What Do You Do When A Brother Loose His Faith

My brother and best pal has lost his faith, after 30 years soulin, Torch, Wigan, all the way through the 8ts, but now he wont listen to the tunes or come my soul night and all he wants to do is go bird spotting, the feathered kind!

What should I do?

Social source share

• Replies 14
  • Views 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Mrs Simsy

Accept it, and if he's happy, be glad for it.

:shades:

Lots of people move away from the music & the scene for a bit for whatever reason. He'll come running back! :lol:

Social source share

Strap him down, clamp a set of headphones to his skull and force feed him Mariah Carey/ Neil Diamond for 24 hours (just to drive home what a soulless future he has). I also find some light waterboarding to the strains of prog rock (any, all sounds the same) helps. Good luckthumbsup.gif

Edited by isis
Social source share

Cadge his records of him,and let him go..............he'll be back on here in say 10 years with posts like "i had that record payed thrupence and gave it away" post's. :king:

Edited by ken
Social source share

I got myself into trouble last year suggesting an option for a bloke who had lost his mojo on the soul scene a bit whistling.gif I always forget that it's not just us four or five people posting on the thread that are going to read it!

So, no, I've got no idea how to get your brother back interested in the scene, and I'm not a good person to ask. In fact, you never saw me here ph34r.gif

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...
Guest nubes

thanks for all for responding, nothing I hadnt thought of though, spose I'll learn to accept it sure do miss him though.

Same with my sis Viki mate..she was a very good dancer...full of energy...absolutely luvved the northern scene...we wasnt apart during the days of Oddfellows...Stafford...Leighton Buzzard etc..countless soul nights..80s soul weekenders etc...we use to have such a laff together ...being on the same wave musically...but she decided to retire from all soul scenes..due to a bout of ill health....in 1999..did get that she missed it when one Xmas ..she came out with the statement..."you cant beat the atmosphere of an all nighter"...Delxxxxx

Social source share

• 3 months later...
On 7/14/2009 at 18:39, nubes said:

Same with my sis Viki mate..she was a very good dancer...full of energy...absolutely luvved the northern scene...we wasnt apart during the days of Oddfellows...Stafford...Leighton Buzzard etc..countless soul nights..80s soul weekenders etc...we use to have such a laff together ...being on the same wave musically...but she decided to retire from all soul scenes..due to a bout of ill health....in 1999..did get that she missed it when one Xmas ..she came out with the statement..."you cant beat the atmosphere of an all nighter"...Delxxxxx

Social source share

Guest dazzzzler

Strap him down, clamp a set of headphones to his skull and force feed him Mariah Carey/ Neil Diamond for 24 hours (just to drive home what a soulless future he has). I also find some light waterboarding to the strains of prog rock (any, all sounds the same) helps. Good luckthumbsup.gif

nowt rong wi neil diamond may be jon and edward will push him bak.maybe he just needs a break from it .once a souli allways a souli .dont worry.ktf.thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Guest hurryup

nowt rong wi neil diamond may be jon and edward will push him bak.maybe he just needs a break from it .once a souli allways a souli .dont worry.ktf.thumbsup.gif

I don't agree with that. no.gif If that was the case, where are all those people who were into n.s. 30 odd years ago, they don't all still go to soul venues. They've moved onto other things, there's more to life than northern soul ohmy.gif

Social source share

I would take him to one of those noisy, over crowded, trouble makers out for a fight kind of club or pub, then he might think, "come back soul nights all is forgiven!" :boxing:

Thats what happened to me when i was dragged, kicking & screaming into one of those places! :lol:

My partner Ian would be quite happy to go elsewhere, but its just not for me, oh no! :no::no::no:

If i listened to anything else, i would loose my marbles! :lol::(:yes:

I have been on the scene for about 20 years & yes there is more to life than Northern Soul, but i have never found any music or club nights that i prefer, so i stick to what i enjoy! :lol:

In fact, i got a divorce because he came between me & my Northern Soul! :lol::lol:

Edited by parkash
Social source share

Guest dazzzzler

I don't agree with that. no.gif If that was the case, where are all those people who were into n.s. 30 odd years ago, they don't all still go to soul venues. They've moved onto other things, there's more to life than northern soul ohmy.gif

u dont av t go to venues u can listen to music at home .cors its just a mke up of a person ur prefrence in music.sounds like u need a councilour.boxing.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert