Anyone Out There Know This, What Do You Think?

Guest James Trouble

• Replies 34
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest James Trouble

Presumably a version of the thing on Accent - which I have always quite liked!

link

I knew someone would know it. :(:thumbsup::D

That was a pretty fast rumbling. gold star for Steve, dunces cap for Trouble.

it-dunce.jpg

I will not try to be clever on soul-source again.

Edited by James Trouble
Social source share

I knew someone would know it. :D   :thumbsup:   :(

That was a pretty fast rumbling. gold star for Steve, dunces cap for Trouble.

it-dunce.jpg

link

Thank you Sir! :( Tis quite a difficult piece to find 'az it 'appenz.

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

Thank you Sir!  :thumbsup: Tis quite a difficult piece to find 'az it 'appenz.

link

I hope it is, given the number of 'top players' who don't seem to know it. Keep it quiet steve, we'll see if anyone else knows it, and if they don't I'll keep it covered up and see who else rumbles me. :D

Social source share

I think the whole moon and space theme is more common on funk type records, .ie. novelty records! :D:thumbsup: Seriously though, I am sure there are some decent moon related soul things. There was a great slow/mid-tempo tune (really good too as I recall it) that dealt with abductions by aliens and UFO's. Don't know titles or anything though.

Edited by Guest
Social source share

Guest James Trouble

I think the whole moon and space theme is more common on funk type records, .ie. novelty records! :D   :thumbsup:   Seriously though, I am sure there are some decent moon related soul things. There was a great slow/mid-tempo tune (really good too as I recall it) that dealt with abductions by aliens and UFO's. Don't know titles or anything though.

link

Why is it a novelty? I think it's a very serious issue, sending men to the moon when there are civil rights riots going on, wars being fought and social injustice. :(

I would love ot hear records sung by poeple who have been abducted by aliens. That would be better than all those records that sing about woman being hit with planks of wood. :(

Edited by James Trouble
Social source share

Guest James Trouble

Oy, you misserable buggers, I can see how many off you have listened to it. What do you think of it? Do you like it, do you not? Come on, some of you must be as bored as I am this afternoon, have an opinion!!!!! I went to the effort of recording it and uploading it, at least say if you think it's pants or not. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Oy, you misserable buggers, I can see how many off you have listened to it. What do you think of it? Do you like it, do you not? Come on, some of you must be as bored as I am this afternoon, have an opinion!!!!! I went to the effort of recording it and uploading it, at least say if you think it's pants or not. :thumbsup:

link

I really like it James. My sort of tune, have you got a spare? :D The bit before the end spoils it though, and the bridge / change ain't great but the verses and chorus' are sweet as f**k.

Jordi

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

I really like it James. My sort of tune, have you got a spare?  :thumbsup:   The bit before the end spoils it though, and the bridge / change ain't great but the verses and chorus' are sweet as f**k.

Jordi

link

No, only got one copy I'm afraid. I agree, it's a weird record. Almost shite, almost genius but it's a 'grower' for sure. :D

Back to work now I think... :(

Edited by James Trouble
Social source share

No, only got one copy I'm afraid. I agree, it's a weird record. Almost shite, almost genius but it's a 'grower' for sure. :D

Back to work now I think... :(

link

First one won't download!!! Shite you say....hope I'm not gonna be subjected to this for the duration of the weekend or I'm kicking you out :thumbsup::(

Edited by chalky
Social source share

Guest Adam G

No, only got one copy I'm afraid. I agree, it's a weird record. Almost shite, almost genius but it's a 'grower' for sure. :thumbsup:

Back to work now I think... :D

link

I like the music and the type of groove

the lyrical content is total shite

Theres a few nice 45 that sound gret though the lyrics are terrible another one that springs to mind is the Willie Hutch thing "sister annie shake your fanny" great 7ts sound shite lyrics :(

Adam

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

First one won't download!!!  Shite you say....hope I'm not gonna be subjected to this for the duration of the weekend or I'm kicking you out  :thumbsup:   :(

link

You can't download it, it's my special secret server that wont let you down load. :D

Just left click it and it will play. :(

The only thing 'shite' you'll be subjected to will be my horrid shirts. :(

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

I like the music and the type of groove

the lyrical content is total shite

Theres a few nice 45 that sound gret though the lyrics are terrible another one that springs to mind is the Willie Hutch thing "sister annie shake your fanny" great 7ts sound shite lyrics :thumbsup:

Adam

link

Why don't you like the lyrics? It's a protest record telling the government not to send men to the moon because it's a waste of money with all the horrible things that are going on on planet earth. Better than lyrics about hitting woman with planks of wood or fetching your clothes out of basement. :D

Social source share

You can't download it, it's my special secret server that wont let you down load. :thumbsup:

Just left click it and it will play. :(

The only thing 'shite' you'll be subjected to will be my horrid shirts. :(

link

Won't play for some reason :angry:

I'll bring me sunglasses for when your around then shall I :D:(

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

Won't play for some reason  :angry:

I'll bring me sunglasses for when your around then shall I  :thumbsup:   :D

link

weird, have you got windows media player on your computer?

Social source share

Guest Stuart T

It's f*cking rubbish obviously but fancy editing it as well so nobody can get a copy - another one who likes to Keep The Faith to themselves.

It gets worse and worse...

link

It is rubbish, my computer won't even play it, its that bad. :D I wish it could be kept covered up so that nobody else can get a copy to play out. :( If anyone wanted to. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

It's f*cking rubbish obviously but fancy editing it as well so nobody can get a copy - another one who likes to Keep The Faith to themselves.

It gets worse and worse...

link

I'm not keeping the faith to myself, as you say. I'm keeping my record to myself. Why should I give out high quality MP3s of a record that I have spent alot of time and effort to get hold of? Rare records are not cheap these days, and they certainly are not easy to get hold of.

If me putting interference on MY RECORDING OF MY RECORD is offensive, then playing bootlegs of records that you dont own is a total disgrace and illegal as well. :thumbsup:

Edited by James Trouble
Social source share

I'm not keeping the faith to myself, as you say. I'm keeping my record to myself. Why should I give out high quality MP3s of a record that I have spent alot of time and effort to get hold of? Rare records are not cheap these days, and they certainly are not easy to get hold of.

If me putting interference on MY RECORDING OF MY RECORD is offencive, then playing bootlegs of records that you dont own is a total disgrace and illegal as well. :thumbsup:

link

Just saying - I've now lost count of the amount of unreleased tracks I've put up here and I didn't edit one apart from the Temptones and then I put the full version of that up.

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

Just saying - I've now lost count of the amount of unreleased tracks I've put up here and I didn't edit one apart from the Temptones and then I put the full version of that up.

link

Each to their own. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Stuart T

I don't think Amiga's play MP3's mate, sorry  :thumbsup:

link

:D I shall complain to IT that we need some of those other computers. Spectrums or something are they? I remember the really posh kids at school had them.

Edited by Stuart T
Social source share

You can't download it, it's my special secret server that wont let you down load. :thumbsup:

Ofcourse you can. You just need some software to do it. I just downloaded your actual wma file using HiDownloadPro. I think it's a dreadful all-over-the-place tune with weak vocals, annoying sound effects, a pointless drum break and then comes that bridge which is just plain bad.

Social source share

Ofcourse you can. You just need some software to do it. I just downloaded your actual wma file using HiDownloadPro. I think it's a dreadful all-over-the-place tune with weak vocals, annoying sound effects, a pointless drum break and then comes that bridge which is just plain bad.

link

I downloaded it using "Straight-to-Trash" which moves it straight to your wastebasket so you don't have to bother listening to it.

Godz

Social source share

Guest Adam G

Why don't you like the lyrics? It's a protest record telling the government not to send men to the moon because it's a waste of money with all the horrible things that are going on on planet earth. Better than lyrics about hitting woman with planks of wood or fetching your clothes out of basement. :(

link

Thanks James but I can understand whats being sang .I just dont like them sorry.And I have to disagree lyrics about hitting anyone with planks of wood are ok in my book

"Mah woman did me wrong so I twatted her with a 4 by 2"

blush.gif:)

Social source share

some records are rare because few were pressed

some are rare because the warehouse burned down

some are just rare because everyone who ever owned a copy listened once and whanged it in the bin

cannot believe you felt it necessary to put those bleeps and stuff on this pile of shite james

but, as you say, each to their own

Social source share

wink.gif

some records are rare because few were pressed

some are rare because the warehouse burned down

some are just rare because everyone who ever owned a copy listened once and whanged it in the bin

cannot believe you felt it necessary to put those bleeps and stuff on this pile of shite james

but, as you say, each to their own

link

I liked the bleeps, they are fcuking excellent....

Remove the rest of the track and you'll be onto a winner!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert