'soul People' Sunday 12Th July - Download It Now

Solar Radio

Soul People

THIS Sunday 12th July

10am - Midday

This Sunday Barry Maleady & Steve Plumb will be guesting on Solar Radio's 'Soul People'

Sean O'Connor will be our guest presenter too!

We will be doing the program in the style of the seven 'Orwell Specials' which we did for Shaun Robbins in 2008 for his 'Sunday Soul Selection' shows on Solar Radio!

Solar Radio can be found on

www.solarradio.com OR on the Sky Channel 0129 and the show runs from 10 a.m. til Midday (GMT). If you're having a Sunday lie in, why not Sky+ it and listen to it later as it promises to be a cracker!!

Cheers

Steve

Edited by Steve Plumb
Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Soul People - Solar Radio

North West/Orwell Special

Sunday 12th July 10am-Midday

Steve Plumb & Barry Maleady with

Guest presenter - Sean O'Connor

Hour 1

Bill - Space lady

Al Wilson - 50/50

Bobby Sheen - Too many to fight (New 45 Release)

Truth Incs - If I had a love (New 45 Release)

Bobby Cutchins - Leaving

Spyder Turner - I've been waiting

Ronnie McNeir - Baby I know (CD remix)

Deon Jackson - I can't go on (UK 45 version)

Baby Washington - Don't let me lose this dream

Artistics - She's heaven

Paul Burton - It's so very hard to make it (Part 1)

Shirley Alston - Can't stop singin'

Lawrence Hilton Jacobs - Fly away to my wonderland

Blue Notes - We can make it

Chris Bartley - Sugar baby

Hour 2

Mildred Clarke - Keep smilin'

Honey Comb - IF I can't fly

Dramatics - I cried (all the way home)

Lee Fields - Mighty mighty love

Lee Fields - The only one loving you (New CD Release)

Talking Book feat Sam Salter - Your soul baby (Recent CD Release)

Bill Spoon - I'm the one who loves you

Willie Hutch - Let's talk it over

Tiny Watkins - Run run run

Sir Charles Hughes - You say you're leaving

Johnny Bristol - I wouldn't change a thing

Don & Debbi - I can be happy

Janet Lawson - Dindi

Isley Brothers - Who's that lady (1963 version)

Download it here https://SoulPeople12Jul09.notlong.com

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

Soul People - Solar Radio

North West/Orwell Special

Sunday 12th July 10am-Midday

Steve Plumb & Barry Maleady with

Guest presenter - Sean O'Connor

Hour 1

Bill - Space lady

Al Wilson - 50/50

Bobby Sheen - Too many to fight (New 45 Release)

Truth Incs - If I had a love (New 45 Release)

Bobby Cutchins - Leaving

Spyder Turner - I've been waiting

Ronnie McNeir - Baby I know (CD remix)

Deon Jackson - I can't go on (UK 45 version)

Baby Washington - Don't let me lose this dream

Artistics - She's heaven

Paul Burton - It's so very hard to make it (Part 1)

Shirley Alston - Can't stop singin'

Lawrence Hilton Jacobs - Fly away to my wonderland

Blue Notes - We can make it

Chris Bartley - Sugar baby

Hour 2

Mildred Clarke - Keep smilin'

Honey Comb - IF I can't fly

Dramatics - I cried (all the way home)

Lee Fields - Mighty mighty love

Lee Fields - The only one loving you (New CD Release)

Talking Book feat Sam Salter - Your soul baby (Recent CD Release)

Bill Spoon - I'm the one who loves you

Willie Hutch - Let's talk it over

Tiny Watkins - Run run run

Sir Charles Hughes - You say you're leaving

Johnny Bristol - I wouldn't change a thing

Don & Debbi - I can be happy

Janet Lawson - Dindi

Isley Brothers - Who's that lady (1963 version)

Download it here https://SoulPeople12Jul09.notlong.com

Cheers

Steve

Steve

Fantastic selection of music !!

The other Orwell shows that you did on Solar over the past couple of years, exposed me to so much wonderful new music....same again with this show....tons of superb music completely new to my ears !!

Would love to burn the show onto a couple of CD`s to listen to in the car over next week or so....is there anyway to split the download into two parts ?

Cheers

Billy

Social source share

Nice one Steve!

I went and Sky plussed it just to be sure, but when I played it back it was a bad recording, kept on breaking up and missing bits:angry:

So this is most welcome:thumbup:

By the way, what's that about an alternative version of "If I can't fly"?

PS - on my copy of Mildred Clark the track is called "Keep trying" - Don't say this is an alternative version too!:wink:

Social source share

Nice one Steve!

I went and Sky plussed it just to be sure, but when I played it back it was a bad recording, kept on breaking up and missing bitsangry.gif

So this is most welcomethumbup.gif

By the way, what's that about an alternative version of "If I can't fly"?

PS - on my copy of Mildred Clark the track is called "Keep trying" - Don't say this is an alternative version too!wink.gif

Hiya John

Yeah, we're all gonna be f**ked when we're all digital cos a bit of bad weather and the fookin satellite goes off!

Sorry bout the typo on Mildred...........of course it's 'Keep trying' tongue.gif

'If i can't fly'.....................yeah the story is this - there are two different versions on Hot Wax with the same release number (#7301) BUT one has the group name down incorrectly as 'Honey Comb' and the other has the correct spelling of 'Honey Cone'

The Honey Comb is definitely different to the Honey Cone version?

Both are flipping fantastic dancers BUT 'Honey Comb' sounds like an earlier 'earthier' mix than the Honey Cone 'smoother early 70's' mix! And to make sure my anorak fits snuggly, the master matrix for each version is different in the run out groove! The B side is the same on both 45's (and that's a brill dancer too, very much in the 'Love Factory' bag!)

Don't think there's any different in price as they are both approx £20 45's. Maybe 60's fans might prefer the Honey Comb version and 70's/Modern fans might prefer the Honey Cone version? Me, I like them both! The reason i know this is that I came across a few copies and noticed the different names and took it from there? Not sure if it's been noticed before but take it from me, it's true!

See you soon John, off to dry clean me anorak now whistling.gif

cheers

Steve

Social source share

Steve

Fantastic selection of music !!

The other Orwell shows that you did on Solar over the past couple of years, exposed me to so much wonderful new music....same again with this show....tons of superb music completely new to my ears !!

Would love to burn the show onto a couple of CD`s to listen to in the car over next week or so....is there anyway to split the download into two parts ?

Cheers

Billy

Hi Billy

Thanks for the compliments thumbsup.gif

Our friend Zane from Bonny Scotland handles the weekly downloads so I can't help you there.

Why not get a free MP3 editing software like Audacity? You can easily split it up into 2 x 60 minutes shows then and burn each one to CD?

If all that fails, please drop me a PM and I'll do it for you - please PM me your address.

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

Hiya John

Yeah, we're all gonna be f**ked when we're all digital cos a bit of bad weather and the fookin satellite goes off!

Sorry bout the typo on Mildred...........of course it's 'Keep trying' tongue.gif

'If i can't fly'.....................yeah the story is this - there are two different versions on Hot Wax with the same release number (#7301) BUT one has the group name down incorrectly as 'Honey Comb' and the other has the correct spelling of 'Honey Cone'

The Honey Comb is definitely different to the Honey Cone version?

Both are flipping fantastic dancers BUT 'Honey Comb' sounds like an earlier 'earthier' mix than the Honey Cone 'smoother early 70's' mix! And to make sure my anorak fits snuggly, the master matrix for each version is different in the run out groove! The B side is the same on both 45's (and that's a brill dancer too, very much in the 'Love Factory' bag!)

Don't think there's any different in price as they are both approx £20 45's. Maybe 60's fans might prefer the Honey Comb version and 70's/Modern fans might prefer the Honey Cone version? Me, I like them both! The reason i know this is that I came across a few copies and noticed the different names and took it from there? Not sure if it's been noticed before but take it from me, it's true!

See you soon John, off to dry clean me anorak now whistling.gif

cheers

Steve

Cheers Steve - so the Honey 'Comb' is definate eh - it's the first time I was aware of it, but I must admit I did think it sounded a little different to my copy.

Odd though not having been spotted before, as a typo on the label could (and does) happen, but when you combine it with a different matrix no and recording mix - you would have though some other 'anorak'... sorry, 'collector' would have picked up on it before now!

I best go and check my spare copy before I flog it ehbiggrin.gif

Yes, agreed the flip side is nice too! - "Women can't live by bread alone" isn't it...

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert