You Know You Are Still A Soul Nut When

Guest east rob

Guest east rob

got up this morning, getting ready to go to work.

whilst making my butty box up, I put a breakaway biscuit in it...

then started singing to myself- your daddies workin' hard, & your momma too, you gotta get the kids to school, get em'up get em'up.

whilst doing a little dance in the kitchen.. at 5.15 on a monday morning!

still a soul nut then! smile.gif

Edited by east rob
Social source share

• Replies 31
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest east rob

I know those lyrics and when you tell me l'll kick myself....

P.S.What was on your butties??

cracking cheese, grommett :thumbup:

Social source share

Guest wrightypaul36

God of course it is!!! Was that The Valentines or The Valentinos cos l can never remember

.................And would l be right in saying that Breakaway is the title of four Northern Soul records

that are all completely different: The Valentines

Toni Basil

Steve Karmen

Ernie Bush

............................And is this a Northern Soul record in itself??? :lol:

MILLIE JACKSON ON US SPRING / UK POLDOR. :lol:

Social source share

Guest topcatnumpty1

MILLIE JACKSON ON US SPRING / UK POLDOR. :lol:

Breakaway---Barbara Lewis---the best of the lot --on her enterprise album

T.C.

Social source share

When i get up at 4-00 in the morning to go to work i put on my boots and the tune that comes into head is " These boots are made for walking and thats just what they`ll do" and so on, and off i go on my journey to deliver peoples mail and trudge the streets for a few hours :lol:

chris :lol:

Social source share

Guest topcatnumpty1

When normal(non soul people ) ask me wheri i live----i live in Beverley ave-----i always say --"Beverley Anne Avenue " and they all look at me gone out!!!

T.C.

Social source share

Guest wrightypaul36

Breakaway---Barbara Lewis---the best of the lot --on her enterprise album

T.C.

HIYA TONY,DONT KNOW THAT ONE,IS IT A DIFFERENT SONG OR A COVER?

WRIGHTY.

Social source share

Guest bazabod_downunder

I've had customers called Dena Barnes, Linda Jones & even a Frank Wilson, of course I can't help myself in 'mentioning' that there's a soul singer with the same name, the poor Frank Wilson customer got it all.....they all look at me in the way people look when someone is not all there, most Aussies wouldn't know a soul record if it kicked them in the teeth, let alone a Northern Soul sound.

KTF

Baz

When normal(non soul people ) ask me wheri i live----i live in Beverley ave-----i always say --"Beverley Anne Avenue " and they all look at me gone out!!!

T.C.

Social source share

then started singing to myself- your daddies workin' hard, & your momma too, you gotta get the kids to school, get em'up get em'up.

still a soul nut then! :lol:

Me & the hubby Justin did the self same thing a couple of weeks ago (except we don't get up as early as you :P ) singing & laughing in the kitchen over the Breakaways when I was doing the packed lunches. Mind you I've also done 'Your Wispa's Getting Louder' now that they're available again, and couldn't help singing a burst of Native New Yorker when we had a multipack of Taxi biccies lately - 'It's a thought you had, in a taxi cab, that got left on the kerb...'

Maybe we should have another thread for northern soul brand names :thumbsup: or even just chocolate biscuits.

Social source share

youve just entered the rest room at work, about 20 collegues are eating their snap, the radio is tuned to radio local, on comes a tune its....

what-judy street

you dance around singing for the duration of the song annoying everbody present without a care in the world,bloody great

Social source share

This very morning in our house,I say to my daughter Rachel,go on and feed the bunny,It's peeing down with rain and Rachel say's to me but dad it's spring and it's raining,Not thinking I start DAH DAH DAD DAH IT'S Spring raining,

She just did'nt get it at all,

She will have to wait for the Hanah Montana vocal remix I suppose :unsure:

Grant

Social source share

This very morning in our house,I say to my daughter Rachel,go on and feed the bunny,It's peeing down with rain and Rachel say's to me but dad it's spring and it's raining,Not thinking I start DAH DAH DAD DAH IT'S Spring raining,

She just did'nt get it at all,

She will have to wait for the Hanah Montana vocal remix I suppose :unsure:

Grant

our local fete last year was called "summer in the park" my missus and kids really got pissed off with me singing and playing it at home

Social source share

Guest kevnewry

HAPPENED TO BE IN TK MAXX LAST WEEKEND WITH MY TRIBE WHEN I HEARD THE STRAINS OF FONTELLA BASS COULDNT HELP BUT HAVE A WEE SHUFFLE BEHIND THE LADIES HANDBAGS SINGING ALONG TO LOUD FOR MY 14 YEAR OLD DAUGHTHERS LIKING biggrin.gif BEST OF ALL I DIDNT CARE A JOT :unsure: ........ THEY JUST DONT GET IT.

Social source share

HAPPENED TO BE IN TK MAXX LAST WEEKEND WITH MY TRIBE WHEN I HEARD THE STRAINS OF FONTELLA BASS COULDNT HELP BUT HAVE A WEE SHUFFLE BEHIND THE LADIES HANDBAGS SINGING ALONG TO LOUD FOR MY 14 YEAR OLD DAUGHTHERS LIKING :) BEST OF ALL I DIDNT CARE A JOT tongue.gif ........ THEY JUST DONT GET IT.

Behind the ladies handbags eh, guessin you were in the ladies underwear section again :unsure:

Social source share

Guest kevnewry

Behind the ladies handbags eh, guessin you were in the ladies underwear section again :unsure:

TOO EXPENSIVE IN THERE DUNNES IS FAR CHEAPER YA TART laugh.gif

Social source share

Picture the scene

Regional course with work , hotel venue over two days , people being very nice , but more importantly being very false , yes that kind !!!

Lots of discussions / lectures / team talks , blah blah blah throughout the day , last night piss up and a curry ,

The slightly " hardcore " members of our group , including me stayed out till 3am , then carried on drinking till 5am

All was going swimmingly well until one of the lads went up to his room and brought down a cd , insisting to the poor knackered barman that he should play it !

Out blasted The Stafford Story Goldmine cd !

I was gobsmacked and more importantly completely legless , in my attempt to talk to him at the bar , I slipped , smashing through a glass coffee table and having 37 stitches in my arm !

ps : It was his girlfriends and he'd picked it up by mistake !

Social source share

See a car in a BIG FISH car park with n/s stickers on and go into the restaurant to see if you can "spot the soulie" whos driving it LOL

Mand "nutter" :lol:

OR another soul nutter put a note on my car telling me about a local soul night to go to (cos my car window has n/s stickers LOL)

Edited by Madmandy
Social source share

still a soul nut then! :tumbleweed3:

You Know You Are Still A Soul Nut When ........

A tune comes on the radio , or is used as backing to a television advertisment ......... and you sing along , knowing all the words biggrin.gif .

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

Guest mobbsy

work as an conductor for east Midlands trains approaching Radcliffe station i announced...".ladies and gentleman next stop is Jimmy Radcliffe"!!!! ...I then had a hot flush!!! felt a right knob.

Social source share

Guest kevnewry

Danny, you shop in Aldi and that's where you buy all

those dreadful RNB singles!!! :thumbup:

PHIL GLAD YOU GOT THE AULD TART SUSSED AS WELL MATE :wicked:

Social source share

When buying a new pair of shoes the first thing you ask yourself is "Can I dance in those?"

So true! In fact when buying anything at all to wear.

We're looking to move at the moment, and one of the plusses on my favourite house so far was that it's only 2 mins to the motorway so it would be easy to get to niters! It's also got a big lounge with a solid oak floor that'd be fab to dance on. Er, and I think it had some bedrooms & maybe a garden :thumbup:

Social source share

Guest isis

So true! In fact when buying anything at all to wear.

We're looking to move at the moment, and one of the plusses on my favourite house so far was that it's only 2 mins to the motorway so it would be easy to get to niters! It's also got a big lounge with a solid oak floor that'd be fab to dance on. Er, and I think it had some bedrooms & maybe a garden :thumbup:

"It's also got a big lounge with a solid oak floor that'd be fab to dance on".

Hope it doesn't "Fall Through" :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest sarahleen

you know your a soul nut when ....

you do what my old mate and northern fanatic (and neighbour by happy coincidence) did

he carted a massive peice of wood across town at 3 in the morning with a broken leg .

why?

because its now his personal "dancefloor"

must admit though im a bit jealous and still trying to find the skip he got it from :thumbup: lol

Social source share

you know your a soul nut when ....

you do what my old mate and northern fanatic (and neighbour by happy coincidence) did

he carted a massive peice of wood across town at 3 in the morning with a broken leg .

why?

because its now his personal "dancefloor"

must admit though im a bit jealous and still trying to find the skip he got it from ph34r.gif lol

what the dance floor had a broken leg :rolleyes: .....ill get me coat....

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert