Embers - Watch Out Girl

• Replies 17
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I thought we'd done this and there is no black issue as it was released after label design changed. Blue regulars are original as far as I know.

ROD

This is what I thought! I have never heard of a black issue of this record, only the blue swirl design.

The yellow demo is a different design as well, as it does not have the DJ Cat holding the record.

Think the record came out about 1970.

Social source share

This is what I thought! I have never heard of a black issue of this record, only the blue swirl design.

The yellow demo is a different design as well, as it does not have the DJ Cat holding the record.

Think the record came out about 1970.

You're right on both counts - the lion and the 45 rpm is missing on the left hand side.

I never saw an issue of this til around 2000 - I've had 4 since - it is very rare though.

Social source share

You're right on both counts - the lion and the 45 rpm is missing on the left hand side.

I never saw an issue of this til around 2000 - I've had 4 since - it is very rare though.

I was very lucky whilst living in Va Beach, i found three issues, all together...........initially i left em behind as i had a mental block & thinking they were reissues, soon as i got home realised my gaff & went back the next day & bought all three for less than $10...........found Darrell Banks ITOWLY in the same store, but OMG what a horrible traul, i swear they were in the middle of thousands of 8ts chart records...........nearly called it a day several times, but struggled on......just goes to show you. Sold all three, as its a record that was more of its time to me personally...........

Russ

Social source share

its not 60`s either . it came out around sept 1970 over a year after the black issue finished yes.gif

dave

24TH JULY SOUL GALORE CROFTON WITH GUESTS PINCHES TWINS

16TH AUG SUNDAY CHILL OUT HORSE & GROOM DONCASTER 12 TO 7 PM ISH

OK - so we're agreed that this blue and bronze swirl thing is a 7ts reissue - but is it worth anything?

Social source share

OK - so we're agreed that this blue and bronze swirl thing is a 7ts reissue - but is it worth anything?

NO!!! It's original. Have a look at this design in link. If Embers looks like that it's real

https://cgi.ebay.com/VERY-RARE-Northern-The-FORMATIONS-on-MGM-LISTEN_W0QQitemZ180382634995QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMusic_on_Vinyl?hash=item29ffa493f3&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

ROD

Social source share

NOT A RE ISSUE sleep3.gif THERE IS NO BLACK ISSUE. YOU MOSTLY SEE YELLOW DEMOS OF THIS, LIKE THE SOULFUL SEVEN RECORD, I'VE GOT A FEELING FROM THE SAME TIME, BLUE LABEL WITH YELLOW SWIRL, JUST LIKE ALL THOSE OSMONDS RECORDS :thumbsup:

BRI PINCH.

Edited by bri pinch
Social source share

Guest SteveJohnston

OK - Thanks. Yes, that's what it looks like. What's a good price?

John Manship 5th edition says £350 M. The good price bit depends if your buying or selling :ph34r:

Social source share

Guest SteveJohnston

IF YOU'RE SELLIN' THINK YOU'LL BE LUCKY TO REALISE MANSHIP BOOK PRICE, EVEN FOR AN ISSUE. PERSONALLY RATE IT ABOUT 200 QUID, DEMO £125.

BRI PINCH.

Bri i agree with your value on this, but like John points out at ever opportunity and rightly so the book is a guide only and reflect the price he as sold the records for, There are many records in the book that are over the top on price a lot are under also.

Steve J

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert