Just Nearly Made An Almighty Cock-up

You might have seen I had a couple of cheapies lists out last couple of days, on one of them was The Parliaments - Don't Be Sore At me, great great record and still a good price at a fiver - anyway I sold one and knew I had a spare, so I sold that as well, for a fiver - and I was just about to put it in a mailer when I noticed something...

post-1893-1244207992_thumb.jpg

post-1893-1244207968_thumb.jpg

Edited by Pete S
Social source share

• Replies 22
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

You might have seen I had a couple of cheapies lists out last couple of days, on one of them was The Parliaments - Don't Be Sore At me, great great record and still a good price at a fiver - anyway I sold one and knew I had a spare, so I sold that as well, for a fiver - and I was just about to put it in a mailer when I noticed something...

post-1893-1244207968_thumb.jpgpost-1893-1244207992_thumb.jpg

One is bigger than the other!!!!!!

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

No the correct answer is that the stock copy is worth £5 and the demo copy is worth anything up to £150...it's ultra rare

ohmy.gif thats cheered me up :(

Social source share

I found one of these in the U.S. last year and was equally surprised. Put it in the box for a £100 and everyone thought I was F*cking insane. I lost count of the number of people I had to point out the "NOT FOR SALE" bit to, and even then, they wouldn't have it that it was a rarer piece.

Des Parker

Social source share

It very clearly states "Not for sale" Good eyes, there, Pete :(

Trouble is, when you've had so many copies you don't look, it had been sitting on the shelf for at least 6 months. I also sold a Ric Tic demo of You're My Mellow on here last year as an issue, I didn't notice. NIce of the buyer to send me a "neh-neh-ne-ne-neh" email after as well... laugh.gif

Social source share

post-1893-1244207992_thumb.jpg

So Pete, knowing what a fair & honest dealer that you are what happened to the

2nd buyer who had presumably paid a fiver for the record ? :D:huh:

Social source share

2nd buyer who had presumably paid a fiver for the record ? :thumbup::wicked:

If you want to swap that copy for my issue copy so you can keep your customer satisfied I'll oblige :D

Social source share

2nd buyer who had presumably paid a fiver for the record ? :thumbsup::lol:

Err... I think Pete should honour his deal to the buyer who has actually paid him for this record :lol:

All those who agree put their hands up ph34r.gifph34r.gif:ohmy: Please??

:lol::P

Social source share

Guest Dante

Err... I think Pete should honour his deal to the buyer who has actually paid him for this record :thumbsup:

All those who agree put their hands up :lol:ph34r.gifohmy.gif Please??

:ohmy::lol:

Actually he didn't pay for that record, because it wasn't listed as a Dj copy. But he could take legal actions against Pete for mis-advertising :lol:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert