Ronjon

Hi

Can anyone help with years of release for :

Sterling Magee- Keep On- Sylvia Records

Casanova Two-We got to keep on-Early Bird records

G Davis & R Tyler-Hold on help is on the way-Parlo records

Okaysions-Watch out girl-Cotillion records

Thanks in advance

Also can anyone tell me anything about the last one (Watch out girl). I have it on Cotillion44089 bu with a blank "B" side. See photos. Is it a bootleg? Can't see anything in JM's book.

Thanks

Andy

post-2465-12460204032519_thumb.jpg

post-2465-12460204191757_thumb.jpg

post-2465-12460204032519_thumb.jpg

post-2465-12460204191757_thumb.jpg

Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Brett F

Magee 1966

Casanova ? (label ran from 66-71)

G Davies 1966

The Okaysions is an odd one the flip should be Happiness with the same catalogue number on your copy, i have a Fabulous Peps 45 in the same vein one side blank (forget the label now), supose it's just one of those pressing oddities.

Not certain if you know but the deadwax sometimes has a matrix/number where their is almost a code via the bigger pressing plants to give you the year of a release, not on all records of course, but always worth a look.

Brett

Dave Flynn's site has info on the matrix etc

https://anorakscorner.homestead.com/pressingplantinfo.html

Edited by Brett F
Social source share

Magee 1966

Casanova ? (label ran from 66-71)

G Davies 1966

The Okaysions is an odd one the flip should be Happiness with the same catalogue number on your copy, i have a Fabulous Peps 45 in the same vein one side blank (forget the label now), supose it's just one of those pressing oddities.

Not certain if you know but the deadwax sometimes has a matrix/number where their is almost a code via the bigger pressing plants to give you the year of a release, not on all records of course, but always worth a look.

Brett

Thanks Brett.

Looking at the "B" side run out, it says "MFG BY SPECIALITY RECORDS". "A" side run out reads CO-19291-1 with a stamped in"M" and initials of "LW". There is also AT and DK stamped in the "A" side run out.

Andy

Social source share

Thanks Brett.

Looking at the "B" side run out, it says "MFG BY SPECIALITY RECORDS". "A" side run out reads CO-19291-1 with a stamped in"M" and initials of "LW". There is also AT and DK stamped in the "A" side run out.

Andy

I have the same 45 Andy.

It's a legitimate Test Pressing.

I also have a full LP on Acetate from this session, which remains unreleased.

biggrin.gif

Sean

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert