Imagine What Would Happen If

Guest Matt Male

it would be totally unfair to say that the KH is shit, it isnt, all im saying is when it started it seemed to be all about things like Moses Smith Girl Across The Street / Ronnie McNeir Sitting In My Class / Lou Johnson Unsatisfied / Marvin Gaye This Old Heart (Its Killing Me) etc etc and then it seemed to shift and everyone was playing Doug Banks I Kept On Dancing / Kurt Harris Emperor Of My Babys Heart etc which I agree are amazing tunes, but if im at a nighter, (especially if i chose to enhance my night the way some of you used to) it doesnt give me the thrills im looking for....

I'm just trying to understand where you are coming from with your posts. Are you trying to say that you wish things had stayed the same at Stoke and the music hadn't moved on? It sounds from the list above that they just moved from one set of oldies to a different set of oldies. When i got into this scene at 13 (around the same age as you) it was all about new sounds and changing sets and new discoveries every week and a big turnover of records. We certainly didn't want things to stand still. If that's what you want then i couldn't diagree more.

As for dancing, i can't say i've noticed less dancing at all. Try Lifeline or Middleton (now at Maxims) and watch the full dancefloors there. Or if you prefer oldies come the the Coop in Nuneaton on 20th June, the dancefloor there is packed from start to finish.

Social source share

• Replies 52
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Scarborosoul

And lest anyone who wasn't there (you poor, sad wretches) suspect that Scarborosoul is prone to nostalgic wallowing and ludicrous exaggeration, I can assure you - as a dancefloor-scarred Wigan vet - that if anything he is understating what it was like.

I would say it was like being Jesus Christ and Elvis Presley (when he was the Hillbilly Cat, not Cheeseburger Elvis) rolled into one, in The Beatles while riding Red Rum to victory on the first moon landing (but with more atmosphere).

All young people, top yourself now. Mind you, suicide isn't anywhere near as good as it was in my day, so I wouldn't bother.

hahahahahah nutter!!!

Rick

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert