Current Prices For These Lps Please - Anyone?

Benji

Current prices for the following LPs needed:

Ruby Andrews - Everybody saw you - Zodiac

The Embers - Burn you a new one - EEE

V/A - The Tamla Motown Sound vol.1 - French Tamla-Motown (Only official album release for Carolyn Crawford "smile is just a frown", was told this is very rare???)

V/A - 20 Great Unknown Soul Classics - Cascade UK (only release for Cressa Watsons "Sweet temptation"??)

Anyone?

TIA thumbsup.gif

Benji

Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

V/A - The Tamla Motown Sound vol.1 - French Tamla-Motown (Only official album release for Carolyn Crawford "smile is just a frown", was told this is very rare???)

Nah, it's on Motown Memories Vol. 2 - a very nice compilation indeed.

CLICK!

Hmmm, can't seem to link...

Edited by cover-up
Social source share

But Motown Memories is an 1980s release, the one I'm talking about is a proper album from 1965/66

Motown Memories 80s? Nah! It's got a flipback sleeve - just checked and it's a "proper album" from 1968. And also features Barbara McNair "You're Gonna Love My Baby", R. Dean Taylor "There's A Ghost In My House" and Mary Wells "When I'm Gone". I'm guessing these weren't played in clubs at that point - for a compilation it was pretty much before it's time?

Social source share

Motown Memories 80s? Nah! It's got a flipback sleeve - just checked and it's a "proper album" from 1968. And also features Barbara McNair "You're Gonna Love My Baby", R. Dean Taylor "There's A Ghost In My House" and Mary Wells "When I'm Gone". I'm guessing these weren't played in clubs at that point - for a compilation it was pretty much before it's time?

Oops, my mistake. Didn't know the Motowm Memories album and a quick Google search only came up with an 80s compilation of that name.

Thanks for the info about Carolyn Crawford, didn't know that.

And yes, you're right. With tracks like Babs McNeir, "Ghost in my house" etc. it was way before its time.

But back to my initial question. Anyone with current values for:

The Embers - Burn you a new one - EEE

V/A - The Tamla Motown Sound vol.1 - French Tamla-Motown

V/A - 20 Great Unknown Soul Classics - Cascade UK (only release for Cressa Watsons "Sweet temptation"??)

Thanks for DaveG for the price of Ruby Andrews...

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert