Tips For The Future

Guest jkw

Guest Dark Horse

Just Bought A Copy Of This Brilliant Double Sider

The Artistics - I`ll Always Love You - Brunswick 55326-

The Artistics - Love Song - Brunswick 55326-

Roger,TOP QUALITY,BOTH SIDES!! remember Gary Spencer raving about Love song back in the late 80,s early 90,s.

They didn't make many(if any) bad records.Love the very underated Troubles,Heartache & Pain.

Regards,Arthur.

Social source share

• Replies 110
  • Views 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Here's a few..............

Moments - Hurts On Me Baby Stang

Josephine Taylor-Good Lovin' Mar-V-Lus

Little Herman-I'm Gonna Put The Hurt On You Arlen

Bunny Sigler-Sunny Sunday Parkway

Pauline Shivers-You Better Tell Him No O-Pex

Willis Wooten - Your Love Is Indescribably Delicious Virtue

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

Roger,TOP QUALITY,BOTH SIDES!! remember Gary Spencer raving about Love song back in the late 80,s early 90,s.

They didn't make many(if any) bad records.Love the very underated Troubles,Heartache & Pain.

Regards,Arthur.

Hi Arthur, record arrived this morning, not too easy to find a copy at the moment but what value.

Agree with other Artistics records, Quality.

The Artistics - I`ll Always Love You - Brunswick 55326- Brunswick_55326a.jpg

The Artistics - Love Song - Brunswick 55326- Brunswick_55326b.jpg

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Here's a few..............

Moments - Hurts On Me Baby Stang

Josephine Taylor-Good Lovin' Mar-V-Lus

Little Herman-I'm Gonna Put The Hurt On You Arlen

Bunny Sigler-Sunny Sunday Parkway

Pauline Shivers-You Better Tell Him No O-Pex

Willis Wooten - Your Love Is Indescribably Delicious Virtue

Cheers

Martyn

Willis W - a brill , gutsy , funky, powerhouse of tune you introduced to me to last year . Managed to get one so cheap and always gets lots of interest when played out.

NORTH YORKSHIRE SOUL CLUB @ THE MAGNIFICENT RILEY SMITH HALL.

TADCASTER nr YORK, SAT 17th OCTOBER

MAIN BALL ROOM (reputedly largest wooden sprung dance floor in England ) & UPSTAIRS RARE SOUL ROOM.

DJs

PAT BRADY, MARIA WILLINGHAM & GUEST, STEVE GAINEY, EDDIE WAINWRIGHT, TONY HATFIELD, JOHN PARKER , COLIN WOOD, ANDY BELLWOOD,

MARTYN BYRD & DALE BYERS

FURTHER INFO, REVIEWS, PHOTOS ETC

https://www.imonmyway.me.uk/

(All dayer Saturday 19th December)

Social source share

Guest REVILOT

Sebastion Williams and His Soulmen - The one you can't have [Cotillion ] If you dig Kell Osbourne " You can't outsmart a woman " then you'll probably like this ...Best,Eddie

Agreed

And an old Torch spin as well.Played this out a few times over the years, I guess it has the right pace for, some of the more mature dancers amongst us, today........:innocent:

Social source share

A cheapie - Beau Williams - Give Me Up - Capitol

Plus J J Caillier - Pusherman - Jay Cee - I know Poke used to play it in the 70's but it sounds so much better alongside some of the stuff played today

How' about - Darrow Fletcher My Young Misery Groovy

People's Choice You're Mine Veroneeca

Not sure if the're being played, If not should be

Steve :yes:

Social source share

A cheapie - Beau Williams - Give Me Up - Capitol

Plus J J Caillier - Pusherman - Jay Cee - I know Poke used to play it in the 70's but it sounds so much better alongside some of the stuff played today

don't think 'Pusherman' is a circa £50 45 ? - fantastic record though and yes just right for today...may be i'm wrong on price and would gladly buy one @£50..

Social source share

don't think 'Pusherman' is a circa £50 45 ? - fantastic record though and yes just right for today...may be i'm wrong on price and would gladly buy one @£50..

Missed the bit about the £50 limit - didn't read all the thread but I did actually pay just over £50 for this recently :thumbup:

Social source share

Hi Arthur, record arrived this morning, not too easy to find a copy at the moment but what value.

You're spot on with these mateyes.gif

Social source share

Guest posstot

enjoyed both the roger washington and the wayne antjony a lot.

going rate for these?

wouldn't mind a copy... anyone?

thumbsup.gif

I picked up my roger washington for 30 or could have been 60, off anglo american several years back. I do know that Ted "stonecold" couldstone, sold a copy for 150 not too long ago. So between 60 and 150....for roger, depends if you're lucky i guess.

As for wayne anthony i paid $ 15-20 for mine. Ebay had a little flurry of them a while ago, may still be some about, but i think with demand 60 - 100...but if you look under a couple of stones here and there...a tenner may be enough!!

Social source share

Guest posstot

I can never decide which is the better side...normally love song...yet then again I'll always love you....look, I'm doin it again!!

Superb, i think there best!!

Social source share

I picked up my roger washington for 30 or could have been 60, off anglo american several years back. I do know that Ted "stonecold" couldstone, sold a copy for 150 not too long ago. So between 60 and 150....for roger, depends if you're lucky i guess.

As for wayne anthony i paid $ 15-20 for mine. Ebay had a little flurry of them a while ago, may still be some about, but i think with demand 60 - 100...but if you look under a couple of stones here and there...a tenner may be enough!!

thanks! :thumbup:

Social source share

CHUCK CONLON-Won`t You Say Yes To Me, Girl -MARLIN £40

MARSHALL and THE CHI-LITES-Love Bandit/Pretty Girl-DARAN £50 (Great double sider)

CRAIG CARR-What`s Your Game-DOT (Value?-could be anything-not seen another copy anywhere..)

Pretty Girl, great record. Used to spin this back in the late 80's early 90's...never really plyed the other side out though.

Social source share

You're spot on with these mateyes.gif

I can never decide which is the better side...normally love song...yet then again I'll always love you....look, I'm doin it again!!

Superb, i think there best!!

Thanks, I have been Listening to these amongst others in the car for a few weeks now whilst travelling to and from work.

Know what you mean regards which is the better side, exactly what I've been doing, changing from one to the other. :shades:

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Thanks, I have been Listening to these amongst others in the car for a few weeks now whilst travelling to and from work.

Know what you mean regards which is the better side, exactly what I've been doing, changing from one to the other. :shades:

Another that has caught my attention recently is probably too common for it's own good,

one of the first records that I bought & have bought it on Various Labels over the years for "COOL JERK".

The Three Caps (The Capitols) - Hello Stranger -

Awesome Tune, every home should have a copy & possibly has. :wub:

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Another that has caught my attention recently is probably too common for it's own good,

one of the first records that I bought & have bought it on Various Labels over the years for "COOL JERK".

Awesome Tune, every home should have a copy & possibly has. :shades:

what a fookin great tune bud ! lovely soul, this home aint got one, but i hope it will have soon, how much is this mate ?

Social source share

what a fookin great tune bud ! lovely soul, this home aint got one, but i hope it will have soon, how much is this mate ?

Should pick it up for a few Dollars KAREN 1524 - "Cool Jerk" / "Hello, Stranger"

Quite a few on ebay at the moment Various grades.

They were called The Three Caps - U.K. Atlantic

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Big tune for Dave Rivers...........not everyones cuppa char, but sounds great booming thru a big system..........i like it & it deserves a wider audience IMO, as does the artist in genneral.

Russ

some great stuff here, another two which I love are The Kelly Brothers 'Crying days are over' Sims and The Manhattens 'All I need is your love' Carnival......

Social source share

great to hear that sort of price ...i'll keep looking

North Yorkshire Soul Club- prior to the main event @ the magnificent Riley Smith Hall, Tadcaster nr York

https://www.imonmyway.me.uk/

there's a free warm-up event @The Falcon. Sat 17th Oct. 3pm-8pm.

Fantastic tunes from quality Guest DJs plus slots for 'bring a box' ( - contact Dale via soul-source asap), great food, fine wines & ale.

Social source share

Guest smigger

Big tune for Dave Rivers...........not everyones cuppa char, but sounds great booming thru a big system..........i like it & it deserves a wider audience IMO, as does the artist in genneral.

Russ

Boss tune that. Think our italian friends Jestofunk used that groove to good effect.

Social source share

And the flip .... a top 2 sider!

Sam & Bill 'I'll Try' Decca -

The list it seems is endless with nearly every colllector having one or more of his own, so outside of Butch and The lifeline crew (and some notable others) who all seem to drop one or two cheapies in their sets why are more DJ's not picking up on these? Vinyl snobbery - Lack of imagination?

If I had to put money on any record here it would be Mark Putny, it sounds better now than it did back in it's Mecca days - Somebodys gonna pick up on it :thumbup:

Social source share

Here are a few bits i play in the house at the moment that deserve a play out and about...again!!

Dramatics "No rebate on love"

Delegation..."Back door love"

Ronnie McNeir..."Now she's gone"

OC Smith..."Nothing but the best"

Thee Chekkers..."Lack of love"

Jimmy Soul Clark..."Tell her"

Garland Green..."Come through me"

Champaigne..."If one more morning"

Ellusion..."Living on the verge of leaving"

and i'm still going on about, and finally its getting response

Lifestyle..."Trying to make it up to you"

Just a few cheapies that need airing..in my opinion!!

Harpo

Social source share

Oliver Norman - Drowning In My Own Despair - Decca - Love this onethumbup.gif

Fantastic record 'Arry thumbsup.gif

Here's another cheapie that along with Oliver Norman is now getting requested when I'm out spinning a few....JJ Daniels - Mr Lonesome - Sureshot (£30/40).

Also Benny Latimore - Girl I Got News For You - Dade (£20 or so) which I've played out last few years.

Social source share

Guest REVILOT

There ar so many great records around and about for under,,,,,, well even under a tenner, if one looks hard enough.

Don't know where to start really but some that spring to mind include:-

JAN BRADLEY - BACK IN CIRCULATION - ADANTI

WHIRLWIND - DON'T LET HIM GET THE BEST OF YOU - ROULETTE

BLUE NOTES - STANDING BY YOU GIRL - GLADES

MARION BLACK - WHO KNOWS - CAPSOUL

BUD HARPER - LET ME LOVE YOU - PEACOCK

OK not all easily found under a tenner...but

:)

Social source share

Guest posstot

Awesome Tune, every home should have a copy & possibly has. :D

OOOHHHH YYYEES!, Have to agree on that one also....Three caps? off the album or did they release a 45 under that name?, in the blighty.

Social source share

Guest posstot

Russ

Did he get this of "stonecold" Ted Couldstone? or did Ted here it there first.....From the 80's isn't it?

Social source share

Guest posstot

some great stuff here, another two which I love are The Kelly Brothers 'Crying days are over' Sims and The Manhattens 'All I need is your love' Carnival......

Brilliant raw 60's RnB/soul the kelly brothers and the manhattans is a superb bit of "Northern" FO SHO.

Social source share

Fantastic record 'Arry thumbsup.gif

Here's another cheapie that along with Oliver Norman is now getting requested when I'm out spinning a few....JJ Daniels - Mr Lonesome - Sureshot (£30/40).

Also Benny Latimore - Girl I Got News For You - Dade (£20 or so) which I've played out last few years.

all down to your recomendation chalksterthumbsup.gif [oliver norman]

Social source share

not sure how well known / played out these are, but these would be my tips

Harvey Averne - People - Uptite (brilliant latin soul!)

Joe Sutton - you put me through some changes - Chaka (funky crossover)

ZZ Hill - what more - Kent (moody 60s/northern)

Eddie Bo - i found a little girl - At last (fantastic rnb mover)

Social source share

Hiya peeps,just fresh back from my jolliesthumbup.gif

Two more from me that have been mentioned in the past but need refreshing cos they are so feckin cheap and available

CHIMES-THE BEGINNING OF MY LIFE(DOWN TO EARTH)

Joan reminded me how good it is when she gave it a spin at Coachman ohmy.gif

LARRY SAUNDERS-FLY AWAY LOVE BIRD(SOUL INTERNATIONAL RECORDS)

Nice dancer imho

Social source share

Did he get this of "stonecold" Ted Couldstone? or did Ted here it there first.....From the 80's isn't it?

Its LP only i beleive, the CD is every where, but i just picked up the limited vinyl. Not sure of exact details, but later than the 8ts deffo, the guy is dead now, but within the last few years i think.............i'll do some diggin' & get back to you.

Russ

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert