Roy Hamilton Crackin' Up

• Replies 22
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Cheers Harry, the issue does seem £25-50 more though - does look lovely in black though :thumbsup:

Agreed. Thos black RCA issues are very easy on the eye. Just look every bit an expensive record, great quality. Tim Brown's old price guide book (the green one) has a great page of black RCA issue scans.

Not sure price wise on the Roy Hamilton though, sorry

Social source share

Hi, looking to sell this & with prices all over the place at the mo have been checking around - is the black issue rarer than the WDJ, 'cos it seems to be more expensive from what I can see? Cheers

Steve

YES!!!

Social source share

Hi, looking to sell this & with prices all over the place at the mo have been checking around - is the black issue rarer than the WDJ, 'cos it seems to be more expensive from what I can see? Cheers

Steve

Reckon around the £150 mark if it's a minter.

Social source share

Agreed. Thos black RCA issues are very easy on the eye. Just look every bit an expensive record, great quality. Tim Brown's old price guide book (the green one) has a great page of black RCA issue scans.

Not sure price wise on the Roy Hamilton though, sorry

Yep, don't want to sell it but times is hard, what with me old mum's eyes to pay for, operations for the kids and the wifes medication........... :thumbsup:

'Course I might just blow the funds on a suit instead, cheers jimmy

Social source share

Off on a tangent...I've got a Roy Hamiliton MGM 7" with the man himself singing in Japanese...unfortunately it isn't 'The panic is on', but it is the awsome ballad, 'The willow'. I wonder how many takes it took him?! :D

And was he reading the lyrics from a book? :thumbup:

Social source share

Off on a tangent...I've got a Roy Hamiliton MGM 7" with the man himself singing in Japanese...unfortunately it isn't 'The panic is on', but it is the awsome ballad, 'The willow'. I wonder how many takes it took him?!

:thumbup:

The Lirrow by Loy Hamilton - Think we need to hear this if you can refosoul it?

Social source share

:lol:

Only played it out twice, other than that it's as clean as the day the great man cut it!

Ah well, back in the box it goes then, if i can't tempt you!

:huh:

Sean

If you're thinking of flogging it I hope you have more luck than me 'cos I've got a

Black issue in Ex condition for £100 or offer on my list and still nothing

whistling.gif

Social source share

The Lirrow by Loy Hamilton - Think we need to hear this if you can refosoul it?

Only if you promise to record/upload onto YouTube yourself singing along to it!

:thumbsup:

Acetates...I had one for his 'Heartache hurry on by'...another nice slab o'moody-midtempness! Inspired by this talk of acetates I am now going to sniff...'er I mean play some!

Social source share

Only if you promise to record/upload onto YouTube yourself singing along to it!

:lol:

Acetates...I had one for his 'Heartache hurry on by'...another nice slab o'moody-midtempness! Inspired by this talk of acetates I am now going to sniff...'er I mean play some!

Believe me Flynny if you'd ever heard me sing the Japanese lingo'd be the least of your worries :shout:

You be careful with those acetates, makes you hear helicopters :thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert