Lou Pride On British Stax ?

• Replies 17
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

I have just seen a scan of Lou Pride "Im Coming Home" on Stax UK # 130 :lol: ? Can this be real as Stax 130 is JJ Barnes "Baby Please Come Back Home" ? Never heard about Lou Pride on British Stax ? Confused..

No

Social source share

I have just seen a scan of Lou Pride "Im Coming Home" on Stax UK # 130 :lol: ? Can this be real as Stax 130 is JJ Barnes "Baby Please Come Back Home" ? Never heard about Lou Pride on British Stax ? Confused..

Show us the scan. What you think is UK Stax, might not be.

Social source share

Think some ones been playing with windows paint, ive done it myself

Hi Miff, don`get me wrong please...yours looks good. But if the one I am on about is a windows paint work as well they must have done an extremely good job. Having said so on closer inspection I just noticed the label credits Groovesville music which of course would be right for Stax # 130 JJ Barnes but not for a Lou Pride 45...so maybe indeed its a paint job and they forgot to replace Groovesville with Suemi ! Theres always sth..

Social source share

Hi Miff, don`get me wrong please...yours looks good. But if the one I am on about is a windows paint work as well they must have done an extremely good job. Having said so on closer inspection I just noticed the label credits Groovesville music which of course would be right for Stax # 130 JJ Barnes but not for a Lou Pride 45...so maybe indeed its a paint job and they forgot to replace Groovesville with Suemi ! Theres always sth..

Rob Pheasant did all those, a one eyed blind bloke should have spotted they were all fake, all of the fonts are completely wrong, all of the release dates are wrong, and none of those companies woould have licensed those records e.g. Pookie Hudson would have been on London for a start.

Edited by Pete S
Social source share

And what about the dates, Lou Price was actually released in 1971, Pookie Hudson in 65...

I was about to say Lou Pride is a 70s record.

Is Rob Pheasant still around?

I got quite a few tapes off him, late 70s/ early 80s

Edited by davetay
Social source share

I was about to say Lou Pride is a 70s record.

Is Rob Pheasant still around?

I got quite a few tapes off him, late 70s/ early 80s

I used to really like the fact that Rob designed a logo for all his tapes sale lists. Unfortunately his surname wasn't Eagle or Panther or some other 'cool' animal so he had a picture of a pheasant. :lol:

Social source share

Rob Pheasant did all those, a one eyed blind bloke should have spotted they were all fake...

Thanks god I am not...not familiar with UK releases hence my question. But looking at Pookie Hudson of course that shoudl have rang the alarm bell. But was too "shocked" to see the Lou Pride on British to look any further..

Marc

Social source share

Guest Dante

Any of you guys sae this? It's in the Weird Labels section of the site:

"Ever wondered what your favourite Northern Soul 45s would look like on different labels? Labels SO RARE that they haven't even been invented yet!! Check out a few of the example pics above to see what I mean."

Anyway, good job with the fonts and release dates :huh:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert