Lucky Lou Discography

Djr

Seeing how I live close to Trenton, NJ, I'm trying to get a better understanding of the soul labels that were from that city.

One of the labels I've seen on e-bay is Lucky Lou. Can anyone help with a discography for this label? Here's what I've managed to find:

The T.N.J.'s 'Two Girls' / 'I Got It So Good'

Natural Facts ' What Time Is It?' / 'Girl Don't Cry'

Any others?

Any details on this label would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave

Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Brett F

I've checked this out and the two you mention are the only ones i can find on the label (the one with the cartoon with the top hat on and the ace of spades ?) have you got a soundfile of either of these be interested to hear them.

Brett

Social source share

I've checked this out and the two you mention are the only ones i can find on the label (the one with the cartoon with the top hat on and the ace of spades ?) have you got a soundfile of either of these be interested to hear them.

Brett

both are very garagey sounding, despite the TNJs being black anyways. natural facts sounds white. they should be in refosoul

Social source share

both are very garagey sounding, despite the TNJs being black anyways. natural facts sounds white. they should be in refosoul

unless... i never considered this before ... the tnjs aren't even related to the soul group, i never compared names on the record actually, i will check tonight.

Social source share

Guest Brett F

Cheers Bob

Social source share

Guest Eddies

Me...I love the Natural Facts"Girl don't cry"

It used to get played out too

Edited by Eddies
Social source share

unless... i never considered this before ... the tnjs aren't even related to the soul group, i never compared names on the record actually, i will check tonight.

i compared names and the lucky lou groups is 100% the same group as on newark / chess, etc. bizarre they would make a record sounding like that.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert