Wow What A Tune

Guest Bearsy

Guest Bearsy

A dj known to me (wont say his name incase he is keeping it under wraps for now) has just aquired a simply awsome Northern Soul tune and hearing it for the first time out on a loud system simply blew me away :rolleyes: ,

Tommy and the Derbys - Dont play that role

wow i want a copy :thumbup: i can dream but for me thats what its all about biggrin.gif:lol:

sound file anyone please :D

Social source share

• Replies 22
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

A dj known to me (wont say his name incase he is keeping it under wraps for now) has just aquired a simply awsome Northern Soul tune and hearing it for the first time out on a loud system simply blew me away :rolleyes: ,

wow i want a copy :thumbup: i can dream but for me thats what its all about :lol::D

sound file anyone please :(

Ian played that on his show

P smile.gif

Social source share

A dj known to me (wont say his name incase he is keeping it under wraps for now) has just aquired a simply awsome Northern Soul tune and hearing it for the first time out on a loud system simply blew me away :thumbup: ,

wow i want a copy yes.gif i can dream but for me thats what its all about :lol::D

sound file anyone please :(

Great tune Bearsy :rolleyes: - might be dropping it at Monumental on Saturday. It's Tommy Tate. Old Butch cover up.

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

Great tune Bearsy :thumbup: - might be dropping it at Monumental on Saturday. It's Tommy Tate. Old Butch cover up.

Tommy Tate :rolleyes: just how rare is this Steve and what aint you got biggrin.gif

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

You heard it at the first Lifeline you went to Bearsy coverd up . :lol:

Did i :thumbup: cant remember too much of that first Lifeline Simon :rolleyes: was i covered up laugh.gif

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

Thanks Ian :rolleyes: i can go to work now with this going through my head for the rest of the day :thumbup:

rare dont always mean quality but this really is quality :lol: well it is to my ears :thumbup:

Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

by all accounts it is actually tommy tate, the b side of tommy tate's "im taking on pain" on okeh "are you from heaven" is very similar

Yes it is Tommy Tate.

One went on Ebay beginning of April

Tommy & The Derby's "Don't Play That Role" / "Handy Andy" Swing - $2,651.00

Social source share

Tommy Tate with Dorothy Moore on backing vocals & the Imperial Show Band..........recorded in the grease pit of a garage apparently......the forerunner of the Grits n Gravy set up.....Butch's Little Jerry Williams c/up which had us all in raptures for years........

Russ

Social source share

wow i want a copy :lol: i can dream but for me thats what its all about biggrin.gif:lol:

sound file anyone please :ohmy:

Current big spin for Ginger Taylor at Prestwich on this Friday, Great Record!

Social source share

by all accounts it is actually tommy tate, the b side of tommy tate's "im taking on pain" on okeh "are you from heaven" is very similar

:rolleyes: .I can't see the similarity between "AYFH" and "DPTR",sorry!!.

Wasn't there a peice on here about Maria O becoming the owner of a copy of Tommy & the Derby's?

Social source share

Wasn't there a peice on here about Maria O becoming the owner of a copy of Tommy & the Derby's?

I was just reading this thread thinking...not this record again :rolleyes:

Regret posting anything about it to be honest, but forget myself online now and then.

Rather than cover old ground by others, here's 3 old old threads about this record - click to read:

[ click - JAN 08 etc ]

[ click - other JAN 08 etc ]

[ click - MAY 08 etc ]

m

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

I'm probably committing soul heresy here, but i'm not a big fan. I've heard it described as the epitomy of a northern soul record and perfect for today's scene etc... while i agree it's catchy (whenever i hear it i'm always singing the first few bars for days after) it's a bit dreary to dance to and i'm someone who loves mid-tempo dancers (i even love dancing to Buddy Smith).

Sorry Bearsy :rolleyes:

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

I'm probably committing soul heresy here, but i'm not a big fan. I've heard it described as the epitomy of a northern soul record and perfect for today's scene etc... while i agree it's catchy (whenever i hear it i'm always singing the first few bars for days after) it's a bit dreary to dance to and i'm someone who loves mid-tempo dancers (i even love dancing to Buddy Smith).

Sorry Bearsy :thumbup:

Dont be sorry Matt its all about persoanl taste and every now and then when my brain is in gear something just blows me away and this certainly does it for me :lol:

so and so covered this up, current big spin for ???? its worth x?? blimey i do need to get out more :wicked::shhh::lol:

Bearsy

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert