• Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Just got outbid on evilbay for a Stag copy of Glen Miller:angry:

Anyone got one available ?

Dr Bird or Stag. Either would do, condition unimportant as long as it plays well:rolleyes:

Let me know

M.thumbsup.gif . -

Just for my own interest, how much did you bid? as I have had a few Doctor Bird copys and 1 Stag copy, sold 5 years ago. the last DB copy I sold for £125 NOC vg- to Pete Smith, but it went so cheap because I no it was a all time want, at the moment I have an ex+ mint- copy:ph34r: DAVE KIL
Social source share

Just for my own interest, how much did you bid? as I have had a few Doctor Bird copys and 1 Stag copy, sold 5 years ago. the last DB copy I sold for £125 NOC vg- to Pete Smith, but it went so cheap because I no it was a all time want, at the moment I have an ex+ mint- copyph34r.gif DAVE KIL

Hi Dave, tried to pm yer but..........................'This Member is Not Accepting Messages'..................ohmy.gif

Sort your messanger out and well have a conflab rolleyes.gif

Is your copy for sale thenwhistling.gif

M.

Edited by MarkWhiteley
Social source share

Interesting....would of assumed the JA issue to be harder due to the conditions often being worse and the low amount of pressings.....both beautiful labels to look at though!

The other JA Glen (Ricketts) record on Sugar Cane is also gorgeous both aurally and visually....

I have both of these on JA labels and agree, both look and sound great!

Think the Stag copy is far harder than the Doctor Bird (in my experience)... but they do tend to be priced around the same at the mo!

Good luck Mark... meanwhile I'll be sure to play it for you, if you ask me nicely, at the Blah Bar!

thumbsup.gif

Sean

Social source share

I have both of these on JA labels and agree, both look and sound great!

Think the Stag copy is far harder than the Doctor Bird (in my experience)... but they do tend to be priced around the same at the mo!

Good luck Mark... meanwhile I'll be sure to play it for you, if you ask me nicely, at the Blah Bar!

thumbsup.gif

Sean

I will ask you very nicely, please sir Mr Hampsey sir, thank you very much sir:thumbup:

enough grovellin' ?whistling

M.

Social source share

Hi Dave, tried to pm yer but..........................'This Member is Not Accepting Messages'..................ohmy.gif

Sort your messenger out and well have a conflab rolleyes.gif

Is your copy for sale thenwhistling.gif

M.

boxing.gif Hi sorry for not getting back sooner. Sadly a record like the Glen Miller, in ex con would be a trade only, as I collect mostly UK issued Soul, I don't no what you have for trade as I have most things..Its a shame that I did not auction my last copy, you can still read about it in the JA R&B section, as so many people would of given me double ££ not that I am a money man. you do know there is a reissue on a 10" sanctuary disc?...I feel that if I want to get another one it will cost me as all my copies came from Reggae & Ska collectors. ask PS if he is selling his? ten I will take the profit marginph34r.gif DAVE KILpost-13241-12513384492682_thumb.jpg

post-13241-12513384492682_thumb.jpg

Social source share

boxing.gif Hi sorry for not getting back sooner. Sadly a record like the Glen Miller, in ex con would be a trade only, as I collect mostly UK issued Soul, I don't no what you have for trade as I have most things..Its a shame that I did not auction my last copy, you can still read about it in the JA R&B section, as so many people would of given me double ££ not that I am a money man. you do know there is a reissue on a 10" sanctuary disc?...I feel that if I want to get another one it will cost me as all my copies came from Reggae & Ska collectors. ask PS if he is selling his? ten I will take the profit marginph34r.gif DAVE KILpost-13241-12513384492682_thumb.jpg

Dave I'll sell mine and give you half the profit :thumbsup:

Social source share

boxing.gif I HAVE GOT A GREAT BIT OF SOUL, JUST WAITING TO UNVAILED? WHEN MICK SMITH GETS BACK FROM HIS HOLIDAY,. I BELIEVE IT TO BE JUST AS RARE AS GLENFORD MILLER, IF YOU KNOW ANYBODY WHO LIKES TO HEAR A NEW SOUND, WOLVERHAMPTON RECORD FAIR 6th SEPT IT,s A SATURDAY, 6 NEW SOUNDS TO BE PLAYED?..AS FOR YOU GETTING A GLENFORD MILLER WELL DONE, SHAME YOU MISSED THE ONE I SOLD AS IT WAS MY ORIGANAL COPY FROM THE 7ts now you got one don't get rid of itph34r.gif DAVE KIL 22.50

Social source share

Interesting....would of assumed the JA issue to be harder due to the conditions often being worse and the low amount of pressings.....both beautiful labels to look at though!

The other JA Glen (Ricketts) record on Sugar Cane is also gorgeous both aurally and visually....

:boxing: I THINK YOU ARE VERY CORRECT, AS MY STAG COPY CAME VIA, ANDREW IN NOTTINGHAM AND HE IS A INPORTER OF JAMACAN RECORDS?. COST £30 I WAS VERY SUPRISED TO SEE THAT THERE IS NOW 5 OR 6 STAG COPIES AS FOR DOCTOR BIRD LABLE 2 YEARS AGO I COULD TELL YOU WERE 14 COPIES WERE IN WHOSE COLLECTION, INCLUDING THE 1 COPY STOLEN FROM JOHN OF JOHN AND MALCOM FAME? SO IT IS STILL VERY RARE:ph34r: DAVE KIL

Social source share

:boxing: I THINK YOU ARE VERY CORRECT, AS MY STAG COPY CAME VIA, ANDREW IN NOTTINGHAM AND HE IS A INPORTER OF JAMACAN RECORDS?. COST £30 I WAS VERY SUPRISED TO SEE THAT THERE IS NOW 5 OR 6 STAG COPIES AS FOR DOCTOR BIRD LABLE 2 YEARS AGO I COULD TELL YOU WERE 14 COPIES WERE IN WHOSE COLLECTION, INCLUDING THE 1 COPY STOLEN FROM JOHN OF JOHN AND MALCOM FAME? SO IT IS STILL VERY RARE:ph34r: DAVE KIL

How many Glen Ricketts do you think there are Dave?

Social source share

Source Advert