Constellations "i Don't Know About You"

Apologies if this has been asked before but can the good people of Soul Source tell me the actual value of this record.

I was under the impression that the price varied from around £400 (for a VG+) to £500 (for an EX+ or Near Mint)

but due to some responses i got from some fellow Soul Source members after placing a 'wants' for it, i'm not so sure.

Also, how rare is it (i know a lot of them go through eBay but usually in poor condition)?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Social source share

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

between 4/500 quid for a decent copy. a nice copy even went thru ebay for that last week. the more beat up the less it should be. so you`re about right in what you say.........why ? are some people getting it mixed up with their other release? i would say the price is due to demand although its a little harder than their other 45 on the label

dave

Edited by dave pinch
Social source share

between 4/500 quid for a decent copy. a nice copy even went thru ebay for that last week. the more beat up the less it should be. so you`re about right in what you say.........why ? are some people getting it mixed up with their other release? i would say the price is due to demand although its a little harder than their other 45 on the label

dave

More indemand /better and harder to prise away from those who have it i think Dave :ohmy:

Mine is a rough looking copy but plays great so happy to keep it and if i didnt already have it ,i'd deffo take the first copy that played :shades:

Depending on price of course wicked.gif

back to original question ,usually fly's out at £450 for a ex to nm copy!

Social source share

Everytime this record is mentioned I have to smile, I sold a copy years back to a very well known northern soul dj and promoter, it was a good deal both ways so no complaints there. What made me laugh tho' was I went to post it, and on the way back home popped into a local shop and opened up manifesto. The record was proudly sitting at number 1 in his last months 'top nighter dancefloor reaction spins', which was pretty amazing considering it had not even been bought yet alone got to the sorting office at the time of printing whistling.gif lol

Social source share

Everytime this record is mentioned I have to smile, I sold a copy years back to a very well known northern soul dj and promoter, it was a good deal both ways so no complaints there. What made me laugh tho' was I went to post it, and on the way back home popped into a local shop and opened up manifesto. The record was proudly sitting at number 1 in his last months 'top nighter dancefloor reaction spins', which was pretty amazing considering it had not even been bought yet alone got to the sorting office at the time of printing whistling.gif lol

There lie's another great spin off thread :shades:

Social source share

Apologies if this has been asked before but can the good people of Soul Source tell me the actual value of this record.

I was under the impression that the price varied from around £400 (for a VG+) to £500 (for an EX+ or Near Mint)

but due to some responses i got from some fellow Soul Source members after placing a 'wants' for it, i'm not so sure.

Also, how rare is it (i know a lot of them go through eBay but usually in poor condition)?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Picked up my copy on ebay July 2006 for about £260, its probably VG++ (UK), plays great, I thought it was a good deal.

Best Steve rolleyes.gif

Social source share

Used to play it around 86/87 at venues such as The Cavendish, Stafford WMC, Whitchurch, Loughborough, etc...etc..., it was particularlly popular at Tim 'n' Nial's Cov all dayers, Cliff was also airing it along with a few others of us who mixed in , great mid tempo soul, later to be labelled as "crossover".

Many years later Nial told me "remember that tune you put on tapes for us, well its now big and getting to fetch a few bob", cant remember who first played it to me, but it was always gonna do it sooner or later, a "nice" record in every sense of the word.

I struggle to come to terms with prices these days, however quality has no bearing on value, as ever i'll say "it's not about playing rare, or expensive records, it's about playing GOOD records"

And it is a GOOD 'UN

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert