Original My Backside

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I've got absolutely nothing against people selling these, Lord knows I sell enough of them, but I never, ever say they are original records when they are blatant bootlegs, pressings and reissues, like this seller is doing...or are people just that low on knowledge that they think Lee David originally came out on a label called Ruby..or maybe they just don't care!

Social source share

I've got absolutely nothing against people selling these, Lord knows I sell enough of them, but I never, ever say they are original records when they are blatant bootlegs, pressings and reissues, like this seller is doing...or are people just that low on knowledge that they think Lee David originally came out on a label called Ruby..or maybe they just don't care!

"low on knowledge" :D is usually the case Pete ... rather than deception ...

Social source share

I think it is probably a "low on Knowledge" issue, rather than not caring - most of thest were "wigan record bar 1976" records - boots and originals all under a pound (there are some originals in there) - could be he just bought record because he liked 'em, like my Mom used to do, with no interest in the concept of orig / boot / reiss etc.

He does need to be told though, if only to give himself a chance of selling them with no comebacks.

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Yeah i remember this one Pete.

Think we even had a little discussion about the JOBETTE origin.

Was it something to do with Berry Gordy's family members or female offspring initials ????

Yes, Jobete is an abbreviation of JOy, BErry and TErry, Berry Gordy's kids by his first wife.

Social source share

Greed more like.

Could be greed Ken, but I also know a few people who have picked up stuff at carboots, job lots of northern pressings and they think they have a goldmine,wont be told that their not originals so they try their hand on ebay! one guy i know has a collection full of boots and he is convinced to this day he has originals - just wont be told!! :lol:

Social source share

:D PETE THERES A REAL UK DEMO ON EBAY, THATS IN A REGGAE SHOP, MY MAN IN HACKNEY CHECKED IT OUT FOR ME LISTEN TO SOUND CLIP? AND MY INFO IS RELIABLE ITS A BLACKMANS GOOD /VG AS YOU KNOW THAT MEANS POOR AND KNACKARED, LETS SEE WHAT IT GOES FOR AS ITS ALLREADY REACHED TWICE MY ESTIMATE RARE AND TEMPTING BUT NOT ABOVE £50 AS I KNOW THE SHOP I WISH HIM WELL :yes: DAVE KIL

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert