Frank Wilson Tmg1170

• Replies 15
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

This is probably already on here, but here goes.

Was it marketed and distributed by RCA and EMI over here? and if so does it effect value at all if one or the other?

Andy

FIRST ISSUE EMI, LATER PRESSES BY RCA, SHOULD BE A DIFFERENCE IN VALUE BUT COULDNT TELL HOW MUCH.

BRI PINCH.

BENTINCK, BACK ROOM, 19TH JUNE.

Social source share

:D Hi yes but i have never seen a RCA promo/DEMO of it I wonder why? ph34r.gif DAVE KIL

it came out in nov 1979 pressed by emi and just stayed on catalogue due to demand. when rca took over the distribution in january 1982 it just transfered over same as everything else that was on release on uk motown at that time. it was never rereleased which is why there are no rca distributed demos wink.gif

dave

Social source share

When it came out over here, it should have been on the blue motown lable, not sure why it came out on the black 'tamla motown' lable

anyone know why?

Steve

Just a bit of marketing i think - they did the same with TMG 1000 (Marvelettes/Kim Weston) and several others including (IIRC) a Supremes megamix!

Social source share

Just a bit of marketing i think - they did the same with TMG 1000 (Marvelettes/Kim Weston) and several others including (IIRC) a Supremes megamix!

Well I thought it was something like that, to make it look 60s??

Social source share

An RCA distributed copy still went for £60 on ebay last year!!

I bought the RCA distributed copy at an allnighter around '82 for £1.25p....it came in an orange Tamla Motown sleeve, just like the one's for the early 500 TMG series (note 'RCA distributed' in small print on the flip of the sleeve...)

post-4912-1244563375_thumb.jpg

post-4912-1244563435_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Here's a couple of scans of the EMI distributed one which I bought in the week it came out. It has the same sleeve except it's the olive/ browny sleeve instead of the orange one and also has the length of both sides on the label.

Same as mine, what price would it fetch now?

Social source share

An RCA distributed copy still went for £60 on ebay last year!!

I bought the RCA distributed copy at an allnighter around '82 for £1.25p....it came in an orange Tamla Motown sleeve, just like the one's for the early 500 TMG series (note 'RCA distributed' in small print on the flip of the sleeve...)

post-4912-1244563375_thumb.jpg

post-4912-1244563435_thumb.jpg

AND THAT PARTICULAR RCA ONE IS A LATE ONE NOT FROM 1982/3 BUT FROM 86/87 JUST SHOWS HOW LONG IT WAS ON CATALOGUE FOR. THE IST RCA PRESSES HAVE PUSH OUT CENTERS AND THE TYPEFACE IS DIFFERENT :)

DAVE

BENTINCK BACK ROOM 19TH JUNE

Social source share

AND THAT PARTICULAR RCA ONE IS A LATE ONE NOT FROM 1982/3 BUT FROM 86/87 JUST SHOWS HOW LONG IT WAS ON CATALOGUE FOR. THE IST RCA PRESSES HAVE PUSH OUT CENTERS AND THE TYPEFACE IS DIFFERENT :yes:

DAVE

BENTINCK BACK ROOM 19TH JUNE

And the older ones have the time 2.31 under the song title

P :)

Social source share

boxing.gif OVER THE YEARS I HAVE HAD A FEW DEMOS WITH AND WITHOUT PICTURE SLEEVE, ALSO STILL HAVE MY ORIGANAL BOOT "EDDIE FOSTER" THAT MUST BE WORTH A £10 ANY DAY, HOWEVER ONLY HAD 1 FACTORY SAMPLE RECORD, I KNOW ANY ONE COULD STICK IT ON BUT THIS IS GENUINE :) DAVE KIL

post-13241-1244760308_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert