Crazy Baby

Guest treggy

Guest treggy

Just sorting through a few old boxes and found this ,cant remember buying it ,any value ?

Atco 45-6379 ---------bside Bell Bottom Slacks

Thanks

Social source share

• Replies 16
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest treggy

Thanks to both of you

How do I find out if it is an original

Just come across Bobby Paris personally on Tetragramatton and The Poets She Blew A Good Thing on Symbol ,dont know if copies or not.

Does anybody know how to tell?

Thanks

Treggy

Social source share

Thanks to both of you

How do I find out if it is an original

Just come across Bobby Paris personally on Tetragramatton and The Poets She Blew A Good Thing on Symbol ,dont know if copies or not.

Does anybody know how to tell?

Thanks

Treggy

The Coasters is one of the most difficult to tell the boot from the original. Firstly, is it on styrene or vinyl? (Styrene is brittle with peelable label, vinyl is more flexible with moulded on label). Anything in the run off whatsoever? Also see if the run off is peppered with some little dots, i know those aren't on the original.

Poets on Symbol - 5 to 15 quid.

Bobby Paris even the original only 15 quid.

Social source share

Guest treggy

The Coasters is one of the most difficult to tell the boot from the original. Firstly, is it on styrene or vinyl? (Styrene is brittle with peelable label, vinyl is more flexible with moulded on label). Anything in the run off whatsoever? Also see if the run off is peppered with some little dots, i know those aren't on the original.

Poets on Symbol - 5 to 15 quid.

Bobby Paris even the original only 15 quid.

there are some dots and the number65L-9291-1 ,copy eh?

Treggy

Social source share

Hi ,

According to the JM Bible it was also pressed in styrene in 1965 (ATCO reissue 95372 scratched) original 58721.

If the dead wax on yours reads 65L it's deff not an original as it should be 65C.

Best

David

Edited by spook
Social source share

Guest SoulRenaissance

I'm pretty sure the originals were all vinyl weren't they? The reissues were certainly all styrene......

Ian D :D

There were pressings in vinyl too.

Social source share

they were booted on styrene & vinyl,

styrene one had a paper lable,

vinyl had a moulded lable ,

had both of these at one time , the vinyl one is a very good boot to be honest.

i have a white demo , number in run out is 65C-9290-1 with a small w

Social source share

• 11 months later...

I have a story about this record, but the upshot is i have a styrene copy with a peelable label, today i picked up vinyl copy,...but the tracks are reversed, ie the Crazy baby side has the b side label and vice versa, anyone else got one like this?..The story is for another time

Social source share

Hey up.

Mine's styrene, Monarch (MR) stamped with 'scratched' Monarch matrix 58721 and Atco matrix 65C-9290-21. Also has classic Atlantic AT scratched in with the LW mark aswell.

The styrene boot is a Monarch pressing with a matrix number far too high to be an original - 95372 - its great quality though .

Social source share

I have a story about this record, but the upshot is i have a styrene copy with a peelable label, today i picked up vinyl copy,...but the tracks are reversed, ie the Crazy baby side has the b side label and vice versa, anyone else got one like this?..The story is for another time

I've got the same copy with labels reversed, vinyl moulded over label. Although it looks Kosher I always assumed that it was a boot as the 'AT' was missing from run-out groove, but I may be wrong.

Hope this helps,

Dave

Social source share

I sold one to JM on a visit to his shop donkeys years ago. He volunteerd the info that it was an original (I couldn't tell) as it bore a certain stamp, which I'm pretty sure sure was AT. It was a good, solid vinyl copy, with the label curving smoothly to the dead wax.

edit: maybe the AT stamp was circled?

Edited by Alan Walls
Social source share

I've got the same copy with labels reversed, vinyl moulded over label. Although it looks Kosher I always assumed that it was a boot as the 'AT' was missing from run-out groove, but I may be wrong.

Hope this helps,

Dave

Thanks for that Dave it looks like at least two of us have a reversed copy, I thought it was a boot as well, as i have peelable label copy, as i understand it a boot also...the reason i now have this (my third) copy is i "lost" a moulded copy whilst DJing, i found the peelable in its place in my box....mates ha?

Edited by Nocker
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert