Best Ns Tune To Dance To?

The answer to the above enquiry is Vel-Vets- I'm Gonna Find Me Somebody. Not matter how good,bad or indifferent my life is,or what state l am in

it never,ever fails to get me up...Whoo! :lol:

Social source share

• Replies 34
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Agree with Steve here, impossible to limit this to one, and also agree with The Charades - starts off like a feckin' train, love it.

Others are Willie Hutch - Can't fight the power, Gees - Love is a beautiful thing, Turley Richards - I feel alright & current favourite (again :rolleyes: ) Sonny Oceans - Pity me

good.gif

Social source share

Guest posstot

Hey Webby.....Not trying to be clever. Yet, what gets me up, is something that i wouldn't have heard either, in a long long time at a night. Like maybe;

Hesitations Push a little harder kapp

Sissie Houston Send him back congress

Paramounts Girls with the big black boots

Patti Austin You're too much a part of me Coral

OOOh and as a prime example, at the Hideaway a chap played You're too much, on Joe Douglas. Roger Washington. oooohhooohooo hooorrr!

But if i hear a big city belter that has that umph!! that i haven't even heard I'll be up.

Social source share

Guest posstot

Hey Webby.....Not trying to be clever. Yet, what gets me up, is something that i wouldn't have heard either, in a long long time at a night. Like maybe;

OOOh and as a prime example, at the Hideaway a chap played You're too much, on Joe Douglas. Roger Washington. oooohhooohooo hooorrr!

But if i hear a big city belter that has that umph!! that i haven't even heard I'll be up.

oooh, somebody has mentioned Turley Richards, now that one does do it for me, everytime!!:good:

Social source share

The answer to the above enquiry is Vel-Vets- I'm Gonna Find Me Somebody. Not matter how good,bad or indifferent my life is,or what state l am in

it never,ever fails to get me up...Whoo! thumbup.gif

The younghearts - A little togetherness

The impressions - You've been cheatin'

Social source share

Nice call Webby but i beg to differ cos this one epitomises the whole NORTHERN SOUL sound

Any others are just people's newer interpretations or to put it another way ,fave choons yes.gif

Social source share

Debbie-It would have to be my all time fav record THE ANTELLECTS-LOVE SLAVE, but only Ginger Taylor plays it, :thumbsup: so i dont get to dance to it often enough! :lol:

My other tracks that do get played would be WILSON PICKETT-LET ME BE YOUR BOY

BOBBY GARRETT-MY LITTLE GIRL

VELVET SATINS-NOTHING CAN COMPARE TO YOU

BILLY DAVIS-STANKY

And another track that only Ian P & Pete have played, THE DEADBEATS-NO SECOND CHANCE :lol:

Edited by soul-dancers
Social source share

Guest Mark Holmes

I Walked Away - Bobby Paris

I know the words, when to clap, and if I could spin, the right place to spin.

And it leaves me feeling like I just had 2 and a half minutes with Chesty Morgan thumbup.gif

Social source share

Wow , the Paramounts. I had that on a tape recording I did at Wigan in 74, and I went for years thinking it was called These Things I Do! As a result I never owned it.

Top class record, but the title probably stopped it getting the plays it deserved.

Cissie is far better than Dusty on Bring Him Back.

I'm the worst dancer on Soul Source, but for me, its the Wooden Nickels, the Vel Vets, Love Love Love and Frankie Beverley ITWYW!

More recent would be My Love Was Real.

Social source share

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Bernadette

mel britt, awesome classic dancerthumbsup.gif

russ

indeedy....also Linda Jones - Just can't live my life...just can't resist the lure of the dancefloor for either of these tunes thumbup.gif

Social source share

Guest daz fi the t

Chubby Checker The Twist and Let's Twist again quality lol

Regards a very bored, pissed off and fed up Mark Bicknell.

Hi Mark, I've got that tune - let's synchronise oor watches and play it at the same time tonight and Twist the night away over the UK -LOL!!! Also we can do the swim and the boogaloo - if you want too!

From an equally bored Daz - though have my all dayer to run tomorrow and watching Hibs v Celtic - what a day to look forward too!

Can names loads of tunes that make me want to get oot o ma seat and leave the room - lol!

Social source share

The Passions - If You See My Baby

The Adorables - Ooh Boy

The Springers - Nothings Too Good For My Baby

Marvin Gaye - When I Feel The Need

Justin Jones - Dance By Yourself

Parrakeets - I Want You Right Now

Barbara McNair - Baby A Go Go

VIPs - Strange Little Girl

Imperials - I'm Still Dancing

Johnny Mae Matthews - I Have No Choice

Johnny Mae Matthews - Itty Bitty Heart

Cookie Jackson - Try Love

Phonetics - Pretty Girl

Here's just a few that would always get me up on the dancefloor. biggrin.gif

Suz

x

Edited by suzannek
Social source share

Guest daz fi the t

got ti say vickie baines country girl parway was a stomping sound at clouds edinburgh and a luv it the intro is awesome.been in toilets at nighters and rushed oot not knowing pee stain on troosers ach well itl dry in the heat .also mr eddie parker iam gone what a belter awe the best fi scotland

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

60's black dance music by definition must have an up tempo beat.......that's why it's dance music......soooo

dewy black take love were l find it

melvin davis...lucille

john wesley love is a funny thing

billy sha rae....pitfall

lee garrett ......there ya go dance records

Social source share

George Blackwell - cant lose my head - As I am 51 I havnt a hope of dancing to the Triumphs - Im coming to your rescue so this is about the righ pace for me.

Another one would be 5 below zero- My babys got ESP and lastly the one I cannot get out of my head at the moment

The Nurons - All my life

Edited by Ernie Andrews
Social source share

Guest SteveJohnston

I'm up for the folwing:-

Salvadors "stick by me baby"

Mickie Champion "what good am i"

The Fidels "try a little harder"

Bobby Hebb "love love love"

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now