William Powell Hits Over £3000 On Ebay

• Replies 121
  • Views 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

laugh.gif FOR SURE ARTHUR, WELCOME TO SS, JUST MY HUMBLE OPINION MATE, YOU PULLED OUT SOME REAL GEMS OVER THE YEARS PAL, BUT THIS AIN'T ONE OF EM shades.gif

BRI PINCH.

Well i guess we'll never agree on this 1 no.gif must get over sometime to your sunday event, can i cope with the wonderful Mcfailes for a full afternoon tho ? ( love em really ) thumbsup.gif, best, Arthur.

Social source share

Guest ScooterNik

3K is a bargain, great time to buy big, gonna be worth between 5K-8K in a couple of years. 7K record like margeret little will be worth 10K-12K. Get with the program I say, 9 times out of 10 the more you invest in a quality 45 the more return you will have, what ten quid record is gonna fetch big money in a couple of years that you know about, 99% of all soul 45s more or less have been discovered to date. We are we all experts on vinyl these days, but the old saying is 'no-one will ever know everything'

I have to say that of all the comments on this thread, this one is the only one that has annoyed me enough to reply.

Whatever happened to buying records because you liked them? Not everyone buys records as an investment, I couldn't give a toss if my box of vinyl is worth pennies or thousands, almost every record in there is there because I like it, not because in 25 years time I think I'll have my retirement fund sorted!

For what its worth, I think the rare record collector is a dying breed. Very few people these days are new to the scene compared to the glory days, or even the early 80s. Of those that are coming into the scene, a small part will become collectors. This in time will cause record values to fall.

When they do, i won't be bothered though.... I'll be sitting on a pile of records I like, not ones I paid through the nose for.

Social source share

Well i guess we'll never agree on this 1 no.gif must get over sometime to your sunday event, can i cope with the wonderful Mcfailes for a full afternoon tho ? ( love em really ) thumbsup.gif, best, Arthur.

Are you still into golf arthur. Are you still a bandit at selby golf club

all the best

paul & stuart

Social source share

£3k is it worth it?

in the scheme of things, with 6 (?) known copies, i'd say so. And it's brilliant imo.

i have enjoyed reading all the comments on william powell and reckon my own copy signed by william powell himself (his own copy ) and bought off me by mick h a couple of years ago for more than the one sold on ebay,was a bit of a snip and great value.

best george.

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Happy memories of yesteryear, but ask Arthur about the more chilling memory of the crossbow hanging on the wall in Ady's house in Snaith!!!

Met the Ady in question at an 80th birthday do last night (ya can't say we don't get to some wild parties :lol: ) - nice guy I thought - and he got chatting with Arthur about this record.

Apparently he recalls it being found on the other side of town to where Arthur insisted they were.

..Don't ask me where, but finding out Arthur was wrong, made my night! :thumbsup:

Especially when he said it was like finding out Jesus Christ was actually born in Teneriffe!

(Don't get it myself. I'm more interested in where the record was made, rather than the exact location of a spot of record shopping all those years ago. For what it's worth, I do like the record and there are lots that I don't).

m

Social source share

I have to say that of all the comments on this thread, this one is the only one that has annoyed me enough to reply.

Whatever happened to buying records because you liked them? Not everyone buys records as an investment, I couldn't give a toss if my box of vinyl is worth pennies or thousands, almost every record in there is there because I like it, not because in 25 years time I think I'll have my retirement fund sorted!

For what its worth, I think the rare record collector is a dying breed. Very few people these days are new to the scene compared to the glory days, or even the early 80s. Of those that are coming into the scene, a small part will become collectors. This in time will cause record values to fall.

When they do, i won't be bothered though.... I'll be sitting on a pile of records I like, not ones I paid through the nose for.

Common sense, at last. Music is for the ears of everyone, not just the rich.

That's why some considerate executive at EMI launched the Music for Pleasure label. Even orphans and homeless people could afford to buy those LPs.

Obviously, a homeless lad wouldn't have had a hi-fi system but at least he could build a nice collection of cheap albums.

:wink:

Best regards,

Paul

Social source share

...come to think of it, a homeless lad with a bit of imagination and some sellotape could probably build a nice little shelter out of a bunch of cheap LP covers.

Can you imagine that???

You could actually live inside your record collection!

:smile:

Seriously, I think that would be a very cool thing to do.

Social source share

...come to think of it, a homeless lad with a bit of imagination and some sellotape could probably build a nice little shelter out of a bunch of cheap LP covers.

Can you imagine that???

You could actually live inside your record collection!

smile.gif

Seriously, I think that would be a very cool thing to do.

Come round here i allready do ! :)

Social source share

• 1 month later...

So is this one on ebay another or the same one again?

Ambitious price! shades.gif

There were rumours of a few having been found ? Anyone have any details on this - a box of up to 25 ?

I have no information at all...............................but if the ones for sale are all Mint white demos could be something in it and I am presuming that the matrix and run out grooves are thoroughly checked ?

Has anyone any further or better or contrary information ?

Social source share

There were rumours of a few having been found ? Anyone have any details on this - a box of up to 25 ?

I have no information at all...............................but if the ones for sale are all Mint white demos could be something in it and I am presuming that the matrix and run out grooves are thoroughly checked ?

Has anyone any further or better or contrary information ?

Dont do rumours :(

Social source share

well i just had another listen to the said tune....... ermmmm :lol::thumbup: . not my cup o tea, very poor song writing, mr powell probably fancied a pop at recording :yes: I paid a fiver for Brenda & the tabulations - a love you can depend on. which is better? I know what i prefer. Its personal choice i suppose.

as for the price it's commanding? blimey ! give me Al Williams, The Del larks, Larry Clinton or Eddie Parker any day of the week.

Social source share

Guest SteveJohnston

For what it's worth I have allways liked this track and if i had that amount of cash doing nothing there would be a best offer going in from me thats for sure!

Steve J

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert