Michigan Move

Patto

I have a Golden Eye boot of the track Pyramid and on the flip is a fantastic Instrumental by The Phrenetics Band.The track is called the Michigan Move.I think this is an unissued track played at the Stafford nighters in the 80s,but i have never heard it played out anyware.Whats the score on this one does anyone know who the band are and does it exist on any other vinyl.Its a real shame that it doesn't get any plays it would be a stormer played out loud.Surely if its unissued it would be ok to play out from the golden eye release,or is it another one destined for the soul police cells

Social source share

• Replies 17
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I have a Golden Eye boot of the track Pyramid and on the flip is a fantastic Instrumental by The Phrenetics Band.The track is called the Michigan Move.I think this is an unissued track played at the Stafford nighters in the 80s,but i have never heard it played out anyware.Whats the score on this one does anyone know who the band are and does it exist on any other vinyl.Its a real shame that it doesn't get any plays it would be a stormer played out loud.Surely if its unissued it would be ok to play out from the golden eye release,or is it another one destined for the soul police cells

go for it - f**k the soul police:yes:

Social source share

Guest ScooterNik

Oddly this was played on the scooter rallies at the back end of the 80s when the Golden Eye boot was widely available. God knows why, but it emptied the floor everytime!

Social source share

If I remember rightly the track came from a studio tape with loads of different takes on it. Again if I remember rightly it was something to do with Washpan....could be thinkin' of summat else :lol:

Sourced from drummer extraordinaire George MacGregor if I remember correctly, along with one or two other niceties. George was involved with Washpan/Sidra.

Social source share

Sourced from drummer extraordinaire George MacGregor if I remember correctly, along with one or two other niceties. George was involved with Washpan/Sidra.

Was also told, dunno if it was Guy or not, that on tapes whilst trying to get the intro right that one of the band asks why we messing with this it's shite...or words to that effect.

Social source share

Was also told, dunno if it was Guy or not, that on tapes whilst trying to get the intro right that one of the band asks why we messing with this it's shite...or words to that effect.

From what I can remember, I think "chicken shit" was the phrase used.

Social source share

Yes think you're right Chalky & there's multiple cuts but they couldn't get the intro right, i think Guy got the intro cut off whengetting his "acetate" cut...

Think George MacGregor was the drummer on CODs She's Fire............. extraordinary indeed !

Social source share

Guest soul85

i remember hearing this first when keb darge played it many moons ago at the starlight club allnighter in leicester! their was a sudden rush of people to the floor, and absolutely rocked it! i think he actually gave the 45 away after playing it too so think it must be the goldeneye boot,never the less an absolute gem of a tune! i think id be happy to have it in goldeneye anwyaythumbsup.gif

Social source share

Guest ScooterNik

Well I like it, anyone got one for sale?

I'll dig mine out and see what condition its in if you're not having any luck. PM me what you think its worth to you.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert