New York Record Shops

• Replies 16
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest familytree

im off to new york in october, can anybody recomend any half decent record shops ?

cheers

trev

vinyl mania! been about for years and a great bunch of guys in there... enjoy! x (if its still open???? :lol:

Social source share

im off to new york in october, can anybody recomend any half decent record shops ?

cheers

trev

Hey soulman! wave.gif

I'm going to New York mid September (1st time for me in the big apple ! thumbup.gif ) so if I stumble across any whilst on my travels I'll let you know when Im back.

ATB

Ali x

P.S Erm .... why do you only want the half decent shops ? lol biggrin.gif x

Social source share

Guest familytree

Hey soulman! wave.gif

I'm going to New York mid September (1st time for me in the big apple ! thumbup.gif ) so if I stumble across any whilst on my travels I'll let you know when Im back.

ATB

Ali x

P.S Erm .... why do you only want the half decent shops ? lol biggrin.gif x

hey ali our doin a lot of jet settin lately! (international woman of mystery!:lol: i love N.Y! you will have a ball! great clubs and so many to choose from... i may go back myself for my big b.day???!!! x

Social source share

hey ali our doin a lot of jet settin lately! (international woman of mystery!:smile: i love N.Y! you will have a ball! great clubs and so many to choose from... i may go back myself for my big b.day???!!! x

Ha ha ! Well - if you need someone to tag along wi you for your 21st ....... give me a yell ...... PLEASE !!!

I've almost used all my holiday entitlement this year, with the odd trip here & there.... well ! I've had a lot of birthday celebrating to do :thumbup: ...Ive been told Its all downhill next year :sad: so I say live for today & sod tomorrow so I'll take unpaid leave from work if I have to if it means another frisk at airport security (whey hey !!) :wink:

Keep me posted on your birthday plans & I'll help you celebrate it ..... wherever you are !!

Ali xxx

Social source share

Guest familytree

Ha ha ! Well - if you need someone to tag along wi you for your 21st ....... give me a yell ...... PLEASE !!!

I've almost used all my holiday entitlement this year, with the odd trip here & there.... well ! I've had a lot of birthday celebrating to do :thumbup: ...Ive been told Its all downhill next year :sad: so I say live for today & sod tomorrow so I'll take unpaid leave from work if I have to if it means another frisk at airport security (whey hey !!) :wink:

Keep me posted on your birthday plans & I'll help you celebrate it ..... wherever you are !!

Ali xxx

thanks ali, ive not made any plans as yet and have no interest to... perhaps its the age i will be, sooner forget!!!!! but would be lovely to celebrate with you x

hey wouldnt it be great us all in the big apple... what a good time we would have! i will hold that thought and if money allows .... when you going? x

Social source share

Hi

been to NYC on severall ocasions there are loads of record shops in greenich village but never realy found any thing worth more than £20. your best bet is to travel out on the metro to places like the Bronx or look if theres any record shows on. sure thers a record show in manhatton on the 1st weekend in november thincks its called the wrfm record fair ive found a few nice bits there, but not cheap Found some nice bits in New Jersey in a town called new brunswick. This is about an hours ride on the bus out of Manhatton.

Social source share

I had a bit o luck this time last year @ a few spots.

Brooklyn Flea - https://www.brownstoner.com/brooklynflea/

A fellow there had ex-jukeboxs singles a buck a pop. Bought 88 45s. That was just one stall. Great to take the missus too also might I add. Lots of famous shoppers in attendance & great food.

Big City - https://nymag.com/listings/stores/big-city-records/

Spent a couple of hundred here on singles alone! Got to the counter & then the owner pulled out a box of more "priced items". Just beat 3 "Pommy" fellows entering hunting "Northern".

Well worth a visit! 3 other spots within a block worth visiting also might I add.

Enjoy & good luck!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert