expensive anything up to £150

dave

sat 29th aug. friendship soul sessions at kingstone club ,barnsley with geordie and mark + guests paul `soul galore ` newton and the pinches twins

Social source share

about 4 variations on jerhart must have been a big hit in chicago. boba will know. only a tenner or thats what i just got for one on ebay. also came out on mica and impression in the states and president in uk and canada. these are much more expensive anything up to £150

dave

sat 29th aug. friendship soul sessions at kingstone club ,barnsley with geordie and mark + guests paul `soul galore ` newton and the pinches twins

The versions on Impression and Mica are totally different to the more well known one on Jerhart. Well the Mica one is anyway, only ever had the Impression one once on a yellow issue.

Social source share

I bought mine. blind. from a Rock & Roll dealer in the late 70's.

I remember his comments something like "This is actually a Soul record... but why it wasn't a Number One Hit astonishes me - Storming track with Great vocals. Best record on the list!"

So glad I took his word for it.

Especially as the 'B' side 'I Made It Over' is an 'every bit as good' triffic deepie!

:)

Sean

Social source share

Thanks - great tune and can;t believe its so cheap on US. Bargain.

yeah one of the great cheapies cracking deep on the flip making it a proper double sider thumbsup.gif

just get the US one and save some cash for all these exensive classics you are after.

I probably have a spare if you want it.

Social source share

Their was a previuos thread on this somewhere

Think the consensus was this

Rarest Impression Issue

Next Impression demo

Next UK Demo

Next Uk Issue

Next Mica

Next Jerhart with the "Tommorow" text

Last plain Jerhart

JMs book puts the Impression Issue at £350 and the demo at £300

Not sure about Uk Price - dont have Jms Uk guide

Social source share

Rarest Impression Issue

Next Impression demo

Next UK Demo

Next Uk Issue

Next Mica

Last plain Jerhart

This was the thread Ernie

Social source share

i used to have an immpression white demo and it was exactly the same take as the jerhart copy. sold it to carl willingham for £65 at the earl of doncaster a few years ago

dave

In that case it's just the Mica one - but it's definitely a different take, very different.

Social source share

James Robbins Carnt Please You MICA

play soul

If that's recorded from the MICA issue (I've never had that 45 myself), then it's the exact same take as on the JERHART and IMPRESSION issues. It just sounds a bit "clearer" and the vocal sounds more seperated from the backing track. Much heavier compression used on the Jerhart/Impression releases perhaps, or is the Mica release in stereo? :shades:

Social source share

Guest Perception

Rarest Impression Issue

Next Impression demo

Next UK Demo

Next Uk Issue

Next Mica

Last plain Jerhart

I know you are probably right with the above order of rarity, but 2 things have always troubled me about the Impression release being first.

1) the record sounds 100% Chicago, Jerhart/Mica.

2) the word Impression means copy of original, to take an impression, to print an impression from original.

I agree that the Impression release is the rarest, but still have doubts about which one is first!

Edited by Perception
Social source share

If that's recorded from the MICA issue (I've never had that 45 myself), then it's the exact same take as on the JERHART and IMPRESSION issues. It just sounds a bit "clearer" and the vocal sounds more seperated from the backing track. Much heavier compression used on the Jerhart/Impression releases perhaps, or is the Mica release in stereo? :shades:

If you're going to be picky, substitute the word "mix" for "take", it sounds like two different records

Social source share

If you're going to be picky, substitute the word "mix" for "take", it sounds like two different records

I'm not trying to be picky, I just really wanted to know if the MICA issue utilised a different recording than the Jerhart/Impression 45.

There's a big difference between a "mix" and a "take" when it comes to studio/recording lingo.

Social source share

I'm not trying to be picky, I just really wanted to know if the MICA issue utilised a different recording than the Jerhart/Impression 45.

There's a big difference between a "mix" and a "take" when it comes to studio/recording lingo.

Well I haven't heard it for a few years but it's a different version to me.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert