Darryl Stewart

" Name It And Claim It" Darryl Stewart on Wand has a mispelled title on some copies.

It reads "Name It And Clain It" I have only seen this mistake on demo copies and the issues have the correct title.

Are there Demos with the correct spelling? and are there any Issues with the spelling error?

Edited by Guest
Social source share

• Replies 15
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Darryl

Maybe your copy is a West Coast press?

:thumbsup:

Hi again. I'm not sure how I came across this, but to answer your questions, the initial pressing of Name It had the title mistake. If I recall correctly, there were about a 1000 (more or less) created. I actually had about 200 of them at one point. There was a second shipment with the corrected spelling released (I'm not sure how many of those were released).

Darryl

Social source share

Hi again. I'm not sure how I came across this, but to answer your questions, the initial pressing of Name It had the title mistake. If I recall correctly, there were about a 1000 (more or less) created. I actually had about 200 of them at one point. There was a second shipment with the corrected spelling released (I'm not sure how many of those were released).

Hi Darryl, and thanks for the clarification over 'which came first' :wub:

Out of interest, what was your (and Wand's) reaction when the mis-spelt label copies arrived...you must have been upset/annoyed?! :thumbup:

Social source share

Guest Darryl

Hi Darryl, and thanks for the clarification over 'which came first' :lol:

Out of interest, what was your (and Wand's) reaction when the mis-spelt label copies arrived...you must have been upset/annoyed?! :rolleyes:

If I recall correctly I don't think I was upset at all. I actually thought it was quite funny and got a big laugh out of it. I wound up giving all of those copies away. The Wand promotion department seemed a log more upset about it.

Social source share

Darryl

Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I take it that all the copies you mention are Demos, some with the incorrect spelling and some correct?

The Issue copies with the Red writing are all spelt correct?

Its one of my favorites, so am trying to find out about this.

:smile::chinstroke::smile:

Edited by Guest
Social source share

Guest Darryl

Darryl

Social source share

Uh Oh! Now you're really squeezing my memory. And in all honesty, I really don't recall. Sorry. -d

Thats ok, nice to hear from you.

Thanks to all who replied, and for the different label scans.

Edited by Guest
Social source share

£16 ish from soul bowl not long after the levine lp was released,the one with all the cobwebs on the records,always remember missing out on curtis blandon in the long run on the same day,but got jack montgomery on white demo, mum used to wonder what i was doing on the phone to kings lynn, ahh those were the days

kev

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert