Candi Staton;upper Hand

• Replies 26
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Brian Ellis

Sorry mate - didn't see the full description at the top of the page, only saw the more brief message on the SS Home Page. Have changed my post - doh!

Brian

Social source share

It's certainly rare, and very good too......but £750 :huh: would have expected that much from Pat or Manship but would say half of that to be about right, but hey what do I know :huh: got pipped on a few last year at the £300/350 mark.

link

How many do you call a few. There was one on JM auction if I remember rightly can't remember end price, saw two up for sale both in the region of £700. I don't recall seeing a few at or around £350. Where were these?

Social source share

How many do you call a few.  There was one on JM auction if I remember rightly can't remember end price, saw two up for sale both in the region of £700.  I don't recall seeing a few at or around £350.  Where were these?

link

Great minds and all that!!! :huh:

Social source share

Seen it go for different prices past 3 years from £600 and also seen it for sale at £500 but that was about 18 months ago, lovely record, shame I don't hear it out much if at all past year or so

Social source share

Sorry for wasting anybodys time :huh: but i had it on a good source this was genuine,i need to get this authenticated,but how?wouldnt want to take £600+of anybodys money,for a boot if it is its not like any i have had before?,and i have had loads of boots of this! :huh:

Social source share

Sorry for wasting anybodys time  :huh: but i had it on a good source this was genuine,i need to get this authenticated,but how?wouldnt want to take £600+of anybodys money,for a boot if it is its not like any i have had before?,and i have had loads of boots of this! :huh:

link

Large run out on boots for one Kenny.... and, secondly, according to Manship's guide originals have 7-11-a (prp 17521) 161 in dead wax....

Social source share

Seen it go for different prices past 3 years from £600 and also seen it for sale at £500 but that was about 18 months ago, lovely record, shame I don't hear it out much if at all past year or so

link

Me too but Billytheboot was talking last year and for £350??? I've not seen it that price for some time.

Social source share

The size of the run out is the main clue, it's about an 3/4 inch wide on the pressing, but another way of telling which the great experts never tell you is when you play it, after the organ intro and the drum roll, the horns come in but only in one channel, they get turned up really quickly in the other channel and you can really notice it. Also I don't think the original has that dip towards the centre.

Social source share

The size of the run out is the main clue, it's about an 3/4 inch wide on the pressing, but another way of telling which the great experts never tell you is when you play it, after the organ intro and the drum roll, the horns come in but only in one channel, they get turned up really quickly in the other channel and you can really notice it.  Also I don't think the original has that dip towards the centre.

link

Cheers pete!it plays perfect and as the dip towards centre,but no 161 TL in runout,so i will scratch it in later :huh: ,i allways thought the same about the sound quality,and the boots are very light styrene i think,pluss the lable on the boot is very nice but slightly blurd,like someone as turned the copyier on to the darkest setting,mine is crisp just right!no blobs etc.

Social source share

Cheers pete!it plays perfect and as the dip towards centre,but no 161 TL in runout,so i will scratch it in later  :shades: ,i allways thought the same about the sound quality,and the boots are very light styrene i think,pluss the lable on the boot is very nice but slightly blurd,like someone as turned the copyier on to the darkest setting,mine is crisp just right!no blobs etc.

link

whistling.gif:rolleyes:ph34r.gif

Boots size 15

:thumbsup::thumbup:

Social source share

Cheers pete!it plays perfect and as the dip towards centre,but no 161 TL in runout,so i will scratch it in later  :lol: ,i allways thought the same about the sound quality,and the boots are very light styrene i think,pluss the lable on the boot is very nice but slightly blurd,like someone as turned the copyier on to the darkest setting,mine is crisp just right!no blobs etc.

link

Also booted on vinyl,come to think of it i`ve never seen a styrene boot of this 45?

Dave f..............

Social source share

Also booted on vinyl,come to think of it i`ve never seen a styrene boot of this 45?

Dave f..............

link

Yep, there is no styrene boot of this, just good old thick vinyl...done by the same people who did the first presses of Idle Few, Anderson Bros, Dave Newman etc

Social source share

Sorry for wasting anybodys time  smile.gif but i had it on a good source this was genuine,i need to get this authenticated,but how?wouldnt want to take £600+of anybodys money,for a boot if it is its not like any i have had before?,and i have had loads of boots of this! wink.gif

link

Kenneth

As far as I know I think this record is a lot rarer than people think, there are boots and then there are really good boots which pass for originals but a real original has a pale blue NB in letters about half inch big printed onto the label which is then overprinted by the title etc I've only ever seen one like this but I'm sure it was an original .... don't know if anybody else has seen one, the title is definately overprinted on the blue.

Dazz

Social source share

Kenneth

As far as I know I think this record is a lot rarer than people think, there are boots and then there are really good boots which pass for originals but a real original has a pale blue NB in letters about half inch big printed onto the label which is then overprinted by the title etc  I've only ever seen one like this but I'm sure it was an original .... don't know if anybody else has seen one, the title is definately overprinted on the blue.

Dazz

link

I don't think there are two boots Dazz, just the one, the label is perfect but see above for the rest. The NB would just be a radio station stampo or something anyway. I have only ever seen one copy of this on original, in a small 45 box in Pep's shop the week after it was booted, I think it was £30 then!

Social source share

Kenneth

As far as I know I think this record is a lot rarer than people think, there are boots and then there are really good boots which pass for originals but a real original has a pale blue NB in letters about half inch big printed onto the label which is then overprinted by the title etc  I've only ever seen one like this but I'm sure it was an original .... don't know if anybody else has seen one, the title is definately overprinted on the blue.

Dazz

link

Some one must have been playing with the kiddies crayons bought mine from Soul Bowl about 15 years ago i think i know who i would trust

Ted shades.gif

Social source share