Tsu Tornadoes

post-13983-1243434073_thumb.jpg

Although I've known this for 25years and had handfulls of US issues, it's the first time I've come across a pic sleeve. Looks good to me but when it arrived today I found that the labels were reversed.

Has anyone out there got any information on this and were they on general release.

Cheers

Kev

Social source share

• Replies 27
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Pointman

Although I've known this for 25years and had handfulls of US issues, it's the first time I've come across a pic sleeve. Looks good to me but when it arrived today I found that the labels were reversed.

Has anyone out there got any information on this and were they on general release.

Cheers

Kev

Wow thanks for sharing. I pick up anything and everything related to the TSU toronadoes and or Ovide. I live in Houston and have never come across one of these before. Very cool.

Social source share

Wow thanks for sharing. I pick up anything and everything related to the TSU toronadoes and or Ovide. I live in Houston and have never come across one of these before. Very cool.

I'm thinking then that this pic sleeve didn't get a US release?

Love the cover -a nice bit of artwork IMO

Kev

Social source share

I've got one exactly the same,from Germany with misspelled Toronadoes on the front and label's reversed and R stamped on both side's.Probably sent over for American forces in the 60s,play's like it was made yesterday.

post-7930-1243519087_thumb.jpg

Edited by 22ndsoul
Social source share

Guest Mick Donnelly

Could it be it was pulled because they spelt the group name Tornadoes rather than Toronadoes ?.. was it

mis-splelt on the record also?

Social source share

I've got one exactly the same,from Germany with misspelled Toronadoes on the front and label's reversed and R stamped on both side's.Probably sent over for American forces in the 60s,play's like it was made yesterday.

Snap. only one R stamp on mine. I'm still wondering if they went on general release in Germany with the reversed labels? Or if there are any copies out there without the labels reversed.

Kev

Social source share

Can you scan the label Kev ? Looks like a regular German release from the sleeve to me. Although not common there are a fair few spelling/grammer mistakes on Euro releases of American 45s, for instance my German copy of The Masqueraders "I Aint Got To Love Nobody Else" is printed "I Aint Got To Love Somebody Else".

Also my German Joe Simon "Drowning In The Sea Of Love" plays a different track from the LP.

I've also seen the "wrong" artist on the pic sleeve or some unknown "dude" instead of the correct singer.

I"m sure some of the German members will know more about this particular one when they see this thread.

Nice find tho :thumbsup:

Cheers Paul

Social source share

Blimey...you never stop learning new things! In all my 25 years of collecting here in Berlin I have NEVER EVER seen this release. Its unbelievable to see what has been released here. Just a few months ago a fellow Soul Source posted the scan of a german rel. of the Lollipops "Love Is the Only Answer" and now oyu come with your TSU Toronados!

fantastic.

Marc

Social source share

Probably sent over for American forces in the 60s,play's like it was made yesterday.

No, they were pressed in Germany for the German public to enjoy and buy. The members of the forces had their own shops were they bought their own US produced stuff (was much cheaper compared to be buying in German stores).

German Atlantic did release an awful lot of stuff. Sadly theres no discography for it, also not for German Decca, London and CBS and a lot of others...I bet there are still treasuries waiting to be discovered.

The rarest German releases (all with pic covers) so far in my book are

Lollipops

Marvin Gaye (sings in German)

Four Tops (sing in German)

Melvin London

TSU Toronados

..from the top of my head and of to be added and corrected ;-)

Wilson Pickett "Baby Don`t You Weep" and Metros "Since I Found My Baby" are also dear but not as rare as the above

Marc

Edited by Marc Forrest
Social source share

No, they were pressed in Germany for the German public to enjoy and buy. The members of the forces had their own shops were they bought their own US produced stuff (was much cheaper compared to be buying in German stores).

German Atlantic did release an awful lot of stuff. Sadly theres no discography for it, also not for German Decca, London and CBS and a lot of others...I bet there are still treasuries waiting to be discovered.

Lollipops

Melvin London

TSU Toronados

Wilson Pickett "Baby Don`t You Weep" and Metros "Since I Found My Baby" are also dear but not as rare as the above

Marc

What about the Baltimore and ohio marching band - Condition red on German London with Pic sleeeve

Not seen many of them !

Social source share

Can you scan the label Kev ? Looks like a regular German release from the sleeve to me. Although not common there are a fair few spelling/grammer mistakes on Euro releases of American 45s, for instance my German copy of The Masqueraders "I Aint Got To Love Nobody Else" is printed "I Aint Got To Love Somebody Else".

Also my German Joe Simon "Drowning In The Sea Of Love" plays a different track from the LP.

I've also seen the "wrong" artist on the pic sleeve or some unknown "dude" instead of the correct singer.

I"m sure some of the German members will know more about this particular one when they see this thread.

Nice find tho :rolleyes:

Cheers Paul

Here are the label scans Paul.

post-13983-1243496047_thumb.jpgpost-13983-1243496017_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Thanks for the information guys. I thought it looked a bit special when I spied it. Can't imagine why no-one else bid on it!

Cheers

Kev

ALSO CAME OUT IN FRANCE, ON YELLOW ATLANTIC.

BRI PINCH.

SUNDAY CHILLOUT, 7TH JUNE, HORSE AND GROOM PUB. EAST LAITH GATE, DONCASTER.

Social source share

Cheers

Kev

I have the same 45 Kev, along with Pic Sleeve as shown.

Had it for about 20 years.

Labels are reversed on my copy too!

thumbsup.gif

Sean

Social source share

Lollipops

Melvin London

TSU Toronados

Marc

What about Mixed Emotions "Gold of my life", must be the rarest?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert