The Drifter

:wicked: On reading this article a few years back it strongly suggest to me that both tunes were recorded in London Abby Road what do you think? is this great record A UK produced sound? this could explain why there is a few UK versions all on the EMI group of labels..Please make a comment as the Drifter article has proved it to be one of the all time soul record :) DAVE KIL

post-13241-1242408382_thumb.jpg

Social source share

• Replies 5
  • Views 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

:( On reading this article a few years back it strongly suggest to me that both tunes were recorded in London Abby Road what do you think? is this great record A UK produced sound? this could explain why there is a few UK versions all on the EMI group of labels..Please make a comment as the Drifter article has proved it to be one of the all time soul record :( DAVE KIL

Isn't it an article to Americans? Telling them to watch out for their Ray Pollard because he has heard his new 45.Not sure where you get the Abbey Road connection from? But what a great article - I shall look at Freeman in a new light after that......Steve

Social source share

I can't read any London connection into it.

Just on the subject of Ray Pollard and 60's magazines, I've got an issue of The Record Songbook (a fortnightly magazine featuring the lyrics to various new releases and hits) and it has the lyrics to It's A Sad Thing!

Social source share

:( I AGREE THAT IT IS SPECULITIVE? & THE ABBY ROAD LINK WELL MOST RECORDINGS MADE IN THE UK WERE MADE IN MADER VALE, TO ME ITS HOW THE ARTICLE WRITTEN THAT MAKES ME WONDER, A COLLECTOR OF US PRODUCT WOULD NO WHICH CAME FIRST :( DAVE KIL
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert