• Replies 13
  • Views 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest JohnnyHitman

Marvin & Tammi - Remix Aint No Mountain High Enough

Heard this for the first time this week- end. Terry Jones was playing it at Cleethorpes.

Remix may have been by Mark Radsom

Anyone know where I can get one?

Thanks

Col.

Might be the "Ben Human Remix"

Social source share

No it's a band new mix we have done in Birmingham - incorporating Diana Ross as well as Marvin and Tammi and loads better than any of the other remixes of the track in my not so humble opinion.

I gave a CDR to Terry Jones for Cleethorpes and supplied copies for Pete Lyster to play at Coppertops and John Fisher at Soulvation last weekend, and on Saturday I played it at Nuneaton.

And I know it's heresy but James Jamerson's bass has been "tidied up" and sounds more in time now. I know - heresy.

There's key changes on different parts of Marvin/Tammi and Diana's versions, the way they been mashed up on this mix they key changes on the different records actually work with each other even though the backing tracks are totally different.

I think it's a great remix

All the Best,

Neil

Social source share

Guest JohnnyHitman

No it's a band new mix we have done in Birmingham - incorporating Diana Ross as well as Marvin and Tammi and loads better than any of the other remixes of the track in my not so humble opinion.

I gave a CDR to Terry Jones for Cleethorpes and supplied copies for Pete Lyster to play at Coppertops and John Fisher at Soulvation last weekend, and on Saturday I played it at Nuneaton.

And I know it's heresy but James Jamerson's bass has been "tidied up" and sounds more in time now. I know - heresy.

There's key changes on different parts of Marvin/Tammi and Diana's versions, the way they been mashed up on this mix they key changes on the different records actually work with each other even though the backing tracks are totally different.

I think it's a great remix

All the Best,

Neil

Can u please provide us with a soundclip, sounds interesting!! Will this become a vinyl release?

Cheers

Social source share

Neil,

You Sir, should be burnt at the stake! :wink::D

Best

Dave

Hi Dave,

Funnily enough while working with Inner City got to know one of James' sons who played on some sessions for us. I think it was Derek.

Also remember seeing James in Birmingham with Diana Ross in 1976, that was concert when she was backed by Jones Girls.

Neil

Social source share

Source Advert