Ray Atib - Belgium

I could do with some help here. I've been offered some 45s by this guy called Ray Atib ( I think)from Belgium that I have never dealt with before and with all the recent "Belgium rip-offs" I thought I would ask if anyone knows of him? He's trying to push me really hard to make a quick payment through paypal. His email starts soulrun111

Any help greatly appreciated, thanks

Mark

Social source share

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest NASHEE

I could do with some help here. I've been offered some 45s by this guy called Ray Atib ( I think)from Belgium that I have never dealt with before and with all the recent "Belgium rip-offs" I thought I would ask if anyone knows of him? He's trying to push me really hard to make a quick payment through paypal. His email starts soulrun111

Any help greatly appreciated, thanks

Mark

link

I personally dont know any Belgium dealers with this name...But that dosent stand for much.

If you like I could make a few discreet enquiries?

please let me know

best

linda

If he's in Belgium...the emails usually end .be

try asking Salvatore Alongi if Ray Atib is a known seller?...Salvatore is a nice guy...and really trustworthy,

Social source share

Hi

Sounds like the Ray who was offering me records from my wants postings but seemed to disappear when I asked him for his telephone number so that I could hear them. 'Don't have one' was the reply, which was a bit confusing as he was using the internet to reply to me.

Be afraid, be very afraid

Your mate and financial counselor

Warren Boogaloo

Social source share

I'm very wary about unknown dealers too. Begium chap offered me two mint!??copies of Ed Bruce-Gonna Have a Party recently(at the time John Manship had one on auction). He didn't have paypay, and i could only pay via western union/cash..........although that disc is one of my hardest wants, i just couldn't take the risk................

Carl :thumbsup:

Social source share

A guy answered a want of mine claiming to be from the US. The want was for the Camaros on Dar Cha, which money-wise I couldn't afford at the time so we aggreed on a trade for a copy o0f Billy Arnell - Tough girl. I sent the record then never heard from him again............................. :thumbsup:

The reason I have posted up is because his e-mail address started soulrun, but I remember the server been tennis.com or something like that, which seems a bit obscure but if you visit https://www.mail.com you can chose from hundreds of server names, all ending with .com rather than the extension of your country, and you don't need to prove yourself to register, so it's open to anyone from aanywhere really....

Whatch out for folks claiming to be from say the US or Canada as I was skanked out of quite a lot of cash by a guy who supplied scans and an mp3 of a certain record, which I later found in a google history cache of an old ebay item. Never heard from him again, and I later found out by another fella he swindled that he is in fact from Cameroon blush.gif

Reading back through this not quite sure of the point of this post...? wacko.gif

ahem.....

Billy

Social source share

A little tip: when contacted by ANYONE claiming to have something you want, just type their email address into an internet search and see what comes up. If they're trying to skank you it's likely they've done it in the past and have been named and shamed on a number of sites :thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert