Bobby Sheen

Kegsy

• Replies 19
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I can't remember Gareth without digging it out tonight.

Cheers Jordi.

That would be great. I've had an MP3 of it for ages and really like it but never got round to looking for the 45. Another of his Capitol 45s, The Shelter of Your Arms, is a decent enough beat ballad if you like that sort of thing.

Social source share

To add to the Bobby Sheen discussion, I sometimes wonder if there's any others by him worth having?

The ones I know of are:

Sheen,Bobby She taught me what love really is / I don't have to dream CAPITOL 2507

Sheen,Bobby Dr Love / Sweet sweet love CAPITOL 5672

Sheen,Bobby The way of love / The shelter of your arms CAPITOL 5984

Sheen,Bobby Love stealing / Come on and love me CHELSEA 3034

Sheen,Bobby My shoes keep walking back to you / I want you for my sweetheart DIMENSION 1043

Sheen,Bobby I may not be what you want / Something new to do W BROS 7662

Sheen,Bobby If ever I dreamed I hurt you / It ain't easy being your fool W BROS 7701

Sheen,Bobby Don't make me do wrong / Payback W BROS 7732

The red ones I have (although the last WB single isn't anything special) - Jordi mentioned 'The shelter...' as being OK.

Agreed about "She taught me..." nice tune it is!

Are there any others - either listed above, or missing, that's worthy of picking up??

Cheer!

Social source share

To add to the Bobby Sheen discussion, I sometimes wonder if there's any others by him worth having?

The ones I know of are:

Sheen,Bobby She taught me what love really is / I don't have to dream CAPITOL 2507

Sheen,Bobby Dr Love / Sweet sweet love CAPITOL 5672

Sheen,Bobby The way of love / The shelter of your arms CAPITOL 5984

Sheen,Bobby Love stealing / Come on and love me CHELSEA 3034

Sheen,Bobby My shoes keep walking back to you / I want you for my sweetheart DIMENSION 1043

Sheen,Bobby I may not be what you want / Something new to do W BROS 7662

Sheen,Bobby If ever I dreamed I hurt you / It ain't easy being your fool W BROS 7701

Sheen,Bobby Don't make me do wrong / Payback W BROS 7732

The red ones I have (although the last WB single isn't anything special) - Jordi mentioned 'The shelter...' as being OK.

Agreed about "She taught me..." nice tune it is!

Are there any others - either listed above, or missing, that's worthy of picking up??

Cheer!

Thanks for that John. Funnily enough I seem to have to 45s you don't! The Dimension 45 is maybe Bobby's best pure soul record, great Sam Cooke-influenced big city deep soul in the mould of Bobby Harris, Hoagy Lands etc. The second Warners single is pleasant Muscle Shoals pop-soul: a lot like 'Something New To Do' in approach but without being the killer song that Phillip Mitchell came up with in SNTD. As I mentioned above the other Capitol 45, 'Shelter' is a worthy beat ballad without being spectacular.

Social source share

Thanks for that John. Funnily enough I seem to have to 45s you don't! The Dimension 45 is maybe Bobby's best pure soul record, great Sam Cooke-influenced big city deep soul in the mould of Bobby Harris, Hoagy Lands etc. The second Warners single is pleasant Muscle Shoals pop-soul: a lot like 'Something New To Do' in approach but without being the killer song that Phillip Mitchell came up with in SNTD. As I mentioned above the other Capitol 45, 'Shelter' is a worthy beat ballad without being spectacular.

Thanks Gareth,

I've done a quick bit of surfing and there appears to be only a couple more he released under his own name:

"How Many Nights" / "How Can We Ever Be Together" (Liberty #55459) (1962)

"My Shoes Keep Walking Back To You" / "I Want You For My Sweetheart" (Dimension #1043)

I have actually seen these listed before but guess they may be too early 'R&B' sounding rather than soul - but I could be wrong.

Anyway, I also should mention for those who don't know it, Bobby's part in the Coasters song on Bobby's own label Salsa Picante - an LP track from 1979 called "Love is a funny thing" - Bobby sang lead on this song, which is quite nice too :rolleyes:

The album is called "Coasting"

Edited by John Benson
Social source share

Thanks Gareth,

I've done a quick bit of surfing and there appears to be only a couple more he released under his own name:

"How Many Nights" / "How Can We Ever Be Together" (Liberty #55459) (1962)

"My Shoes Keep Walking Back To You" / "I Want You For My Sweetheart" (Dimension #1043)

I have actually seen these listed before but guess they may be too early 'R&B' sounding rather than soul - but I could be wrong.

John.... you've mentioned this one in your original list.... so just the Liberty release to add on :rolleyes: ....

p.s. I have it somewhere if you wanted sound clips of both sides....

Edited by vaultofsouler
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert