Underplayed & Underappreciated

One of the records of the weekend for me at Cleethorpes was Four Tops.. "As long as you need me,i aint heard it since my teens,it sounded fantastic..Only a few people danced and quite a lot did not know it...Cheap as chips tune that will always rock my heart...Can anyone tell me who spun it,it could have been Ady,it was on the Sunday night.... :ohmy::ohmy: It brought a tear to my eye while dancing...A lot of people will not dance to slower stuff and i love that,more room for the beat ballad brigade :ohmy::ohmy:

Social source share

• Replies 65
  • Views 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

One of the records of the weekend for me at Cleethorpes was Four Tops.. "As long as you need me,i aint heard it since my teens,it sounded fantastic..Only a few people danced and quite a lot did not know it...Cheap as chips tune that will always rock my heart...Can anyone tell me who spun it,it could have been Ady,it was on the Sunday night.... :ohmy:   :ohmy: It brought a tear to my eye while dancing...A  lot of people will not dance to slower stuff and i love that,more room for the beat ballad brigade :ohmy:   :ohmy:

link

"Just As Long As You Need Me" is a nice tune, and cheap as they come. I think it has quite a bit of pace to it too. I played this out once or twice a few years back but it didn't go down all that well as I recall it.

Social source share

"Just As Long As You Need Me" is a nice tune, and cheap as they come. I think it has quite a bit of pace to it too. I played this out once or twice a few years back but it didn't go down all that well as I recall it.

link

Yes mate its not that slow but still not a dancer for a lot of people it seems because its not got the standard beat,its a floater with strings for me :ohmy:

Social source share

See what you think of this, just posted with soundfile in the sales section. Not everyone's cup of tea I reckon but some might like it.

Marsha & The Delwands "No Hope No Faith" on Zudan

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=10687

link

Had this for a while and played it out coupla times, but I think that the production could have been better as the vocals seem cut a bit low.

What do you think yourself?

Tony

Social source share

Had this for a while and played it out coupla times, but I think that the production could have been better as the vocals seem cut a bit low.

What do you think yourself?

Tony

link

What I think is pretty irrelevant, but I think it is pretty OK, a bit messy and not the strongest vocal ever recorded, but a lot of people like it that way. Better than some other stuff anyway.

Social source share

Guest Andy BB

There's also a fast and furious version by the Fabians on Blue Rocket, sound file is on Manship's site. Pretty good tune.

Heikki 1

link

Different record that one mate

Same title of course.

Either Manship has got something incredibly cheap in that one - or I was completely and utterly ripped off. I will be having a word with the seller next time I see him.

:thumbsup:

Social source share

Getting a bit tiring the negative one liners such as above

Sure throw up your views, but surely after someone has took bit of time and effort putting together and passing on a 6 pac, deserves better than crap negative one liners.

Give it a rest

Social source share

Guest rachel

Carol Fran - I'm gonna try - Port

Beautiful record  :P

On ebay a while ago and didn't even sell for a couple of quid. What's wrong with the world...?  :thumbsup:

M.

link

Have seen this on a couple of mod DJs playlists recently.. I've got it, not played it out yet, but have put it on tapes for a few people and it's one they've all commented (favourably!) on :wicked:

Social source share

Inspired by Chalky's latest "underplayed and underappreciated" 6-pac of tunes in the sounds sections, I tried to think about 6 tunes I haven't seen much on playlists lately. So I came up with these:

Ditalians - I Gotta Go - TRIP

Cliff Nobles - Your Love Is All I Need - ATLANTIC

Billy Keen - I Finally Got Wise - GALAXY

Nate Holmes - You're Still On My Mind - ABC

Bluesbusters - I've Gotta Get There - CAPTIOL

Gloria Walker & The Chevelles - Need Of You - FLAMING ARROW

I also threw them up as a 6-pac so you can hear them.

Go here:

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/index.p...cmd=si&img=7128

Just some stuff I've been listening a lot to over the past couple of weeks.

Edited by Sebastian
Social source share

Inspired by Chalky's latest "underplayed and underappreciated" 6-pac of tunes in the sounds sections, I tried to think about 6 tunes I haven't seen much on playlists lately. So I came up with these:

Ditalians - I Gotta Go - TRIP

Cliff Nobles - Your Love Is All I Need - ATLANTIC

Billy Keen - I Finally Got Wise - GALAXY

Nate Holmes - You're Still On My Mind - ABC

Bluesbusters - I've Gotta Get There - CAPTIOL

Gloria Walker & The Chevelles - Need Of You - FLAMING ARROW

I also threw them up as a 6-pac so you can hear them.

Go here:

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/index.p...cmd=si&img=7128

Just some stuff I've been listening a lot to over the past couple of weeks.

link

Cliff Nobles is great. Ditalians old Stafford spin for Guy and plenty of mileage in it today me thinks.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert