New Colony Six

....'I'm Just Waitin' on Sentar. Blue-eyed (Philly?) outfit. Great tune, brought to my attention by someone on here who had it in his recent 'home' playlist. Made it my business to seek a copy out, cheap too! (at the moment).

Has it been played out? Is it well known? It's not in John Manships book and it's a cracking piece of Northern Soul ala 'Garage' style.

Written by T.Orlando who I guess is one 'Tony' of Dawn & 'Tie A Yellow Ribbon...' fame. He is not a band member by the way.

post-4912-1243277546_thumb.jpg

Social source share

• Replies 10
  • Views 908
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

....'I'm Just Waitin' on Sentar. Blue-eyed (Philly?) outfit. Great tune, brought to my attention by someone on here who had it in his recent 'home' playlist. Made it my business to seek a copy out, cheap too! (at the moment).

Has it been played out? Is it well known? It's not in John Manships book and it's a cracking piece of Northern Soul ala 'Garage' style.

Written by T.Orlando who I guess is one 'Tony' of Dawn & 'Tie A Yellow Ribbon...' fame. He is not a band member by the way.

post-4912-1243277546_thumb.jpg

new colony six are from chicago

Social source share

Stateside, everyone knows the New Colony 6.......None of their records are rare except the 1st LP which is fantastic teenbeat/moody garage. Great band! They had many hits, but their later Mercury 45s were the biggest, even though they are in the orchestrated pop style.

Social source share

Stateside, everyone knows the New Colony 6.......None of their records are rare except the 1st LP which is fantastic teenbeat/moody garage. Great band! They had many hits, but their later Mercury 45s were the biggest, even though they are in the orchestrated pop style.

Got their second album through the post this week, 'Colonization' and it's superb, garage, psych and beat (also contains 'I'm Just Waitin').

I've seen their first album go for a few hundred dollars! Great group. :(

Social source share

• 3 months later...
Guest SteveJohnston

Wrong thread I know, but I've got the 45 for sale if anybody's interested...........

Not sure if they will be though after that youtube vid!!

Mark

Mark

The record was made in 67 the youtube vid was live on 26.07.09

This is a brill feel good dancer :thumbup:

Steve J

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!