Lp's Vs 45's

Hi everybody just wondering why is it when you mention Lps to some collectors there not intrested in them I know 45's or more desirable and cool and the northern scene is more single based but why not bother with LP'S ?

Social source share

• Replies 16
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Cant have one without the other imo,just started getting alot of my lps back after i let alot go in the late eighties ,lps give you a more grounded view of soul music imho as opposed to the restrictions collecting 45 only give you !!!

Pehaps there is a massive vacume between some northern soul collectors looking for the holy grail and real soul collectors looking for pure unadulterated soul?

PS can someone post the link up of all the essential lps to get I need to dip into it again and again and again lol.

BAZ A :(

Social source share

Cant have one without the other imo,just started getting alot of my lps back after i let alot go in the late eighties ,lps give you a more grounded view of soul music imho as opposed to the restrictions collecting 45 only give you !!!

Pehaps there is a massive vacume between some northern soul collectors looking for the holy grail and real soul collectors looking for pure unadulterated soul?

PS can someone post the link up of all the essential lps to get I need to dip into it again and again and again lol.

There may be a few in here Baz - just having a clear down.....I'll even bung you a 20% discount if ya need any of 'em.......

Artist Albums:-

Angelo Bond "Bondage" US ABC Promo ABCD 889 VG+ (writing on cover but vinyl perfect) £6.00

Vernon Burch "I'll Be Your Sunshine" UK U.A. 29743 M (UK Copy Rare) £20.00

The Chi-Lites "Chi-Litetime" - The Very Best Of The Chi-Lites" UK London SHU 8520 M £5.00

The Chi-Lites "Greatest Hits" UK Brunswick BRLS 3003 M £5.00

Lou Courtney "I'm In Need Of Love" UK Soul Brother LP SBCS 2 M £5.00

Lamont Dozier "Right There" UK Warner Bros BS 2929 M £8.00

The Dramatics "Best Of The Dramatics" UK Stax STX 1047 M- £8.00

The Dramatics "The Dramatic Jackpot" US ABC ABCD 867 M £6.00

The Dramatics "Drama V" US ABC ABCL 5150 VG+ £8.00

The Four Tops "Greatest Hits" UK Tamla Motown STML 11061 G £4.00

Aretha Franklin "Ten Years Of Gold" US Atlantic SD 18204 M £5.00

Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell "Greatest Hits" European Tamla Motown WL72103 M £4.00

Al Green "Greatest Hits" UK London SHU 8481 M £6.00

Al Green "Call Me" UK London SHU 8457 M £8.00

Al Green "Al" UK Beechwood Music Promo AGREELP 1 M £4.00

Donny Hathaway "The Best Of Donny Hathaway" UK Atlantic K50525 M £10.00

The Isley Brothers "Super Hits" UK Tamla Motown STMA 8024 M (with brilliant Motown 45 Sleeve) £8.00

Millie Jackson "Caught Up" UK Polydor 2391 147 VG+ £5.00

Millie Jackson "Still Caught Up" UK Polydor 2391 183 VG+ £5.00

Millie Jackson "Free & In Love" UK Polydor 2391 215 VG (slight kink in sleeve but otherwise OK) £8.00

Janice "Janice" US Fantasy MPF 4523 M £5.00

Eddie Kendricks "Eddie Kendricks" US Tamla T327L M £6.00

Eddie Kendricks "At His Best" UK Tamla Motown Promo STML 12080 M £8.00

Gladys Knight & The Pips "Everybody Needs Love" UK Tamla Motown STMS 5039 M- (containing "Ain't No Sun Since You've Been Gone") £10.00

Gladys Knight & The Pips "Memories Of The Way We Were" Dbl LP UK Buddah BDLD 2004 VG £3.00

LTG Exchange "LTG Exchange" UK RCA SF8420 M (UK Copy Rare) £30.00

The Miracles "City Of Angels" UK Tamla Motown STML 12010 M- £5.00

The O'Jays "In Philadelphia" UK Epic SEPC 65469 VG+ (contains "One Night Affair", "Looky Looky", "Deeper" etc - plain white sleeve) £6.00

The O'Jays "Collectors Items: Greatest Hits" UK Philadelphia International SPIR 86058 M £4.00

David Ruffin "At His Best" UK Tamla Motown Stickered Promo STML 12079 M £6.00

Joe Simon "Love Vibrations" US Spring SP -1-6720 VG+ £3.00

Edwin Starr "Soul Master" UK Tamla Motown TML 11094 VG (all the Ric Tic Goodies & "My Weakness Is You") £6.00

The Temptations "Anthology" (2LP) UK Tamla Motown Stickered Promo TMSP 6003 M £6.00

The Temptations "All The Million Sellers" US Motown M5-212V1 M £4.00

Jackie Wilson "Greatest Hits" UK Brunswick BRLS 3004 M £6.00

Bobby Womack "Bobby Womack's Greatest Hits" US United Artists UA-LA346G M £5.00

Bobby Womack "Greatest Hits" US Liberty LN 10171 M £5.00

Bobby Womack "Somebody Special" UK Liberty Stickered Promo EG26 0250 1 M £5.00

Bobby Womack "The Poet" UK Motown STML 12168 M £5.00

Bobby Womack "The Poet 2" US Beverly Glen BG 10003 M £8.00

Some Compilations:-

Various Artists "Disco-Trek" UK Atlantic K30056 M £30

Rare UK pressing containing Tom Moulton mixes on Blue Magic "Look Me Up", Sons Of Robin Stone "Got To Get You Back", Sister Sledge "Mama Never Told Me", Clyde Brown "You Call Me Back", Jackie Moore "Time", Sweet Inspirations "This World", The Valentinos "I Can Understand It" and United 8 "Getting Uptown (To Get Down)"

Various Artists "Chelsea Chartbusters" UK Chelsea Super 2306 111 M £10.00

Containing Linda Carr & The Love Squad, Dee Clark, Lulu, New York City, William Devaughn, Disco Tex and Jim Gilstrap tracks

Various Artists "Hot Wax Greatest Hits" US Hot Wax HA-710 M £10.00

Containing Honey Cone "Want Ads" & "Stick Up", 100% Proof (Aged In Soul) "Somebody's Been Sleepin'", "Too Many Cooks (Spoil The Soup)" & "90 Day Freeze (On Her Love)", Flaming Ember "Mind Body & Soul", "Westbound No.9" & "I'm Not My Brother's Keeper", Laura Lee "Women's Love Rights" and Silent Majority "Frightened Girl"

Various Artists "The Mercury Mobile Discotheque" UK Mercury 6338 153 M £30.00

Rare UK pressing containing Jerry Butler "One Night Affair", Marion Love "I Want To Do (everything For You)", Chuck Brooks "Baby Please Don't Set Me Free", Bill Brandon "Stop This Merry Go Round", Mark 1V "Honey I Still Love You", Prince Harold "Forget About Me", Krystal Generation "Wanted Dead Or Alive", Newby & Johnson "Sweet Happiness", Joe Tex "I Gotcha", Bobby Hebb "Love Love Love", Don Covay "Overtime Man", Jerry Butler & Brenda Lee Eager "Ain't Understanding Mellow", Bill Brandon "I Am Free Of Your Love" and Jimmy Castor "Bang Bag"

Postage:

UK & NORTHERN IRELAND

LPs £3.00 and £1.00 each thereafter.

EUROPE

LPs £4.00 and £1.50 thereafter

UNITED STATES & REST OF WORLD

LPs £5.50 and £2.50 thereafter.

All records will be shipped in a well-packaged professional standard cardboard record mailers.

Happy hunting.

Ian D :D

Social source share

There may be a few in here Baz - just having a clear down.....I'll even bung you a 20% discount if ya need any of 'em.......

Artist Albums:-

Angelo Bond "Bondage" US ABC Promo ABCD 889 VG+ (writing on cover but vinyl perfect) £6.00

Vernon Burch "I'll Be Your Sunshine" UK U.A. 29743 M (UK Copy Rare) £20.00

The Chi-Lites "Chi-Litetime" - The Very Best Of The Chi-Lites" UK London SHU 8520 M £5.00

The Chi-Lites "Greatest Hits" UK Brunswick BRLS 3003 M £5.00

Lou Courtney "I'm In Need Of Love" UK Soul Brother LP SBCS 2 M £5.00

Lamont Dozier "Right There" UK Warner Bros BS 2929 M £8.00

The Dramatics "Best Of The Dramatics" UK Stax STX 1047 M- £8.00

The Dramatics "The Dramatic Jackpot" US ABC ABCD 867 M £6.00

The Dramatics "Drama V" US ABC ABCL 5150 VG+ £8.00

The Four Tops "Greatest Hits" UK Tamla Motown STML 11061 G £4.00

Aretha Franklin "Ten Years Of Gold" US Atlantic SD 18204 M £5.00

Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell "Greatest Hits" European Tamla Motown WL72103 M £4.00

Al Green "Greatest Hits" UK London SHU 8481 M £6.00

Al Green "Call Me" UK London SHU 8457 M £8.00

Al Green "Al" UK Beechwood Music Promo AGREELP 1 M £4.00

Donny Hathaway "The Best Of Donny Hathaway" UK Atlantic K50525 M £10.00

The Isley Brothers "Super Hits" UK Tamla Motown STMA 8024 M (with brilliant Motown 45 Sleeve) £8.00

Millie Jackson "Caught Up" UK Polydor 2391 147 VG+ £5.00

Millie Jackson "Still Caught Up" UK Polydor 2391 183 VG+ £5.00

Millie Jackson "Free & In Love" UK Polydor 2391 215 VG (slight kink in sleeve but otherwise OK) £8.00

Janice "Janice" US Fantasy MPF 4523 M £5.00

Eddie Kendricks "Eddie Kendricks" US Tamla T327L M £6.00

Eddie Kendricks "At His Best" UK Tamla Motown Promo STML 12080 M £8.00

Gladys Knight & The Pips "Everybody Needs Love" UK Tamla Motown STMS 5039 M- (containing "Ain't No Sun Since You've Been Gone") £10.00

Gladys Knight & The Pips "Memories Of The Way We Were" Dbl LP UK Buddah BDLD 2004 VG £3.00

LTG Exchange "LTG Exchange" UK RCA SF8420 M (UK Copy Rare) £30.00

The Miracles "City Of Angels" UK Tamla Motown STML 12010 M- £5.00

The O'Jays "In Philadelphia" UK Epic SEPC 65469 VG+ (contains "One Night Affair", "Looky Looky", "Deeper" etc - plain white sleeve) £6.00

The O'Jays "Collectors Items: Greatest Hits" UK Philadelphia International SPIR 86058 M £4.00

David Ruffin "At His Best" UK Tamla Motown Stickered Promo STML 12079 M £6.00

Joe Simon "Love Vibrations" US Spring SP -1-6720 VG+ £3.00

Edwin Starr "Soul Master" UK Tamla Motown TML 11094 VG (all the Ric Tic Goodies & "My Weakness Is You") £6.00

The Temptations "Anthology" (2LP) UK Tamla Motown Stickered Promo TMSP 6003 M £6.00

The Temptations "All The Million Sellers" US Motown M5-212V1 M £4.00

Jackie Wilson "Greatest Hits" UK Brunswick BRLS 3004 M £6.00

Bobby Womack "Bobby Womack's Greatest Hits" US United Artists UA-LA346G M £5.00

Bobby Womack "Greatest Hits" US Liberty LN 10171 M £5.00

Bobby Womack "Somebody Special" UK Liberty Stickered Promo EG26 0250 1 M £5.00

Bobby Womack "The Poet" UK Motown STML 12168 M £5.00

Bobby Womack "The Poet 2" US Beverly Glen BG 10003 M £8.00

Some Compilations:-

Various Artists "Disco-Trek" UK Atlantic K30056 M £30

Rare UK pressing containing Tom Moulton mixes on Blue Magic "Look Me Up", Sons Of Robin Stone "Got To Get You Back", Sister Sledge "Mama Never Told Me", Clyde Brown "You Call Me Back", Jackie Moore "Time", Sweet Inspirations "This World", The Valentinos "I Can Understand It" and United 8 "Getting Uptown (To Get Down)"

Various Artists "Chelsea Chartbusters" UK Chelsea Super 2306 111 M £10.00

Containing Linda Carr & The Love Squad, Dee Clark, Lulu, New York City, William Devaughn, Disco Tex and Jim Gilstrap tracks

Various Artists "Hot Wax Greatest Hits" US Hot Wax HA-710 M £10.00

Containing Honey Cone "Want Ads" & "Stick Up", 100% Proof (Aged In Soul) "Somebody's Been Sleepin'", "Too Many Cooks (Spoil The Soup)" & "90 Day Freeze (On Her Love)", Flaming Ember "Mind Body & Soul", "Westbound No.9" & "I'm Not My Brother's Keeper", Laura Lee "Women's Love Rights" and Silent Majority "Frightened Girl"

Various Artists "The Mercury Mobile Discotheque" UK Mercury 6338 153 M £30.00

Rare UK pressing containing Jerry Butler "One Night Affair", Marion Love "I Want To Do (everything For You)", Chuck Brooks "Baby Please Don't Set Me Free", Bill Brandon "Stop This Merry Go Round", Mark 1V "Honey I Still Love You", Prince Harold "Forget About Me", Krystal Generation "Wanted Dead Or Alive", Newby & Johnson "Sweet Happiness", Joe Tex "I Gotcha", Bobby Hebb "Love Love Love", Don Covay "Overtime Man", Jerry Butler & Brenda Lee Eager "Ain't Understanding Mellow", Bill Brandon "I Am Free Of Your Love" and Jimmy Castor "Bang Bag"

Postage:

UK & NORTHERN IRELAND

LPs £3.00 and £1.00 each thereafter.

EUROPE

LPs £4.00 and £1.50 thereafter

UNITED STATES & REST OF WORLD

LPs £5.50 and £2.50 thereafter.

All records will be shipped in a well-packaged professional standard cardboard record mailers.

Happy hunting.

Ian D :(

:D ahhhh go on then pm me your paypal mate ill have caught up and stiill caught up -the impeccable Millie !!

BAZ A

Social source share

:( ahhhh go on then pm me your paypal mate ill have caught up and stiill caught up -the impeccable Millie !!

BAZ A

LOL, virtually two of the best-ever albums for wrist-slashing, gut-wrenching Soul Baz and obviously they should be in every collection! Both original UK Polydors too ya lucky bugger.......glad they're going to a decent home!

Will PM ya.....

Social source share

Liking the sound of the 20% can you get some more up Ian?

I've got some other bits and pieces up on Discogs but I think these are probably the ones which will appeal to an older Soul audience. I'm still going through stuff so when I have a mo I'll stick some more up.

I do have thousands of 45's which I still haven't got round to sticking up yet with quite a bit of Deep stuff in there so If I see any up your street I'll give you a shout......

In the meantime it may be worth having a trawl through here all LP's and 12"'s that I've listed to date (if you don't mind wading through a lot of Disco, Jazz-Funk and Commercial gear: https://www.discogs.com/sell/list?seller=Mastercuts

Best,

Social source share

I've got some other bits and pieces up on Discogs but I think these are probably the ones which will appeal to an older Soul audience. I'm still going through stuff so when I have a mo I'll stick some more up.

I do have thousands of 45's which I still haven't got round to sticking up yet with quite a bit of Deep stuff in there so If I see any up your street I'll give you a shout......

In the meantime it may be worth having a trawl through here all LP's and 12"'s that I've listed to date (if you don't mind wading through a lot of Disco, Jazz-Funk and Commercial gear: https://www.discogs.com/sell/list?seller=Mastercuts

Best,

[

ILL DO A JOB LOT ON THE DEEP AND CROSSOVER IF YOUR REASONBLE MATE £PER UNIT -JUST PM ME WHEN READY AND WELL HAVE A CHAT .

Social source share

:D ahhhh go on then pm me your paypal mate ill have caught up and stiill caught up -the impeccable Millie !!

BAZ A

You'll honestly never buy two better Femme Soul LP's Baz.

I have to listen to both albums in succession, each and every month, purely to recalibrate my tastebuds and to prevent me from getting sucked into the lightweight pap and mush that some folk, these days, tend to try and pass off as Soul Music! :(

:D

Sean

Social source share

I have to listen to both albums in succession, each and every month, purely to recalibrate my tastebuds and to prevent me from getting sucked into the lightweight pap and mush that some folk, these days, tend to try and pass off as Soul Music! :(

:D

Sean

Very eloquent as ever Mr Hampsey ,no chance of you getting sucked into rubbish mate,do know what you mean but i refer to dells v dramatics and the originals portrait of to ground me and subtly remind me ofthe bigger picture !!!!

BAZ A

PS YOUR QUITE UP ON NEW RELEASES CD WISE SEAN A FEW RECOMMENDS MIGHT NOT GO ASTRAY MATE!!! :D

Social source share

I have to listen to both albums in succession, each and every month, purely to recalibrate my tastebuds and to prevent me from getting sucked into the lightweight pap and mush that some folk, these days, tend to try and pass off as Soul Music! :unsure:

thumbsup.gif

Sean

Agreed. We were spoilt with the sheer quality of these two - two of the most successful 'themed' Soul albums ever made. Early Millie never disappoints........

Ian D :shhh:

Social source share

Very eloquent as ever Mr Hampsey ,no chance of you getting sucked into rubbish mate,do know what you mean but i refer to dells v dramatics and the originals portrait of to ground me and subtly remind me ofthe bigger picture !!!!

BAZ A

PS YOUR QUITE UP ON NEW RELEASES CD WISE SEAN A FEW RECOMMENDS MIGHT NOT GO ASTRAY MATE!!! :D

Your wish is my command mate.

pm me your address and I'll send you a comp.

:thumbup:

Sean

Social source share

BAZ A :rolleyes:

Well said my friend, somebody saying they are only interested in 45,s are only interested in the novelty, not the search for killer soul, in soul perspective what is the thinking of someone turning down for example The Hesitations "Born Free" set cos they aint interested in albums.

Kev

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

"Bondage" and Janice for a fiver apiece - how could anyone who doesn't have either or both of 'em resist? (says someone who does have 'em, and who probably paid close to that for 'em when they were new releases...)

(oops, just noticed Angelo B. is an 'ill octopus' - still an unbelievable bargain!)

Edited by TONY ROUNCE
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert