No The Marrying Kind

• Replies 32
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Beaver

Was this pressed up by Manship or anyone? If so has anyone got one they want to sell me please? If so PM or email l_l_m_w@hotmail.co.uk

Ta,

Mark :thumbsup:

link

Pretty sure I've got a copy, whats it worth?

Social source share

I'm afraid I am responsible for this. Except after I'd done it, Rob Thomas told me he'd got the copyright and he'd sue me. I couldn't be bothered getting into an argument so I sold the lot to Manship at cost. There were exactly 100 made, I sold about 35 on my list, John had the rest. So it is actually very rare, I've only got one copy.

Social source share

So it is actually very rare.

link

top choice Pete what was on the other side?

I know I didn't rate it, but I played it out once by mistake and someone said how good it was and what was it....

It was a white label with no writing on it how did I know :D (yes felt very stupid) :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Stuart T

top choice Pete what was on the other side?

I know I didn't rate it, but I played it out once by mistake and someone said how good it was and what was it....

It was a white label with no writing on it how did I know  :( (yes felt very stupid) :thumbsup:

link

You DJ with white label reissues? :D

Quick everyone, fetch the kindling, we must burn Mischief alive. :(

Social source share

You DJ with white label reissues?  :D

Quick everyone, fetch the kindling, we must burn Mischief alive. :(

link

I was on at an alldayer it was 2.00 in the afternoon... I just got it and the room was quiet empty..

Tell you what, makes you wonder if there is only one acetate how come so many of us know it?

"Anyway the Cd's done with all originals. :thumbsup: "

Social source share

Guest Stuart T

Tell you what, makes you wonder if there is only one acetate how come so many of us know it?

link

Through Rob Thomas/Andy Rix playing it, through the unissued stuff that Mike put on this site and on a CD and through getting a copy off Pete.

:thumbsup: Your response to Chalky, don't think Rob T would laugh..... :D

Social source share

:D Your response to Chalky, don't think Rob T would laugh..... :(

link

:angry: No I don't think he would laugh at all.... :angry:

well only ever tried to play it out once as I just bought it, played wrong side thought never again and left it at home... proberly only played it 5 times since I bought it.. :thumbsup:

Social source share

blush.gif Your response to Chalky, don't think Rob T would laugh..... :(

link

Rob Thomas wouldn't even smile, never mind laugh.

Dour is an understatement.

There is a rumour that he once chuckled, but this was put down to him putting on a pair of fur-lined undercrackers, so it was involuntary, and therefore doesn't count.

Second most miserable man in Northern Soul?

I'd say me, but I'm sure there is probably another grumpy twat out there...

Social source share

There is a rumour that he once chuckled, but this was put down to him putting on a pair of fur-lined undercrackers, so it was involuntary, and therefore doesn't count.

link

Robs probably reading this too :(blush.gif

Social source share

link

Keith Minshull.

Social source share

Guest Richard Bergman

Keith Minshull.

link

Northern soul is a haven of grumpiness! Perhaps an effort should be made to slightly change the beeb series to Grumpy Old Soul Men. They could discuss a wide range of topics, and each talk of their apparent agitation at being asked an awkward question about a record by some under 30 years old blush.gif

Edited by Richard Bergman
Social source share

and Keb Darge could go on not cause he's grumpy, but when hes on telly I always have to watch it 10 times to work out what he's saying...

Quality viewing...

link

blush.gif I've known Keb for years and your right Mischief however who is this Ken bloke he always mentions???? :(

Social source share

It might be fair to say that the Northern scene has always attracted its share of (manic) depressives who appear to be (on the surface) miserable people who seek solace in the form of getting off on the fantastic music ......

Ummmmmmmmm... apologies for the amateur psychology !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wink.gif

Social source share

however who is this Ken bloke he always mentions

You dare to mock the local Doric Dialect of the legend Keb

Sacrilige...

He will be

roon yer hoose and slap ye in the coupon wi a hairy huddik..

Keepin the local dialect and people local.

the gasher..Aberdeen..cumawa min

Social source share

link

He laughed at the Polish Club when Shane told him it was his round :thumbsup:

Social source share

Comon folks off that grumpy Thomas chap and back on topic: has anyone got one to sell me please? :thumbsup:

PS Friendship tonight Steve?

link

I'll have to check, but I think that I've got one somewhere you can have. Better sell you something to keep you quite!

Social source share

Glad you got one but must agree that i don't think i've ever seen RT smile biggrin.gif I find that very sad in a mass of people supposedly on the "same track" and he's the only one who doesn't find anything to smile about :):thumbsup:

Social source share

In the interest of fairness I have to report that at the second Samanthas nighter I was standing next to the DJ plinth and Mr T needed a light, which I agreed to provide on the condition that he smiled...and this he duly did :lol::)

I saw him again a couple of weeks later at a soul night in the midlands and reminded him of this incident and he gave a completely UNSOLICITED smile :)

I was so shocked, I had to leave shortly afterwards!!! :Dlaugh.gif

I for one can easily look away as long as he keeps playing good music :thumbsup:

Social source share

In the interest of fairness I have to report that at the second Samanthas nighter I was standing next to the DJ plinth and Mr T needed a light, which I agreed to provide on the condition that he smiled...and this he duly did :D   :D

I saw him again a couple of weeks later at a soul night in the midlands and reminded him of this incident and he gave a completely UNSOLICITED  smile  :D

I was so shocked, I had to leave shortly afterwards!!! :(   laugh.gif

I for one can easily look away as long as he keeps playing good music :thumbsup:

link

ooooh you do make me larf :):lol: Mr T was obviously blind drunk or thinking of a far better place at that time :)

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert