• Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Anyone have the following for sale

Harvey Averne Dozen - Never Learned To Dance

Please pm me stating the condition and price.

Thanks

Seen quite a few wants posted up for this recently.....not an easy one to find either! Couple have gone on 'Buy It Nows' on eBay fairly recently at what I think were cheap prices so keep an eye out on there in case another pops up thumbsup.gif

Social source share

There must be one or two of these about. It's also available on LP and cd, but I want the 45.

I know there must be some kind person on here that wants to part with one wink.gif

NOT a rare record Tone, must be loads of them in the States where he is fairly famous, but who's got one?, will be keeping my beedie eyes open at Cleethorpes!

Lenny

Social source share

NOT a rare record Tone, must be loads of them in the States where he is fairly famous, but who's got one?, will be keeping my beedie eyes open at Cleethorpes!

Lenny

Sorry Lenny have to disagree, it is a RARE record. Took me 2 years to find a copy! I'm out a lot at weekends and yet to see one in a sales box...

Social source share

Sorry Lenny have to disagree, it is a RARE record. Took me 2 years to find a copy! I'm out a lot at weekends and yet to see one in a sales box...

Hmmm..been told on several occasions that it's not rare mate but you're right, never seen one for sale and not for the lack of looking, might settle for the album but then might not! biggrin.gif

Lenny

Social source share

It certainly is a rare record. Supposedly it was a promo copy only 7" that was pressed to promote the album (that the track appears on)

and never actually got a release as a single.

I read somewhere (i think it was on here actually) that only white label promotion copies exist and if it's an issue, it's a boot.

I could be wrong of course and dreamt all of that but either way it's a brilliant slab of funky soul that took me ages to find.

Best of luck. thumbsup.gif

Social source share

It certainly is a rare record. Supposedly it was a promo copy only 7" that was pressed to promote the album (that the track appears on)

and never actually got a release as a single.

I read somewhere (i think it was on here actually) that only white label promotion copies exist and if it's an issue, it's a boot.

I could be wrong of course and dreamt all of that but either way it's a brilliant slab of funky soul that took me ages to find.

Best of luck. thumbsup.gif

Mine is a issue and it's not a boot! :lol:

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

I'm starting to wish i hadn't sold it to you now... :sad:

I've only ever seen white demos as well. I bought mine off Butch when Lifeline was at Sheridans, so a few years ago, for about £250, i bet it's £350 now at least, more if it's now considered rarer.

What colour is the issue, is it blue? Scan anyone?

Edited by Matt Male
Social source share

I'm starting to wish i hadn't sold it to you now... :lol:

I've only ever seen white demos as well. I bought mine off Butch when Lifeline was at Sheridans, so a few years ago, for about £250, i bet it's £350 now at least, more if it's now considered rarer.

What colour is the issue, is it blue? Scan anyone?

At least you know it went to a good home biggrin.gif .

Was an issue on eBay BIN for $385 about 2 months ago....and it sold within an hour of being listed! Same colour as all the Uptite issues so looked like this: https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Northern-Soul-HARVEY...%3A1%7C294%3A50

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

At least you know it went to a good home biggrin.gif .

Was an issue on eBay BIN for $385 about 2 months ago....and it sold within an hour of being listed! Same colour as all the Uptite issues so looked like this: https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Northern-Soul-HARVEY...%3A1%7C294%3A50

Funny thing is before i sold it to you i put it up on here for £300 and didn't get a single PM about it. No interest at all. That was only about a year ago, if that. Funny old world. :lol:

Anyway good luck with the wants guys thumbsup.gif

Social source share

At least you know it went to a good home :D .

It looks like this yes. I'll post a scan this weekend!

Social source share

On another thread about this record I posted up the pressing figures for promos and issues. I seem to remember it was considerably less than the standard pressing numbers at Fania - I think maybe 300 promos and 1000 issues - as opposed to 1000 promos and 3000 issues for 'Central Park' that was also from the same album.

Social source share

On another thread about this record I posted up the pressing figures for promos and issues. I seem to remember it was considerably less than the standard pressing numbers at Fania - I think maybe 300 promos and 1000 issues - as opposed to 1000 promos and 3000 issues for 'Central Park' that was also from the same album.

Central Park came out twice with different versions.

Could this then half your figures Dean.

Edited by Prophonics 2029
Social source share

Source Advert