Audrey Slo - Gonna Find The Right Boy - Swan

OK well I can honestly say I've only ever had this record twice, and last week was the first one I've had since 2000, and I know I'm not John Manship or Pat Brady but I do see and sell an awful lot of records - so I was stunned to see it only booked at £30 in the latest price guide. So I knew that couldn't be right, I listed it at £125 and I've had 4 calls on it so far.

What a fantastic record too, both sides, if I could get audacity to work I'd record it for you, but John, £30? It's way rarer than some of the records you auction in my opinion.

Social source share

• Replies 26
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

OK well I can honestly say I've only ever had this record twice, and last week was the first one I've had since 2000, and I know I'm not John Manship or Pat Brady but I do see and sell an awful lot of records - so I was stunned to see it only booked at £30 in the latest price guide. So I knew that couldn't be right, I listed it at £125 and I've had 4 calls on it so far.

What a fantastic record too, both sides, if I could get audacity to work I'd record it for you, but John, £30? It's way rarer than some of the records you auction in my opinion.

Pete great tune, I picked up a copy of this around 1988 and payed £40 for it then. Since then I dont think I`ve seen more than 2 or 3 copies up for sale. I`ve still got mine too, price wise the guide must be way way off.

Jumpin Joan put it on a tape for me about 87 and it took me a year or so to pick one up back then. I think it had just been uncovered, cant remember what it was c/u as.

Andy

Social source share

Pete great tune, I picked up a copy of this around 1988 and payed £40 for it then. Since then I dont think I`ve seen more than 2 or 3 copies up for sale. I`ve still got mine too, price wise the guide must be way way off.

Jumpin Joan put it on a tape for me about 87 and it took me a year or so to pick one up back then. I think it had just been uncovered, cant remember what it was c/u as.

Andy

must say its another ive never heard or heard off, love to hear a soundclip if anyone has one. Must be good if Mr Smith rates it :)

Edited by grant
Social source share

must say its another ive never heard or heard off, love to hear a soundclip if anyone has one. Must be good if Mr Smith rates it :)

I'd record it for you but I already packed it ready to post, besides I can't get the settings right on audacity.

Social source share

I picked this up on ebay a few years back for £60, then moved it on last year on here. Couldn't get on with her vocal at some points, although the instrumental is good. Ady Lupton has or had it for a long while as well.

That's were i remember it being sold last- on here,must have been you Mulf biggrin.gif .I think one may have gone thru ebay as well last year. :)

Social source share

We've had this 45 in bucket fulls, over the years, RARE? Last copies we listed and sold were in december 2006 to J. Tindall and then Martin Gavin both for £30 each. I'm sure when I get back round to the S's in stock to process, I'll lift the price somewhat as it doesn't seem to turn up too much these days.

Every price in the guide is what we sold it for. I remember a box of these coming from Rip Lays, so no it's not rare but in the 2009 it is somewhat elusive.. If you got £125 for it good luck to ya..

Edited by john manship
Social source share

We've had this 45 in bucket fulls, over the years, RARE? Last copies we listed and sold were in december 2006 to J. Tindall and then Martin Gavin both for £30 each. I'm sure when I get back round to the S's in stock to process, I'll lift the price somewhat as it doesn't seem to turn up too much these days.

Every price in the guide is what we sold it for. I remember a box of these coming from Rip Lays, so no it's not rare but in the 2009 it is somewhat elusive.. If you got £125 for it good luck to ya..

So everyone else thinks it's rare except yourself? :(

£200 for the next copy, you watch.

p.s. I'd already sold it when I posted this topic so I wasn't trying to hype it up...like I said, 2 copies in nearly 10 years but over a dozen jack Montgomery's and two Vickie Baines!

Edited by Pete S
Social source share

So everyone else thinks it's rare except yourself? :(

£200 for the next copy, you watch.

p.s. I'd already sold it when I posted this topic so I wasn't trying to hype it up...like I said, 2 copies in nearly 10 years but over a dozen jack Montgomery's and two Vickie Baines!

You're most probably right, that's why we always hold a copy or two back of any 45 we sell to see if the price moves up, especially on under-exposed 45s which this title definitely is. I'll watch it with interest and if it's starts selling for 3 figures, then we'll list our copies and change the guide price accordingly, thanks for the tip..

Social source share

CAN SAY TE SAME FOR MANY SOUL 45S TO BE HONEST ONE THAT SPRINGS TO MIND IS CHARLENE AND THE SOUL SERENADERS ON THE ISSUE NOW FETCHING A TIDY AMOUNT AND SO ON AND SO FORTH,IN GENERAL THE QUIDE STILL DELIVERS ON A VAST AMOUNT OF SOUL RECORDS AND OFCOURSE THER AUTHENTICATION.

BAZ A :(

Social source share

CAN SAY TE SAME FOR MANY SOUL 45S TO BE HONEST ONE THAT SPRINGS TO MIND IS CHARLENE AND THE SOUL SERENADERS ON THE ISSUE NOW FETCHING A TIDY AMOUNT AND SO ON AND SO FORTH,IN GENERAL THE QUIDE STILL DELIVERS ON A VAST AMOUNT OF SOUL RECORDS AND OFCOURSE THER AUTHENTICATION.

BAZ A :(

Just checked on Charlene - Volt 4052 we've sold 9 copies in recent times varying between £20 and £30 but on that info on the file, we'd definitely increase the price of the next listing. That's how this NS collecting thing works, if lot's of people want a record and it's becoming rarer, then the price rises on those market forces.

We review every individual file of every record we process, if the data suggests demand or scarcity the price is adjusted, likewise if we have stock they are not selling particularly fast the price can occasionally go the other way.

Seems Audrey Slo is no longer slow.. There are thousands of cheapies that have risen from the depths of the £25 bracket to become £200+ on the back of DJ plays, talk and unavailability. That's why the smart collectors constantly speculate in the lower price brackets. Once they are gone, they are truly gone..vinyl is not getting any easier to find, especially in neat clean condition.

It's not surprising Audrey Slo in rising in price...

Edited by john manship
Social source share

Picked mine up a few years back for 40 from Ady Pearce, turns out it was Danny Everards old copy. Always played the instr. myself but it needs a big system to really work, I don't think the vocal was played at all when it was first discovered because of, as has been said, the "little girl" qualities!

Social source share

Clearly never heard of the Data Protection Act then John? biggrin.gif There's no chance of me B**s'ing about this one if I want to sell it again. Anyway, it's a crackin' tune on both sides but I do sympathise withose who struggle with the vocals a bit. Anyone wants it I'll sell it for £200, I paid £400 for it after all. :( .

Martin

Social source share

Guest CapitolSC

I picked this up on ebay a few years back for £60, then moved it on last year on here. Couldn't get on with her vocal at some points, although the instrumental is good. Ady Lupton has or had it for a long while as well.

I picked one up on ebay a few years back too, for around the same price, top tune, is not that an easy record to find.

Mrs T

Social source share

On checking back, I played the instrumental at the Dome mid-way through 2001...you sure you didn't buy that copy from me, Jerry?

Shame there are no WD's otherwise I may have kept one...same goes for Richard Anthony (anyone got a recording of the instrumental of 'No good', by the way?!)

:thumbup:

Social source share

I enquired about this record on here a few months ago.

The consensus then was around 125 sovs, if I remember well.

I bought John Vincent's copy, still covered as Milton Wright

'Downtown', at a St.Ives all dayer in 1979.

I also lost the bugger that same day, due to a moment's carelessness

in the record bar.

Edited by macca
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert