Better Than The Original?

• Replies 18
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest bazabod_downunder

Usually not.....& in this case it doesn't matter cos it was crap anyway by Patrick Hernadez....lol...disco dross for the moronic mases.

KTF

Baz

Better than the original?

You tell me

You have to let this one run for a bit as there is some excellent Northernsoul type dancing later on in the video.

The question is, "Can a cover be better than the original"?

https://www.youtube.c...h?v=P-vhOx4BpC0

Social source share

Have to disagree with you here Baz, Born to be alive was a top dancer and still is, the 100 Club is possibly the only place that still regularly plays the original.

Have to agree with you there. This was massive for Richard at Wigan where he had it covered up for at least two years and was only forced to uncover it after Andy Rix inadvertently tuned into the DLT show after contacting Eddie Singleton who knew nothing about the record.

ROD

Edited by modernsoulsucks
Social source share

Have to agree with you there. This was massive for Richard at Wigan where he had it covered up for at least two years and was only forced to uncover it after Andy Rix inadvertently tuned into the DLT show after contacting Eddie Singleton who knew nothing about the record.

ROD

Richard had it covered as Freddie Chavez if I remember correctly........

Ian D biggrin.gif

Social source share

Richard had it covered as Freddie Chavez if I remember correctly........

Ian D biggrin.gif

No he had it on Venezuelan Stateside and covered as Hugo Chavez "It is an imperialist government, one that says it fights against terrorism but protects it. The U.S. throws stones to Latin America,".

Easy to get Hugo and Freddie confused though.

ROD

Social source share

No he had it on Venezuelan Stateside and covered as Hugo Chavez "It is an imperialist government, one that says it fights against terrorism but protects it. The U.S. throws stones to Latin America,".

Easy to get Hugo and Freddie confused though.

ROD

Damn, you're right Rod. Of course it was Hugo.......the first of the Venezuelan cover-ups though wasn't it......?

Ian D biggrin.gif

Social source share

Guest bazabod_downunder

That I can possibly believe...lol

KTF

Baz

Have to disagree with you here Baz, Born to be alive was a top dancer and still is, the 100 Club is possibly the only place that still regularly plays the original.

Social source share

Guest bazabod_downunder

No, it was a 10 inch, picture disc with a scratch & sniff cover, unfortunately it was withdrawn as the cover smelt too much like the content within...as the old saying goes 'If it looks like shit, tastes like shit, smells like shit, it's usually shit' applies.

KTF

Baz

"Born to Be Alive" was released on both 7 and 12 inch but there are rumors that a 14 inch deep pan version by Doug Parkinson was released in Austria?

Social source share

Guest ritchie

Damn, you're right Rod. Of course it was Hugo.......the first of the Venezuelan cover-ups though wasn't it......?

Ian D biggrin.gif

Caracas up over view.. was I believe ,the first of the Venezuelan cover-ups .

A little out of step these days..

But Oh how they set the scene alight back in July 1811

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert