Tips For The Future

Guest jkw

R. L. Burnside (November 23, 1926 - September 1, 2005), born Robert Lee Burnside, was a North Mississippi hill country blues singer, songwriter, and guitarist who lived much of his life in and around Holly Springs, Mississippi. He played music for much of his life, but did not receive much attention until the early 1990s. In the latter half of the 1990s, Burnside repeatedly recorded with Jon Spencer, garnering crossover appeal and introducing his music to a new fanbase within the underground punk blues music scene.

In 1998 R.L. released Come On In, which pitted his raw blues against modern electronica, courtesy of producer Tom Rothrock (Beck, Elliot Smith). The album was a critical and commercial success, and one of its tracks, "It's Bad You Know," became a respectable radio hit and was featured in The Sopranos and on its soundtrack.

Hope this helps.

Russ

Social source share

• Replies 110
  • Views 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest SteveJohnston

I would if i could - joe haywood... excellant cheap uptempo dancer..

i've been playing this quite a few months now and i know other dj's round me have been picking it up after hearing it...

Top tune :ohmy:

I take it the White Cliffs 237 is the local issue & the Enjoy 2013 the later one of the two?

Steve J

Social source share

Just bought this myself :

George Freeman - The Moment You Came Into My Life (Kool)

Wonderful 70ts soul

krh68

Good choice,i first heard this tune on a tape that the late Mr Randy Cozens did for me in the early 80s ,it took years to track one down and buy it,but it was woirth it.

As you stated a wonderfull 70ts soul record.

Toby

Social source share

LARRY SAUNDERS-FLY AWAY LOVE BIRD(SOUL INTERNATIONAL RECORDS)

Nice dancer imho

I would if i could - joe haywood... excellant cheap uptempo dancer..

i've been playing this quite a few months now and i know other dj's round me have been picking it up after hearing it...

2 that I picked up few times ago and that I was finally thinking to play in the next month...

happy to see that other people get some interest in too...

One that is still cheap and think that can be big in the next years: Wilson Brothers - You took my future away - RCA

Social source share

Guest SteveJohnston

It's about time the two fellows "Fred & Skeets" Stop (don't give up your loving) Mutt hit the big time IMO

And how about:-

Jackie Wilson "what'ch gonna do about love" Brunswick

W.J.Moore & The Dynamic Upsetters "Everything good to you" Gutter Records

(don't have to be good to me)

Steve J

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!