• Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Oh well not to worry, only been waiting 2 and half years for a reply :thumbup:

Pat

Classic release is deemed rarer, and was only issued in Mono by the way..

Check Ebay as a small batch of both releases has turned up from one seller, I will check as I just bought the Classic release last month..Pearce release is rare on issue I think, you see a fair amount of White Demo's but orange issues dont come up allot, given this recent find I'd go with the classic as rarer, especially as I've never seen a Classic demo????

anybody?

Mal.C. :g:

Social source share

Here's an interesting scan on this thread, Looks very like the Classic release, same orange circle on a yellow label, logo in the same place and in the same type face, but says Pearce??

so this is in fact a mix of the two label releases...notice the address is somewhat the same also..

Anybody?

Mal huh.gif

post-2025-1231973622_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mal.C.
Social source share

Here's an interesting scan on this thread, Looks very like the Classic release, same orange circle on a yellow label, logo in the same place and in the same type face, but says Pearce??

so this is in fact a mix of the two label releases...notice the address is somewhat the same also..

Anybody?

Mal huh.gif

Nice one . . . . . . now where's my anorak?

So, perhaps the label simply changed names around the time of the Classmen's release? Some came out during the transition on the old name, Classic, and others on Pearce.

I always thought that Classic was the 'local' label, with Pearce being more of a 'National' label who released it under licence. Hmmm?

Social source share

Nice one . . . . . . now where's my anorak?

So, perhaps the label simply changed names around the time of the Classmen's release? Some came out during the transition on the old name, Classic, and others on Pearce.

I always thought that Classic was the 'local' label, with Pearce being more of a 'National' label who released it under licence. Hmmm?

I think its very Probably the same people who owned both labels... they just thought lets get into the Music business proper and release Nationally..

Anybody ever seen a discog on this label?

M

Social source share

thats interesting...my Pearce DJ has an earlier number..5818.... :D are they all like this or was it issued three times on Pearce?

It was issued two times on PEARCE with different b-sides and at least 3 different designs, then it appeared on CLASSIC as well with the "second" PEARCE b-side.

As far as I know the PEARCE 5818 is the first release and the one on CLASSIC is the last release.

Have a look:

PEARCE 5818 - Classmen - Doin' Me Right / The Things We Did Last Summer

PEARCE 5823 - Classmen - Doin' Me Right / Graduation Goodby

CLASSIC 5823 - Classmen - Doin' Me Right / Graduation Goodbye

Looks like the label changed name from PEARCE to CLASSIC and kept the same catalogue number for the 5823 release.

Edited by Sebastian
Social source share

It was issued two times on PEARCE with different b-sides and at least 3 different designs, then it appeared on CLASSIC as well with the "second" PEARCE b-side.

As far as I know the PEARCE 5818 is the first release and the one on CLASSIC is the last release.

Have a look:

PEARCE 5818 - Classmen - Doin' Me Right / The Things We Did Last Summer

PEARCE 5823 - Classmen - Doin' Me Right / Graduation Goodby

CLASSIC 5823 - Classmen - Doin' Me Right / Graduation Goodbye

Looks like the label changed name from PEARCE to CLASSIC and kept the same catalogue number for the 5823 release.

great info Seb.....to go back to the orig question...is there a perceived price differential :D
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert