Help

Help required please.. this is getting on my nerves..

I heard a song on Rock Radio this morning by The Rolling Stones - Under my Thumb (never heard that version before)

I was trying to tell a colleague that there was a northern soul version of this and can I remember who sang it?.. of course not.

Help please.

I still have this song going around my head 6 hours later. I actually prefered the Stones version. I wonder if there are any other n.s songs which sound better in a Rock stylee..

Jayne.x. (bored on a friday!)

Social source share

• Replies 39
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Matt Male

I heard a song on Rock Radio this morning by The Rolling Stones - Under my Thumb (never heard that version before)

I was trying to tell a colleague that there was a northern soul version of this and can I remember who sang it?.. of course not.

Help please.

Wayne Gibson

Social source share

Help please.

I still have this song going around my head 6 hours later. I actually prefered the Stones version. I wonder if there are any other n.s songs which sound better in a Rock stylee..

Wayne Gibson

Social source share

Help please.

Another two versions :)

Social source share

Guest kizzy2

Help please.

Think Del Shannon did one to

Social source share

Guest gfarrington

Help please.

let the good times roll --slade ?

Social source share

Help please.

Rock radio? are you in Gibraltar? whistling.gif

Social source share

Under My Thumb by The Rolling Stones (April 15, 1966)

Under My Thumb by The Who (July 1967)

Under My Thumb by Tina Turner (1975)

Under My Thumb by The Kingsmen (1980)

Under Their Thumb by The Boomtown Rats (December 1980)

Under My Thumb by Social Distortion (1982)

Under My Thumb by The Scabs (June 1990)

Under My Thumb by The Flamin' Groovies (1993)

Under My Thumb by Lucky Peterson (1997)

Under My Thumb by Innovations (March 24, 1998)

Under My Thumb by Eric Palmer, Mark Thornton and Joe Smith (August 1, 2000)

Under My Thumb by Meg Eisenberg (2003)

Under My Thumb by The String Quartet (March 18, 2003)

Under My Thumb by Anakelly (2005)

Under My Thumb by John Batdorf and James Lee Stanley (February 2005)

Under My Thumb by Ministry and Co-Conspirators (2008)

Social source share

Baaahhh, Baaaahhhhh.....Nice try at getting some advertising out for Bury Town Hall. Still trying to con the naive punters? Simple question..more replies to read the advert Baaahhhhaa, Baaahhhaaa!

Social source share

Not sure if it was the first version played on the scene, but at my first allnighter in about Sept 73 at Va Vas in Bolton, Richard played the Rolling Stones version off the Aftermath LP, several times. I then became a regular (Wigan etc) and Wayne Gibson was the biggie followed by April Silva(about which there was a pretty extensive topic not long ago).

Paul

Social source share

Baaahhh, Baaaahhhhh.....Nice try at getting some advertising out for Bury Town Hall. Still trying to con the naive punters? Simple question..more replies to read the advert Baaahhhhaa, Baaahhhaaa!

You are having a laugh!.

What on earth are you on about? I don't run Bury Town Hall anymore.

Still trying to con naive punters??... wtf! cheeky sod - I've never done that. I have my Bury anniversary badge as my avitar but certainly no advert for Bury Town Hall on there!.

If you really think I made my question up, get yourself on the rock radio 106.1 Manchester website and check out their playlist from this morning. (which I presume is on there) Somewhere around 10am you'll find the song in question on their playlist.

Jayne.

Social source share

Not sure if it was the first version played on the scene, but at my first allnighter in about Sept 73 at Va Vas in Bolton, Richard played the Rolling Stones version off the Aftermath LP, several times. I then became a regular (Wigan etc) and Wayne Gibson was the biggie followed by April Silva(about which there was a pretty extensive topic not long ago).

Paul

Can't imagine the Stones being played at a soul do. Would be interesting though..

Ta

Jayne.x

Social source share

Under My Thumb by The Rolling Stones (April 15, 1966)

Under My Thumb by The Who (July 1967)

Under My Thumb by Tina Turner (1975)

Under My Thumb by The Kingsmen (1980)

Under Their Thumb by The Boomtown Rats (December 1980)

Under My Thumb by Social Distortion (1982)

Under My Thumb by The Scabs (June 1990)

Under My Thumb by The Flamin' Groovies (1993)

Under My Thumb by Lucky Peterson (1997)

Under My Thumb by Innovations (March 24, 1998)

Under My Thumb by Eric Palmer, Mark Thornton and Joe Smith (August 1, 2000)

Under My Thumb by Meg Eisenberg (2003)

Under My Thumb by The String Quartet (March 18, 2003)

Under My Thumb by Anakelly (2005)

Under My Thumb by John Batdorf and James Lee Stanley (February 2005)

Under My Thumb by Ministry and Co-Conspirators (2008)

Hee Hee - that'll keep me outta trouble for a while. Thanks Ken.

Jayne.x

Social source share

Guest trickbag

am i missing something here,think your avitar has been here for some time

now,so cant see any advantage in promoting anything your not involved

with,move on ,so the animals, anyone.

ricky.

Social source share

am i missing something here,think your avitar has been here for some time

now,so cant see any advantage in promoting anything your not involved

with,move on ,so the animals, anyone.

ricky.

yep, agreed. I made the badge and I like it so it stays as my aviatar. rolleyes.gif

anyway, am still searching for an Animals version but nothing via google. Love the animals anyway so if anyone has a link

it would be appreciated.

lol - my mum's sat behind me and just said " haven't you got any other songs?" she looks most confused

with me playing different versions of the same song.biggrin.gif

Jayne.x.

Social source share

bob carolgees older brother

there's a candian 70s version its a melody with same old song

pap in a nice sort of you know its gonna be pap way

lol huh.gif ..sounds like it's gonna be bad for my ears.

Jayne.x

Social source share

what other versions are there? that's the 2nd Slade mention.. g.gif

Jayne.x

Someones pullin' your plonker :thumbsup: get down with it is same as L Richard nowt to do with thunbs

Social source share

post-13241-1248471700414_thumb.jpg :thumbsup: Heres my Demo that I got in Stoke and watched Major Lance, I think it cost £6 big money for the year? best version is by the WHO :lol: DAVE KILpost-13241-1248471700414_thumb.jpg

Left the who one,pretty naf for the who.

Edited by ken
Social source share

As mentioned a Jaggers/Richards written song, Stones version always was the best,

and is on the Decca album called "Aftermath", another track from the album was used for the intro

to 60's mod/pop show "Ready Steady Go" called "I just can't wait" While showing kids riding the "

Big Dipper" fair ride, oh happy days

Social source share

:boxing: Your standards must be high, this record is so the WHO, listen to that loon drumming its sh-ere class, the WHO could play tunes like UNDER MY THUMB all day long with basic instruments, off course its not soul? but as a beat group I amvery glad that I saw them live and the Kinks class bands that hit my soul?:ph34r: DAVE KIL

Social source share

:boxing: Your standards must be high, this record is so the WHO, listen to that loon drumming its sh-ere class, the WHO could play tunes like UNDER MY THUMB all day long with basic instruments, off course its not soul? but as a beat group I amvery glad that I saw them live and the Kinks class bands that hit my soul?:ph34r: DAVE KIL

Social source share

You are having a laugh!.

What on earth are you on about? I don't run Bury Town Hall anymore.

Still trying to con naive punters??... wtf! cheeky sod - I've never done that. I have my Bury anniversary badge as my avitar but certainly no advert for Bury Town Hall on there!.

If you really think I made my question up, get yourself on the rock radio 106.1 Manchester website and check out their playlist from this morning. (which I presume is on there) Somewhere around 10am you'll find the song in question on their playlist.

Jayne.

Hi Jayne

I thought wtf when I saw his post too. :ohmy:

Very harsh it was & completely uncalled for. You are a good honest decent person Jayne so dont let his silly post get to you.

Lets hope in the cold light of day he realises what a stupid statement he made or if he does have a grievance with something that may have happened in the past he does it by p.m where you will no doubt tell him to Fxck off (joke!!). No seriously you will no doubt be the amicable & understanding person you have always been & may be able to calm him down for whatever reason he has a bee in his bonnet over.

I went to Bury Town Hall on Fri for my little fix of modern & the new guys running it did a tremendous job for a first night (ooops I guess he may have a go at me for trying to promote a soul do that I have absolutely nothing to do with ).

Keep smiling Jayne

Al x

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert