Can Some One Plese Settle This For Me

Guest miff

Guest miff

I have in my collection a US Warner Bros, Demo of Young Hearts Run Free, now in the last couple of years ive been looking for another copy of this in all the usual places, and ive not seen another copy anywhere, can anybody out there tell me if they have got one, not botherd about buying it now, but ime begining to think this is a bit rare, odd for a chart topping record and i would of thotght i would of at least seen another copy, I have asked about and no one has ever seen one that I know, please can some one put me out my missery so i can forget about this, i have asked this question to many times now and ime beging to get a bit obsed with it

post-664-1243004679_thumb.jpg

Social source share

• Replies 24
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Guest taffy

I have in my collection a US Warner Bros, Demo of Young Hearts Run Free, now in the last couple of years ive been looking for another copy of this in all the usual places, and ive not seen another copy anywhere, can anybody out there tell me if they have got one, not botherd about buying it now, but ime begining to think this is a bit rare, odd for a chart topping record and i would of thotght i would of at least seen another copy, I have asked about and no one has ever seen one that I know, please can some one put me out my missery so i can forget about this, i have asked this question to many times now and ime beging to get a bit obsed with it

Definatley a rare one,never seen a uk demo either.

Social source share

• 2 years later...

Old thread i know , but what is the realistic value of the U.S. Demo. I have a nice mint one and can only find one on Popsike that went for nearly $50 ! Is that realistic?

https://www.popsike.com/70s-Soul-45-Candi-Staton-Young-Hearts-Run-Free-WBS-8181/270824416594.html

Social source share

Guest sharmo 1

The only U.K demo that I saw was in Derek Allen's collection it was white with hand written creits and He got it from the time he worked in radio Nottingham.John Manship may have it now.Derek told me it was to be an album track only and he played it on radio Nottingham from the demo album and through the requests the dj's there convinced them to put it out on a 45 and the rests history regards Simon.

Social source share

The only U.K demo that I saw was in Derek Allen's collection it was white with hand written creits and He got it from the time he worked in radio Nottingham.John Manship may have it now.Derek told me it was to be an album track only and he played it on radio Nottingham from the demo album and through the requests the dj's there convinced them to put it out on a 45 and the rests history regards Simon.

Lovely story and respect for Derek, but surely this was always going to be single wasn't it? It was an immediate smash in the U.S. and the standout commercial track of her career so Warners UK would have been insane not to release it on a single. I've never seen a UK promo though.....

Ian D :D

Social source share

So...any idea of value for the U.S. one.......nobody seems to know!

Social source share

Guest sharmo 1

Lovely story and respect for Derek, but surely this was always going to be single wasn't it? It was an immediate smash in the U.S. and the standout commercial track of her career so Warners UK would have been insane not to release it on a single. I've never seen a UK promo though.....

Ian D :D

I absolutly agree Ian i would have thought that there wouldn't have been any one assiated with that recording that didn't realise within an instant it had to be a single release and in addition would have realised they would have had a global monster on thier hand's .I spent a lot of time with Derek over the years and we had some very deep chat's about all thing's wordly and this story cropped up again and again I'm sure Jon Pool and others from our neck of the woods have also heared this one.I hope in a sentimental way it is true as Derek was one of my favorite people on and off the northern scene and i still dedicate the odd track out for him if I'm spinning discs in the area .God bless Derek Allen have a peaceful weekend Ian regards Simon.

Social source share

Guest sharmo 1

So...any idea of value for the U.S. one.......nobody seems to know!

Buggered if I know chap has to be Mr.Manship's field surely , I'm seeing him later and see what he think's regards Simon.

Social source share

Just to add a bit more to this thread, seems to be more around, This is now 5 US promo copys of this that I know off, unless trogs was the one that went through Ebay last month, Rogers Got one, Trogs, mine, The ebay one & the Posike one. Am sure there must be more stll thats only 5 in about 5 years of looking for another, odd that only a few seem to be showing up for a chart topping single, as for the lack of UK demos well I remeber this comming out and got my copy from the local recored store and they were US imports so may be thats the reason for no uk demo it just took of on its own with no need for any UK promation

Social source share

only six ? , i sold one on ebay couple of weeks ago for £4.99 , mono / stereo , flawless minter it was, and only one bidder as well , i got it from a dealer in the states who said it wasnt very well known over there ? i was amazed at that reply .

the lad who got mine got a bargin , i thought it would go for well more than that , but thats ebay for yea ,

it is rare , not seen any more about , but i will be in touch with the fella to see if he has any more , Eddy

Social source share

• 2 months later...

Warner_Bros_WBS-8181m_DJ-1.gifWarner_Bros_WBS-8181s_DJ-1.gif

It is Extremely Rare but doesn't appear to attract the high price attached to it's rariity.

Miff has identified six, his copy, my copy etc.

Sean has added to that total.

It's not that many compared to other DEMOs I've seen over a similar period.

:hatsoff2: HI ALL....YES it is RARE! Why not sell it to a listener of SMOOTH RADIO FM? :g: DAVE69
Social source share

Guest allnightandy
Guest FrostyJak

The 76 version was released to promote the LP of the same title, when will the NS plunder that LP (tastes do change don't they)?

TOTP

"Run To Me" & "I Know" :thumbup:

yep the whole LP is class

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert