Joe Bataan - Young Gifted And Brown

Noticed the price of this superb 45 has been on the up over the last few months - Ive seen it go for over a hundred quid a couple of times on e bay.

Is this being spun out on the scene anywhere?

I Hope so. It would be great to Joe B with a played / in-demand 45 on the Soul Scene.

Intrested.

Moss

Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I think is a very in demand artist. Most of his 45s are fetching high prices nowadays: "Young, gifted and brown", "Gipsy woman", "What good is a castle pt. 2", "Special girl", "Too much lovin" and the always in demand "Subway Joe".

Social source share

I am a big fan of Joe B - I own most of his late 60s early 70s tunes, Its just YGAB has shot up in price recently (150 - 200 dollars) and I was just wondering why.

Someone somewhere must be playing it out.

M

Social source share

Maybe thats it then.

Joe Bataan comes over to the uk - everybody realizes what a fantastic talent he really is - then all his original 45s go mad on e - bay !

makes perfect sense really when you think about it.

I am pleased for JB - I Hope he has enjoyed the UK and will return !

m

Social source share

Oi oi Gareth! I used to spin this in Telfords in Chester with Carl circa '96, when we did Cat In The Hat. Remember those nights?! I went to see Joe Bataan in Leeds on Saturday and he was absolutely AWESOME!! His first UK appearance, the place was full and he did a brilliant set, opening with Gypsy Woman which got the crowd going and he didn't look back after that. Great band backing him too. Very glad I went!!

Rich

Social source share

Hi Rich

Ive still got my copy of YGAB - played it today - sounds better than ever !

I do remember the cat in the hat nights. I came up from London a few times with my records for that one in the early 90s.

I had a beer with Carl Wyn the other week.

Glad you enjoyed JB - I would have loved to have got up to Leeds for that.

I really must start going out again !

Hope your well !

Gaz

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert