The Rarest Known Micheal Jackson On Vinal? Please Read

boxing.gif Hi now how about this MEGA RARE ITEM?. THAT i picked up at a car boot sale at Dudley ZOO, way back.good.gif It,s a copy of a Micheal Jackson 12inch record that has an amazing history to it, it is perhaps one of the rearrest UK vinyl record with a soul connection , it,s on EPIC and simply titled MICHEAL JACKSON..PROMOTION COPY NOT FOR SALE..XPR 1242..conplation by Disco Mix Club (DMC)..It is without doubt the worlds finest Disco mix of all time. and the history of its existence is wrapped up in mystery? When I first played it I knew it could never be improved on it is that good. the reason of it being on vinyl is such a fascinating story in it,s self as the as the producer of it ALLEN COULTHARD and as such he is responsible for the MEGAMIX. 500 DJ received a copy of the MIX on tape cassette from SONY, After a few weeks the impact and feedback about the tape was immense and as such and the demand for the up and coming Album THRILLER, was to much for the promotion team at epic to ignore as such there P & R man Ronnie Fisher, called the PRODUCER Alan Coulthard to get the MIX put on vinyl, Sill under the DMC magazine promotions, and a quantity of 12inch's were made how many I personally do not no, at a guess I would of assumed 150 copies?... On taking delivery of the records from the pressing plant, the Promotion team had already been informed that Micheal Jackson had not sanctioned the REMIX of the material on the tape and stopped the vinyl 12inch promotion dead and as such they were removed from the head office in London and destroyed, even though RONNIE had pleaded with his Managing Director Maurice OBERSTINE that this was the best promotion of the THRILLAR Album that could ever be done MO said his directive was from CBS and as such they had to be destroyed immediately and were removed there and then. so how come a few years later did I find my copy, sadly RONNIE is no longer with us to say, but the Producer ALAN COULTHARD has disclosed that he took 4 copies of the security man with out him knowing as they left the building to be destroyed. As such a glance at the label and the titles will tell you what a great compilation that is on the historic price of vinyl, even if you tried to follow the records yourself and do your own mix as I once did sounds great, however as I say this 12inch is the MEGAMIX of all time and is about 25 minutes long, if you are a DJ and played it now I guarantee you would pack the dance floor for the whole 25 minutes if I knew how to do sound clips I would let you all have a copy of it.king.gif My last comment on it is quite simple MICHEAL JACKSON has been around in many shapes a guises, from the Wheel days when the Jackson 5 bought out "I WANT YOU BACK" till the day he died I have never heard of any one not likening his music far from the rare soul scene he may of been but as a person who roots were made at MOTOWN there's no denying his talent?

IF ANY ONE HAS MORE INFORMATION ON THIS VINAL MASTER PEICE OR CAN PUT SOME KIND OF VALUATION ON IT I WOULD BE MOST GREATFUL, THE RECORD IS VG+ BUT NO HISS OR POPS& CLICKE PLAYS GREATph34r.gif DAVE KILpost-13241-12461274787114_thumb.jpgpost-13241-12461275281809_thumb.jpg

post-13241-12461274787114_thumb.jpg

post-13241-12461275281809_thumb.jpg

Edited by dthedrug
Social source share

• Replies 50
  • Views 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

IF ANY ONE HAS MORE INFORMATION ON THIS VINAL MASTER PEICE OR CAN PUT SOME KIND OF VALUATION ON IT I WOULD BE MOST GREATFUL

Indeed seems to be very rare, but a copy sold for £10.70 on eBay about 2 months ago:

https://cgi.ebay.com.sg/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370182683983

Probably would've gone higher if the item description had incorporated some of the stuff you wrote above.

Social source share

Can you tell me if you have heard Michael Washinton-Stay mine on ...I think Capcity(yellow) this could a very young MICHAEL JACKSON, its a very powerful beat and a good dancer,but the lyrics let it down a bit

can,t put a clip up as I don,t own the record anymore,or have a recording of it..................any info would be appreciated Gigs-Chesterfield p.s. anyone heard this or of it?

Social source share

Can you tell me if you have heard Michael Washinton-Stay mine on ...I think Capcity(yellow) this could a very young MICHAEL JACKSON, its a very powerful beat and a good dancer,but the lyrics let it down a bit

can,t put a clip up as I don,t own the record anymore,or have a recording of it..................any info would be appreciated Gigs-Chesterfield p.s. anyone heard this or of it?

Michael Washington on Capcity is 100% *NOT* Michael Jackson

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

Played it out a couple of times. Nice record, but not Micheal Jackson.

There might be some info on the DCSoul site https://www.dcsoulrecordings.com/index.php

Micheal Washington - Stay Mine (Capcity) -

Social source share

Indeed seems to be very rare, but a copy sold for £10.70 on eBay about 2 months ago:

https://cgi.ebay.com....em=370182683983

Probably would've gone higher if the item description had incorporated some of the stuff you wrote above.

:boxing: Cheers for that. there is no getting away from the issue that as we are a collective breed of soul purists that and I am speaking from a personal point of view MOCHEAL JACKSON Has little to offer us in the case of rare soul? but as a collector of soul I have always picked up what I consider as unusual bits and pieces from car boot sales this 12 inch record cost 50P and in the same box I got a mint "guns of Navarone-VA on Trojan MINT", When as most of us checked the value of items that we don't know love it or loath it, it was not in any record guide and when the Record Collector Price Guide fist came out they did not mention it and all these years later it is still not in there? that's because as I have mentioned because it is not meant to exist? however you can all see it does. it has taken me 20+ years to come up with the info that I talk about in the article. as for the EBAY sale it makes sense as Micheal Jackson has not the reputation that he did have when this item was made, and as such without the history that my research has uncovered I bet the buyer does not know what he has? why not contact him/her as they may still have it. also as I have said my info accounts for 4 copies there may of course be more?:chinstroke: To conclude as a UK collector of soul I was surprised at how much Micheal Jackson/Jackson 5 records that I have :- all the TAMLA MOTOWN singles on DEMOS & EPIC on DEMOS + a Red vinyl set and 2 complete sets of 7inch singles picture discs in there plastic wallets? and apart from "I WANT YOU BACK" they don't really belong in my collection of rare UK soul or do they? Since the man sold his copy on EBAY last night I trawled through the US EBAY site and already any Micheal Jackson record is there, as collectors we may be perhaps interested in the STEALTOWN records but I have had the in the past and they are not very good.

PLEASE IF ANY COLLECTOR HAS MORE INFO ON THIS RECORD I WOULD BE INTERESTED, AND I DO BELIEVE SUCH ITEMS LIKE THIS BELONG IN THE HANDS OF REAL COLLECTORS NOT DEALLERS ON THAT POINT I HOPE YOU ALL AGREE! don't forget I asked for help about how to make a down load copy? i have purchased a turn table from a well known IT store but as a luddite it is still to much for me to follow the technology long gone are the days I could play a record and tape it? any help I would gratefully appreciate.:ph34r: DAVE THE DRUG

Social source share

Dave I have no idea about the value of that record but I can point you in the direction of some people who would definitely be able to tell you about it, if you want me to..

Surprisingly I have circa 20 mint U.S. and U.K. promos on MJ and The Jacksons which I'm about to stick up as a collection, so wouldn't mind a pointer towards some MJ experts myself......

Also, even better I stumbled into a 31 album collection of rare Hendrix t'other week - all his 60's albums (on London, Track & Polydor) plus some rare imports, German box-set, the "Rainbow Bridge" soundtrack and an acetate for which I can't find any info but it's of a live set which doesn't appear to be available anywhere, even on Bootleg so do you know any Hendrix experts Pete........?

Cheers!

Ian D biggrin.gif

Social source share

hi,

not on vinyl i know but didn't someone sell a rare early steel -tape audition / demo by the jackson 5 a while back on ebay ?

went for a few thousand £££s,

i bet they wish they'd kept it till now, it would probably go for ten times as much if not more,

joe,

ps, it might have been ady pierce who sold it ( but don't quote me on it )

Social source share

hi,

not on vinyl i know but didn't someone sell a rare early steel -tape audition / demo by the jackson 5 a while back on ebay ?

went for a few thousand £££s,

i bet they wish they'd kept it till now, it would probably go for ten times as much if not more,

joe,

ps, it might have been ady pierce who sold it ( but don't quote me on it )

the acetate was sold as an unreleased track by the jackson five, even though it was not the jackson five, it was the magical connection who are exactly the same group as the next movement. it's in popsike. the a-side of the acetate "girl why you want to take my heart" was released on solar sun records as by the magical connection. They talk about what the unreleased b-side "jackson man" is about (it has nothing to do with michael jackson) in my interview with them.

Social source share

big boy was never released on a green steeltown label as far as I know, was it?

I've never seen it on green. I have a dark red copy and a white demo. They'll be heading for ebay later this week for sure along with the other Steeltown stuff and a stuffed chimp called Bubbles :thumbsup:.

Phil

Social source share

I've never seen it on green. I have a dark red copy and a white demo. They'll be heading for ebay later this week for sure along with the other Steeltown stuff and a stuffed chimp called Bubbles :smile:.

Phil

i've actually also never seen it on this white label west coast looking styrene atlantic press that was pictured in this cd compilation of steeltown stuff i was looking at this weekend either. weird how many presses there were of that record. can you post your scan of the green though? is it styrene or vinyl?

Social source share

i've actually also never seen it on this white label west coast looking styrene atlantic press that was pictured in this cd compilation of steeltown stuff i was looking at this weekend either. weird how many presses there were of that record. can you post your scan of the green though? is it styrene or vinyl?

It's been 38 years since I had it but I'm pretty sure it was vinyl. Also a very badly printed label from memory - it looked like a boot back then........

Ian D :D

Social source share

Dave I have no idea about the value of that record but I can point you in the direction of some people who would definitely be able to tell you about it, if you want me to..

boxing.gif PETE I WAS GOING TO FIND OUT IF RECORD COLLECTOR HAD ANY IDEA? AS I HAVE WRITTEN THE INFO IS FROM THAT SOURCE, I NO YOU HAVE CONTACTS WITH RC. IN TODAYS CLIMET OF ANY THING RELATED TO JACKO AS I SAY THIS TO MY KNOWLAGE THE RAREST UK MJ THAT SEMS QUITE CLEAR, AND WHEN I SAW A COPY ON EBAY 6 YEARS AGO IS WHERE I GOT THE INFO FROM, I PUT IT ON WATCH AND WHEN IT REACHED £1K WITH OVER 2 DAYS TO GO IT JUST DISAPEERED? THERE COULD BE 2 REASONS FOR THIS 1. HE GOT AN OFFER HE COULD NOT REFUSE? 2 THE COMPANY STEPED IN TO PREVENT THE SALE? THIS HAPPENED TO A MATE IN LONDON WHO PRESSED 50 COPIES OF AN UNRELEASED PAMA DICE SINGLE TO COMEMORATE HIS DEATH 2 YEARS BACK THE SINGLE WAS PUT OUT ON DICE MUSIC CALLED DICE EXPERIANCE B/W DICE EXPERANCE 2 A BRILLIANT INSTRAMENTAL HE SOLD 5 OR 6 COPIE AT £15 EACH AND UT OF THE BLUE A KNOCK ON THE DOOR I THINK IT WAS A SANCTORY LAWYER DEMANDING ALL THE COPIES BACK AS THEY OWNED THE COPY RIGHT AND THEY PROVED IT AS IT WAS ON SOME OBSCURE CD? THE BAD PIONT OF THIS STORY IS PAMA DICE GAVE HIS PERMISHION FOR ITS RELEASE, SLIGHTLY OFF THE MJ RECORD I WAS DJING IN LAVENDER HILL 13 YEAS AGO PLAYING GOOD OLD SOUL THE PUB WAS THE BEOUFOY WANDSWORTH A REAL BLACKMANS PUB AND WHILE I WAS DOING MY SET PAMA DICE TOOK THE MIKE OF ME AND DID HIS TOASTING OVER NORTHER SOUL TRACKS I WAS AMAZED THERE A TAPE SOMEWHERE WITH HIM TOASTING AS FOR THE RECORD IF YOU HAVE NOT GOT IT I WILL LOAN IT TO YOUph34r.gif DAVE KIL... BY THE WAY YES PLEASE AS I MAY BE SITTING ON A NEST EGGshhh.gif
Social source share

:boxing: PETE I WAS GOING TO FIND OUT IF RECORD COLLECTOR HAD ANY IDEA? AS I HAVE WRITTEN THE INFO IS FROM THAT SOURCE, I NO YOU HAVE CONTACTS WITH RC. IN TODAYS CLIMET OF ANY THING RELATED TO JACKO AS I SAY THIS TO MY KNOWLAGE THE RAREST UK MJ THAT SEMS QUITE CLEAR, AND WHEN I SAW A COPY ON EBAY 6 YEARS AGO IS WHERE I GOT THE INFO FROM, I PUT IT ON WATCH AND WHEN IT REACHED £1K WITH OVER 2 DAYS TO GO IT JUST DISAPEERED? THERE COULD BE 2 REASONS FOR THIS 1. HE GOT AN OFFER HE COULD NOT REFUSE? 2 THE COMPANY STEPED IN TO PREVENT THE SALE? THIS HAPPENED TO A MATE IN LONDON WHO PRESSED 50 COPIES OF AN UNRELEASED PAMA DICE SINGLE TO COMEMORATE HIS DEATH 2 YEARS BACK THE SINGLE WAS PUT OUT ON DICE MUSIC CALLED DICE EXPERIANCE B/W DICE EXPERANCE 2 A BRILLIANT INSTRAMENTAL HE SOLD 5 OR 6 COPIE AT £15 EACH AND UT OF THE BLUE A KNOCK ON THE DOOR I THINK IT WAS A SANCTORY LAWYER DEMANDING ALL THE COPIES BACK AS THEY OWNED THE COPY RIGHT AND THEY PROVED IT AS IT WAS ON SOME OBSCURE CD? THE BAD PIONT OF THIS STORY IS PAMA DICE GAVE HIS PERMISHION FOR ITS RELEASE, SLIGHTLY OFF THE MJ RECORD I WAS DJING IN LAVENDER HILL 13 YEAS AGO PLAYING GOOD OLD SOUL THE PUB WAS THE BEOUFOY WANDSWORTH A REAL BLACKMANS PUB AND WHILE I WAS DOING MY SET PAMA DICE TOOK THE MIKE OF ME AND DID HIS TOASTING OVER NORTHER SOUL TRACKS I WAS AMAZED THERE A TAPE SOMEWHERE WITH HIM TOASTING AS FOR THE RECORD IF YOU HAVE NOT GOT IT I WILL LOAN IT TO YOU:ph34r: DAVE KIL... BY THE WAY YES PLEASE AS I MAY BE SITTING ON A NEST EGG:shhh:

Why dontcha put it on the bay for a £1000K minimum and see what happens? That way the market will soon tell you if it's rare or not as you'll get a stack of enquiries if it's a genuine hot item. I'm doing a similar thing with a batch of 20 x 7" Promos. I'll put 'em on @ a £300 minimum and see what happens.

My feeling is that there are hardly any Jacko rarities. He's the most consistant popular artist of the last 30 years so there's little chance that they'd bother pressing less than a few hundred of anything otherwise it wouldn't be worth priniting the labels up for promo use! Most of the decent promos will be in collections or with people who worked for Epic and/or Jacko in some capacity I reckon. The rest will have gone to Radio Stations and promo reps to give out at the time.

But get it on now. No time like the present to sell a Jacko rarity, which is almost a contradiction in terms if you think about it. None of his stuff is rare really is it? So I'd grab a grand for it if someone offered......

Best of luck,

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

Ripple and the waves may not be the jackson 5, but the ft artist Michael has got to be Michael Jackson, same label, to my ears same voice. just guesting then?

rob h.

the ripples and waves were another kiddie group from indiana. their lead singer was not named michael but apparently did sound exactly like him. there were two separate stories, one was that gordon keith just stuck 'featuring michael' on the record to imply some sort of jackson five connection. someone from another gary group told me this and i thought gordon confirmed this story when i hung with him a couple of times. however, the other possible story is what you said, that michael sings on the record. that version of the story is actually corroborated by this, written by one of the members of the ripples and the waves:

https://www.mp3.com/artist/michael-jackson/reviews/?review_id=485462&flag=3

this story says that michael's voice was put onto the record. I don't know if it's true, however, just saying that the voice sounds like michael isn't enough because a billion kiddie records sound like michael. the backing group is 100% not the j5 though.

Social source share

the ripples and waves were another kiddie group from indiana. their lead singer was not named michael but apparently did sound exactly like him. there were two separate stories, one was that gordon keith just stuck 'featuring michael' on the record to imply some sort of jackson five connection. someone from another gary group told me this and i thought gordon confirmed this story when i hung with him a couple of times. however, the other possible story is what you said, that michael sings on the record. that version of the story is actually corroborated by this, written by one of the members of the ripples and the waves:

this story says that michael's voice was put onto the record. I don't know if it's true, however, just saying that the voice sounds like michael isn't enough because a billion kiddie records sound like michael. the backing group is 100% not the j5 though.

photo of the group is here:

https://www.indiana45s.com/indiana45s_detail.php?recordID=581&group=Ripples%20and%20Waves%20plus%20Michael

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

I'm after a copy of the "Boogie" album by The Jackson 5 from 1979, if anyone can help?

Thanks

JT

Edited by James Trouble
Social source share

Guest James Trouble

PM'ed you!!!!!!

Hey Boba,

No PM has come through, maybe email? jamestrouble at gmail.com

Cheers

JT

Edited by James Trouble
Social source share

Interesting, I did once read that Michael was the vocalist presumably from the same source.

Social source share

Looking at the last weeks completed prices for common albums eg : Thriller, Bad and Off the Wall from a stupid £100 up to £500 - the ebay market is hot !!

I know of one dealer who checked his emails Saturday morning and had over 300 buy it now orders for MJ related 45s/ lps / 12s - WTF !! Not much interest until he died.. Timing ha - sold a box of 50 of his 45s around six months back - thought they wouldnt sell at 99p each so got rid cheap . Only had Off The Wall lp left sold for £22 last weekend - all my previous sales for this were 79p 99p £1.25 . Go figure .:chinstroke:

Social source share

Interesting, I did once read that Michael was the vocalist presumably from the same source.

my friend called gordon keith today and gordon keith confirmed that it is 100% not michael singing on the ripples and the waves track, that mp3.com story is total BS. he just put "featuring michael" on the record to sell more tracks. there was a member of the ripples and waves named michael but he wasn't the lead singer and if michael jackson was the lead, he would have written "featuring michael jackson". additionally, the record was done after the jacksons were already on motown and there was no way he would have had access to michael at that point and it was not an older recording.

ben brown was also previously perpetuating another story that the ripples and waves was the original name of the j5 before the j5, but that is obviously not true as evidenced by that newspaper clipping.

Social source share

my friend called gordon keith today and gordon keith confirmed that it is 100% not michael singing on the ripples and the waves track, that mp3.com story is total BS. he just put "featuring michael" on the record to sell more tracks. there was a member of the ripples and waves named michael but he wasn't the lead singer and if michael jackson was the lead, he would have written "featuring michael jackson". additionally, the record was done after the jacksons were already on motown and there was no way he would have had access to michael at that point and it was not an older recording.

ben brown was also previously perpetuating another story that the ripples and waves was the original name of the j5 before the j5, but that is obviously not true as evidenced by that newspaper clipping.

Thanks for the confirmation - damn there goes my Ebay inheritance :laugh:

Social source share

Looking at the last weeks completed prices for common albums eg : Thriller, Bad and Off the Wall from a stupid £100 up to £500 - the ebay market is hot !!

I know of one dealer who checked his emails Saturday morning and had over 300 buy it now orders for MJ related 45s/ lps / 12s - WTF !! Not much interest until he died.. Timing ha - sold a box of 50 of his 45s around six months back - thought they wouldnt sell at 99p each so got rid cheap . Only had Off The Wall lp left sold for £22 last weekend - all my previous sales for this were 79p 99p £1.25 . Go figure .:chinstroke:

I think it died off pretty quickly though. Every MJ related record I had on Discogs sold out the night of his death, so I put up a brilliant batch of Jacksons/Jacko mint promos and rarities on E-Bay - 19 in total @ £200 but no takers. I think everyone else had the same notion because there is now more MJ stuff up there then before but the bidding has slumped right off by the looks of it.

My mate put up his "Off The Wall" test-pressing with the track-listing on the cover and got £37.50 for it yesterday, whereas one week before I think he would have got £100+ easily. All the HMV's are racked to the hilt plus MJ's being TV advertised so the mainstream is holding up ut I think the collectors market has been saturated by the looks of it..........

Social source share

My mate put up his "Off The Wall" test-pressing with the track-listing on the cover and got £37.50 for it yesterday, whereas one week before I think he would have got £100+ easily. All the HMV's are racked to the hilt plus MJ's being TV advertised so the mainstream is holding up ut I think the collectors market has been saturated by the looks of it..........

Exactly why I didn't do anything about selling my 30+ promos including the demo 12" box set....oh well, I'll hold on to 'em...

Social source share

Exactly why I didn't do anything about selling my 30+ promos including the demo 12" box set....oh well, I'll hold on to 'em...

There's just so much of it isn't there Jerry?

I wonder how many promo 45's they pressed up from the Thriller album considering the whole album was full of singles and had a 2 year Marketing plan? Probably 20K of each in the U.S...............

Ian D biggrin.gif

Social source share

• 1 month later...

boxing.gif Cheers for that. there is no getting away from the issue that as we are a collective breed of soul purists that and I am speaking from a personal point of view MOCHEAL JACKSON Has little to offer us in the case of rare soul? but as a collector of soul I have always picked up what I consider as unusual bits and pieces from car boot sales this 12 inch record cost 50P and in the same box I got a mint "guns of Navarone-VA on Trojan MINT", When as most of us checked the value of items that we don't know love it or loath it, it was not in any record guide and when the Record Collector Price Guide fist came out they did not mention it and all these years later it is still not in there? that's because as I have mentioned because it is not meant to exist? however you can all see it does. it has taken me 20+ years to come up with the info that I talk about in the article. as for the EBAY sale it makes sense as Micheal Jackson has not the reputation that he did have when this item was made, and as such without the history that my research has uncovered I bet the buyer does not know what he has? why not contact him/her as they may still have it. also as I have said my info accounts for 4 copies there may of course be more?g.gif To conclude as a UK collector of soul I was surprised at how much Micheal Jackson/Jackson 5 records that I have :- all the TAMLA MOTOWN singles on DEMOS & EPIC on DEMOS + a Red vinyl set and 2 complete sets of 7inch singles picture discs in there plastic wallets? and apart from "I WANT YOU BACK" they don't really belong in my collection of rare UK soul or do they? Since the man sold his copy on EBAY last night I trawled through the US EBAY site and already any Micheal Jackson record is there, as collectors we may be perhaps interested in the STEALTOWN records but I have had the in the past and they are not very good.

PLEASE IF ANY COLLECTOR HAS MORE INFO ON THIS RECORD I WOULD BE INTERESTED, AND I DO BELIEVE SUCH ITEMS LIKE THIS BELONG IN THE HANDS OF REAL COLLECTORS NOT DEALLERS ON THAT POINT I HOPE YOU ALL AGREE! don't forget I asked for help about how to make a down load copy? i have purchased a turn table from a well known IT store but as a Luddite it is still to much for me to follow the technology long gone are the days I could play a record and tape it? any help I would gratefully appreciate.ph34r.gif DAVE THE DRUG

boxing.gif DON,T TIME FLY? HERES A BIT MORE INFO ON MICHEL JACKSON, WELL I WOULD LIKE TO SHOW YOU , BUT IT,S IN OCTOBERS RECORD COLLECTOR....INTRESTING AND GOOD REPLY TO MY VERY BRIEF LETTERph34r.gif DAVEKIL

Social source share

• 1 year later...

Hi

I stumbled on this forum because of this thread. I know it's a bit old but I just wanted to give some colour around this mix. Firstly, the actual pressing itself is relatively rare but the mix is NOT. Alan Coulthard created 3 Michael Jackson megamixes in total for DMC. The first is the one in question, the second was in '88 aptly titled "5 Years Later", and then his legendary HIStory Megamix - an edited version of which featured on the Earth Song CD Single.

The actual origins of the mix are from this DMC Vinyl: https://www.discogs.c...release/1596588

It was also released on CD: https://www.discogs.c.../release/649485

To further depress the price, DMC repressed it onto CD last year: https://www.discogs.c...release/2076652

Also the mix isn't "25 mins" long as the original poster states on XPR 1242, it's nearly 12 mins long and plays the same on both sides. If you're a fan of these kinds of mixes, I recommend seeking out this bootleg: https://www.discogs.c.../release/737830 which nicely packages up the DMC Mixes done for Michael during the Bad and Thriller era. As for the actual value of this vinyl, I would say approximately £20. The fact that it's widely available on so many different formats now has heavily reduced it. It's definately not worth £1K or whatever one of the eBay auctions went for, and if you hunt around it can be found at a much cheaper price. Also, I've read that story about copies being destroyed etc etc many times. All I can safely say is that there are many, many more than just 4 copies or whatever Alan supposedly saved.

Hope this helps, if anyone has any other MJ questions or records to be valued please do post up or contact me (sandeep at blueyonder dot co dot uk) and I'm happy to help as I'm a big fan and quite knowledgeable.

Cheers.

Social source share

Hi

I stumbled on this forum because of this thread. I know it's a bit old but I just wanted to give some colour around this mix. Firstly, the actual pressing itself is relatively rare but the mix is NOT. Alan Coulthard created 3 Michael Jackson megamixes in total for DMC. The first is the one in question, the second was in '88 aptly titled "5 Years Later", and then his legendary HIStory Megamix - an edited version of which featured on the Earth Song CD Single.

The actual origins of the mix are from this DMC Vinyl: https://www.discogs.c...release/1596588

It was also released on CD: https://www.discogs.c.../release/649485

To further depress the price, DMC repressed it onto CD last year: https://www.discogs.c...release/2076652

Also the mix isn't "25 mins" long as the original poster states on XPR 1242, it's nearly 12 mins long and plays the same on both sides. If you're a fan of these kinds of mixes, I recommend seeking out this bootleg: https://www.discogs.c.../release/737830 which nicely packages up the DMC Mixes done for Michael during the Bad and Thriller era. As for the actual value of this vinyl, I would say approximately £20. The fact that it's widely available on so many different formats now has heavily reduced it. It's definately not worth £1K or whatever one of the eBay auctions went for, and if you hunt around it can be found at a much cheaper price. Also, I've read that story about copies being destroyed etc etc many times. All I can safely say is that there are many, many more than just 4 copies or whatever Alan supposedly saved.

Hope this helps, if anyone has any other MJ questions or records to be valued please do post up or contact me (sandeep at blueyonder dot co dot uk) and I'm happy to help as I'm a big fan and quite knowledgeable.

Cheers.

so there you have it all you 45 owners because your vinyl is available on so many other formats it is virtually worthless,please pm me all your 45's and i will gladly pay the postage for your old scrap / worthless 45'syes.gif

kev

Social source share

I would have thought £20 was about right, though there are a couple on Discogs at the moment for rather more hopeful prices. I think I got 15 or 20 quid for the couple I had a few years back.

I'd have thought the dead popstar gravy train has long since rolled on somewhere else...

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert