John Minns On Jm

Saw that Kaz was looking for this in 2005 (!) - thanks, Boba for spotting my post, by the way. I just picked up a copy of this blind today - haven't yet put a needle on it. Wondering what the deal is. All I know so far is that it's 1974 Philadelphia. Haven't seen any other references to it on Google. Any info about this one floating around on Soul Source?

John Minns - I Want Your Love / (I Believe) It's Time For A Change (JM 7501)

Social source share

• Replies 5
  • Views 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

He got a album as well (John Minns' Big Bone Bad) featuring a to my ears inferior version of "I want your love". And Big Bone Band it is featuring a 26 piece brass section or something like that..

I have the Album, Brian, also on JM from '79. It's live at the 'classic supper club 1' and it features a much livelier take of both these cuts. Much bigger (different, but IMHO, not necessarily inferior) sound as a consequence of all that brass that Karl mentions.

let me know if you want a sound clip.

Social source share

I have the Album, Brian, also on JM from '79. It's live at the 'classic supper club 1' and it features a much livelier take of both these cuts. Much bigger (different, but IMHO, not necessarily inferior) sound as a consequence of all that brass that Karl mentions.

let me know if you want a sound clip.

Yeah, I'd be curious to hear the difference. That's five years and apparently about 19 horn players or so! :D

A few copies of the LP on Popsike, but no copies of the 45 that I've seen. Must be a pretty scarce 45.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert