Lee Shot On Tchula

NEV

Hi all

I have the LEE SHOT WILLIAMS on P M ,"IT AIN'T ME NO MORE "

But can anyone tell me the deal with the LEE SHOT on Tchula ??......is it same cut ,totally different ,re-issue or what???

Thanx in advancethumbsup.gif

Social source share

• Replies 13
  • Views 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

It's a slightly different recording, the PM release also came out on United Artists, but the Tchula was a few years later.

Try a search on the forum as it's definately been discussed before, in more detail.

Thanx John

Using the search option on here at the mo is easier said than donesad.gif

Maybe when Mike finishes the latest version of soulsource i'll give it a goyes.gif

Social source share

Guest lotusland

funny i just came to soul-source now to find if there is any musical difference between the PM and UA issues (72 version)? Seems like there isn't, at least the vocal is the same. Maybe a slight remix, but the same backing track.

I can tell you this, the TCHULA and MT are both different and later versions (late 70s early 80s). Different from the PM/UA version (much later) and also different from each other. IMO the TCHULA is the much better of the 2 later versions.

cutting 3 different versions of the same tune and releasing them on 4 different labels ?? must've been convinced they were gonna have a hit eventually with this one..

Social source share

funny i just came to soul-source now to find if there is any musical difference between the PM and UA issues (72 version)? Seems like there isn't, at least the vocal is the same. Maybe a slight remix, but the same backing track.

I can tell you this, the TCHULA and MT are both different and later versions (late 70s early 80s). Different from the PM/UA version (much later) and also different from each other. IMO the TCHULA is the much better of the 2 later versions.

cutting 3 different versions of the same tune and releasing them on 4 different labels ?? must've been convinced they were gonna have a hit eventually with this one..

If you say the TCHULA is better than the MT then i'd b happy .

I like the MT version so might invest in a Tchula thumbsup.gif

Then again what is better ??? if you like 70's and not 80's or vice versa :chinstroke:

You got any sounds please?? MT/ TCHULA

Social source share

Guest lotusland

no sorry, they are both cheap though. Tchula sounds about 1980 to me, MT a bit later. should be 10gbp records tops. the earlier 70s versions are a bit more (30-40gbp).

Social source share

PM and UA are the same.

I think Tchula and MT are different, and they are definitely different than PM and UA, and I think there's one more label that I'm not thinking of also but someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Social source share

Bob - Are you thinking of that European release of it on Gifer?

I seem to think it's the UA / PM recording - released in Belgium or Holland

It's titled "It ain't me" so I think it's that recording, there is more info on here somewhere (as I said earlier - if you can find it!)

I've got a copy of the label scan, but there's no point trying to upload it just now, while the site is as it is

Social source share

Bob - Are you thinking of that European release of it on Gifer?

I seem to think it's the UA / PM recording - released in Belgium or Holland

It's titled "It ain't me" so I think it's that recording, there is more info on here somewhere (as I said earlier - if you can find it!)

I've got a copy of the label scan, but there's no point trying to upload it just now, while the site is as it is

i was probably thinking of the gifer, if no one comes forward saying that there is no other label besides the PM/UA/MT/Tchula, then that's probably it, thanks.

Social source share

Guest lotusland

The Tchula release has a really nice vibe to it......have always liked it ever since first buying it in 82. Miles better than the earlier versions for my money....Steve

agree that it has a great vibe. Early one is great too and almost exactly the same arrangement (tempo/horns) as guitar ray

Social source share

agree that it has a great vibe. Early one is great too and almost exactly the same arrangement (tempo/horns) as guitar ray

Thanks to all of you for the interest this has generated,which inturn has provided a good review of all copies.

Sufice to say i picked up a Tchula for $8 on ebay t'other night .....and in return ,when it arrives i'll give my verdict yes.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert