And

Supremes - standing at the crossroads of love - Motown -

Edited by ken
Social source share

BOTH!! Supremes-Love ls Like An ltching ln My Heart

Solo-Remember Me

Bloody hell just read the thread properly,

I was going to say the penalty shot at the world cup in Americaland,

Song wise I did like the "Itching",But for a good laugh you can't beat the video for"Work that body"

And a reeeeech twwoooo threee fower,

Sounds like those seventies wrestling referees we talked about not long ago.

Grant

Social source share

Thank you Ken for once being sensible!! :lol:

P.S.That comment has made you slip out of my 'Top 5 Wittiest Posters Thread' but l'm sure that track was well worth the effort!! :thumbup:

:lol:

Yeh deffo worth it Webbydublin,as good as any n/soul track i have ever heard,storming soul and the other sounds cool out.

Social source share

This;

Supremes - my heart stood still - Motown uk lp -

And

Supremes - standing at the crossroads of love - Motown -

Supremes - stormy - Motown cd -

Edited by ken
Social source share

Stormy

and

Remember Me - That's one of my funeral tunes that is. Except as I may have mentioned before, I don't want to be remembered as a big balloon... no.gif

I'm relying on you Ken & Webby to fast forward the tape at that bit laugh.gif

Im with you on Stormy Theresa !!

Jesse Davis almost had me in tears when he sang it a Cleethorpes.

Thanks Ken for posting the clip (sorry I still dont know how to multiquote!). Right Im gonna go listen to it again & cry some more xx

Social source share

this will be the day

he's my sunny boy

Went to do a post and saw you'd put in my first 2 faves! Gives me the excuse to name a few more I think! 'He's my sunny boy' gorgeous Detroit record, 'This will be the day' a true quality track....

Those 2 and 'You've been wonderful to me' is a lovely dancer. Also a nice version of PAT LEWIS 'I can't shake it loose' on the 'love Child' album which is one of the All-time great 60s Soul LP Covers...

'Nothing but heartaches' is a magnficent stomper and 'Back in my arms' - Just a sucker for that ' And Flo she dont know, coz the boy she loves is a romeo!!!' line....

Social source share

BOTH!! Supremes-Love ls Like An ltching ln My Heart

Solo-Remember Me

" I'm still Waiting " ........ for something pleasing to my ears .

My apologies to her fans , but I have never liked the woman's screeching on any of The Supremes or her solo recordings .

In respect of The Supremes , Florence Ballard was the one with the voice and talent .

Malc Burton

Social source share

Automatically Sunshine

Brilliant Intro then:

"Oooh Baby Let's Take Life's Highway, Its Automatically Yours And My Way"

Puts the hairs on the back of my neck up.

One of Smokey's greatest moments really whistling.gif

ohmy.gif I thought that Diana Ross had left the group when Automatically Sunshine was recorded in 1972 and that Mary Wilson sang the line "Ooh baby lets take lifes highway...." and that Jean Terrell was the lead singer in the Supremes by that point. g.gif

Suz

x

Social source share

Guest dundeedavie

ohmy.gif I thought that Diana Ross had left the group when Automatically Sunshine was recorded in 1972 and that Mary Wilson sang the line "Ooh baby lets take lifes highway...." and that Jean Terrell was the lead singer in the Supremes by that point. g.gif

Suz

x

thats what i thought but i didn't know if it was a sarcastic post ie her best cos she never sang on it

Social source share

Great to see "Sunny Boy" get a mention. I remember flipping it when "Someday We'll Be Together" came out (69?) and loved it ever since.

An old mate of mine wasn't as impressed and used to say it sounded like Noddy in Tamla Motown! :thumbup:

Must admit, I absolutely LOVE her vocal on "I'll Try Something New" - from 45 seconds in, she sounds bloody gorgeous!

And always had a real soft spot for "I'm Livin' In Shame" - back then I believed every word of it! A great song for the girl.

"Forever Came Today" is also a seminal piece. Gentle, tender and superbly original.

But top Ms Ross tune for me, has always been her breathy performance on "You've Been So Wonderful To Me" - A Motown Fingersnapper of the highest order!

thumbsup.gif

Sean

Social source share

Guest WPaulVanDyk

sadly my only fav song by her as a solo artist is Chain Reaction, others i know i find average but with the supremes

Everything Is Good About You

He's All I Got and The Happening

Social source share

Guest bobby's girl

Stormy

Reflections

Someday we'll be together

and the very schmaltzy... 'Missing You'. (I'll get me coat...)

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert